Changes v Puppies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Puppies

I'm disappointed with Acres being dropped as well, who knows, maybe it is to simply avoid being the sub two weeks in a row.

Membrey is unlucky but at least there's competition for spots.

I am interested to see how Roo and Bruce in the forward 50 works. I would probably rather Roo finish his career out on the wing to allow your young talls to make the forward 50 their own.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:Why two weeks Plugger? :?:

LTI for both Ross and Ray. 2 of Schneider, Sinclair and Saad have to go back. Obviously Saad does but it will be close out of Schneider and Sinclair. One can then come back on after round 11 if we don't get another LTI.

OK, thanks..............

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
On the Ball
Club Player

McCartin plays, next week is sub, next week is out. Acres plays as sub, next week is out. Not a good way to develop talent. I would have Acres in the team every day of the week. Put him on the wing of HBF and leave him there. He is a gun who just knows how to find the footy.

Montagna will have his usual 30 disposals tomorrow but not have an impact. Not sure on the rush to bring him back into the team.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

On the Ball wrote:McCartin plays, next week is sub, next week is out. Acres plays as sub, next week is out. Not a good way to develop talent. I would have Acres in the team every day of the week. Put him on the wing of HBF and leave him there. He is a gun who just knows how to find the footy.

Montagna will have his usual 30 disposals tomorrow but not have an impact. Not sure on the rush to bring him back into the team.

The problem is no one will cheer the brave coach playing an inexperienced kid if we lose by 5 goals. The fans demand a level of performance be met and while we all want to fast track youth there isn't much respect for uncompetitive teams.

coopergrech
Club Player

Paddy was subbed out against Collingwood....not the sub...
On the Ball wrote:McCartin plays, next week is sub, next week is out. Acres plays as sub, next week is out. Not a good way to develop talent. I would have Acres in the team every day of the week. Put him on the wing of HBF and leave him there. He is a gun who just knows how to find the footy.

coopergrech
Club Player

It's not all about the goals. Yes Membrey was very stiff, but someone has to go out for Rooey and it was Membrey, and Hickey is the one along with Longer keeping him out, when we only have 1 ruckman playing then he more then likely will be back in.
dragit wrote:Membrey has kicked 1 goal in 4 weeks and is making way for Nick Riewoldt... I wouldn't call him unlucky.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Membrey has kicked 1 goal in 4 weeks and is making way for Nick Riewoldt... I wouldn't call him unlucky.
Fair point. He definitely shows promise, he's got good attributes but at the moment he looks a couple of yards too slow and isn't quite holding his marks. Also not kicking as accurately at goal as was promised - maybe because his stamina's not up to scratch.

But on the plus side, he's played 6 games and isn't yet 21. I reckon over the next two years he could improve a lot. 10-15 games this year and 15-20 next year would be a good platform to build on.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:When we only have 1 ruckman playing then he more then likely will be back in.
What if we have two genuine A-grade ruckman on our hands? Trade one of them or find a spot for both?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So:

Schneider retained = Tick The youngtsers will have learnt a lot from how he uses the ball.

Roo and Joey In = Tick

Hickey retained = Tick In his two games in the forward line, he has delivered more than Membrey....while also provide Longer a chop out in the ruck. Particualarly outsranding in the last quarters of both games. While stff for Membrey it has clearly beena good move.

Having enough "ole fellas" to provide leadership = Tick

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....