Changes v Demons

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Demons

Jacks Back wrote:So Tony74 was wrong - No Goddard.
Too eary to call. Goddard didn't play last week. I doubt that they would let him miss too much footy. Late change maybe.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Too eary to call. Goddard didn't play last week. I doubt that they would let him miss too much footy. Late change maybe.

Isnt he alloed to play in the seconds?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Short memories. Gilbert would be in our top 10 players when fit. And will be around for our next finals assault.
I have a memory like an elephant. Gilbert was very good back in 09/10.
Has been very very ordinary the last 4 years. Just became a turnover merchant at some stage in 2011-12.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... am-GILBERT

Lets not exaggerate how good he is. Great athleticism, side step, dash, height and a good tackler to boot but very often torches it and turns it over inexplicably.
Is Gilbo better than Shenton? Probably but not by as much as people think..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Can Goddard play tomorrow and we give young DMac the week off (probably needs it after a massive start to year?

I am still backing Tone74 - Goddard to debut in the next few matches. I think his exact words were 'expect Goddard to debut soon.'

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well im shocked. He is a water boy. Nothing wrong with that He knows as much as all of us. He watched training for years and they asked him to help. Why wouldn't you. I would if I was retired.
So you really are lenny haze. Dead give away.

Why the hatred? Is it because we all like and respect tony?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Can Goddard play tomorrow and we give young DMac the week off (probably needs it after a massive start to year?

I am still backing Tone74 - Goddard to debut in the next few matches. I think his exact words were 'expect Goddard to debut soon.'
His exact words when referring to this week were
tony74 wrote:Minimal changes. Expect Hugh to debut.
We've had 5 changes and no Goddard.

There's nothing wrong with Tony74 - seemingly a good dude, but there's nothing wrong with Plugger calling him out when he gets it wrong which happens often enough.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I think if you intimate that you are a club insider but then make calls that are completely wrong, then you are rightly up for some schtick like the rest of us surely?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well im shocked. He is a water boy. Nothing wrong with that He knows as much as all of us. He watched training for years and they asked him to help. Why wouldn't you. I would if I was retired.
So you really are lenny haze. Dead give away.

Why the hatred? Is it because we all like and respect tony?

Im a give away because of why? Are you related to anyone on here who doesn't understand footy because you post similar? I don't think so. I just think you like others don't understand footy. And I certainly don't hate Tony. I hate the word hate. Terrible word but you sometimes give me the option to change my mind. Why do I care who people respect. I think most of my posts show I don't care what anyone thinks but I do have an order of posters skills. You aren't up there.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Fair call. Tone74 is not 100% but he still is batting at around 80%.

Anyway good luck to 'Meatballs Minchington'. No pressure or anything. Just playing for your AFL future. Nah nothing. Dont worry about it mate.

Sock it to em Meatballs!

Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 12 Jun 2015 11:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Fair call. Tone74 is not 100% but he still is batting around 80%.

Anyway good luck to 'Meatball Minchington'. No pressure or anything. Just playing for your AFL future. Nah nothing. Dont worry about it mate.

Sock it to em Meatball!

Im going with 10% but who cares. He knows what we all know. I batting at around 2% but others are on 20%. Averages.

#gosaintas
Club Player

What a bunch of chumps our selectors are when we are going in without a CHB again while Goddard is languishing in the 2's or sitting on the bench playing no football like last week. Goldilocks selectors.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:What a bunch of chumps our selectors are when we are going in without a CHB again while Goddard is languishing in the 2's or sitting on the bench playing no football like last week. Goldilocks selectors.

So you are already knocking the selectors for not playing a guy 2 weeks in a row before he has or hasn't played. Still think they have you covered in knowing what is best for the side and the players.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:What a bunch of chumps our selectors are when we are going in without a CHB again while Goddard is languishing in the 2's or sitting on the bench playing no football like last week. Goldilocks selectors.
I don't think we lost last week because we didn't have enough tall defenders, or won the week before for the same reason.

#gosaintas
Club Player

3rd week in a row our CHB has been injured and we are too short in the backline with two KPD's running around in form in the two's or worse still, sitting on the bench. Dumb selections.

#gosaintas
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
I don't think we lost last week because we didn't have enough tall defenders, or won the week before for the same reason.
We lost last week because Hawks are better and we won the week before because Bris are so crap it didn't matter how unbalanced our side was

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:3rd week in a row our CHB has been injured and we are too short in the backline with two KPD's running around in form in the two's or worse still, sitting on the bench. Dumb selections.

Has it effected the result. Don't think the talls were the issue against the Hawks and they certainly weren't against Brisbane. And they wont be tomorrow either unless you are worried about Pederson. And you wanted another tall against Brisbane and have the nerve to suggest we are unbalanced this week. Well we certainly would have been had another tall played against Brisbane. o maybe the selectors do have you covered. They certainly have me covered.

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:3rd week in a row our CHB has been injured and we are too short in the backline with two KPD's running around in form in the two's or worse still, sitting on the bench. Dumb selections.

Has it effected the result. Don't think the talls were the issue against the Hawks and they certainly weren't against Brisbane. And they wont be tomorrow either unless you are worried about Pederson. And you wanted another tall against Brisbane and have the nerve to suggest we are unbalanced this week. Well we certainly would have been had another tall played against Brisbane. o maybe the selectors do have you covered. They certainly have me covered.
I would pick 2 KPD every week, regardless of opposition. Just like I would pick at least two talls in the fwd line every week. We have been unbalanced for 3 weeks now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I would pick 2 KPD every week, regardless of opposition. Just like I would pick at least two talls in the fwd line every week. We have been unbalanced for 3 weeks now.

Well we certainly weren't unbalanced against Brisbane. Didn't matter against the Hawks and have no idea yet against Melbourne but I doubt Pederson will have a huge influence. No idea what the 2 forwards point is because that is obvious if we have enough good players. Its then up to the opposition to work out their backline. If they don't rate one of our forwards they may play a medium than a tall.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Back line better be switched on tomorrow. That forward line with Toumpas, Hogan and Garlett looks awesome on paper.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

@AFL_PKeane: AFL advises Dylan Roberton (foot) has withdrawn from StK team v Melb tmrw.
Cam Shenton into 22.
Tom Curren added to emergency players.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:@AFL_PKeane: AFL advises Dylan Roberton (foot) has withdrawn from StK team v Melb tmrw.
Cam Shenton into 22.
Tom Curren added to emergency players.

Still no Goddard

#gosaintas
Club Player

clueless selectors

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Roberton out - foot.
That makes six changes from last week's team. Or does it? Shenton has kept his spot, so I guess still only five.
We'll really have to be 'on' tomorrow though.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

And then Goddard takes a screamer pack mark ~ for Sandy

Seeya
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Fair call. Tone74 is not 100% but he still is batting at around 80%.

Anyway good luck to 'Meatballs Minchington'. No pressure or anything. Just playing for your AFL future. Nah nothing. Dont worry about it mate.

Sock it to em Meatballs!

I prefer them like this

Posting 20 years of holey crap!