Gilbert cost us the game!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#gosaintas
Club Player

Re: Gilbert cost us the game!

Gilbert should play in Schneider's position and Schneider should be in the twos. He was hopeless again on Sat night. He can't even hit a target with a handball and is useless in front of goal.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

If Gilbert could get those poor kicks to opposition, as well as his occasional raph-like brain fades where he tries to run through a space that isn't quite there, he'd be almost elite. Good player. Played well last night - but it,s demoralising to see mistakes like he makes in such a close game.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

fair comment DS. I'm sure that the coaching staff will be working with him this week to get him right!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Gilbert should play in Schneider's position and Schneider should be in the twos. He was hopeless again on Sat night. He can't even hit a target with a handball and is useless in front of goal.

It must be doing your head in that the coaches don't think anything like you. By the way how did the WB talls go on Saturday night. Was our backline to small?

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Gilbert should play in Schneider's position and Schneider should be in the twos. He was hopeless again on Sat night. He can't even hit a target with a handball and is useless in front of goal.

It must be doing your head in that the coaches don't think anything like you. By the way how did the WB talls go on Saturday night. Was our backline to small?
Fortunately Delaney was subbed in for Fisher so we had at least one KPD. As selected, we had none. If Fisher misses again then Lee or Goddard should play, with Gilbert fwd and Schneider in the two's. If Sinclair played instead of Schneider we win.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Fortunately Delaney was subbed in for Fisher so we had at least one KPD. As selected, we had none. If Fisher misses again then Lee or Goddard should play, with Gilbert fwd and Schneider in the two's. If Sinclair played instead of Schneider we win.

Last line isn't fact at all. Just a complete guess. Fisher is a KPP. He has played on brown when he was at his best. If Fisher misses again I certainly wouldn't bring in those 2. The Dons don't have enough tall forwards and we should pick the side based on their forward balance. Gilbert isn't a forward and luckily the selectors know that. Schneider stays in because he deserves to at the moment. Looks like another time you will bag the selectors.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Schneider can't play fwd because he's a proven choker in front of goals. He can't play in the midfield because he tackles like a wet lettuce leaf and if he does fluke a possession he turns it over anyway.

The furthest back Gilbert should play is the wing. He would have been the perfect guy to move onto Woods. Fisher is best suited, particularly now that he is so injury prone, as the second/third defender. If he doesn't get up then either Lee or Goddard come in.

Come on selectors, it's not that hard.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Schneider can't play fwd because he's a proven choker in front of goals. He can't play in the midfield because he tackles like a wet lettuce leaf and if he does fluke a possession he turns it over anyway.

The furthest back Gilbert should play is the wing. He would have been the perfect guy to move onto Woods. Fisher is best suited, particularly now that he is so injury prone, as the second/third defender. If he doesn't get up then either Lee or Goddard come in.

Fisher will be the second defender if he plays. if he doesn't I doubt the others will play because of match ups. Gilbert will play HB I think but is a chance on the wing. Schneider will play the same role he has all year and has done very well in that role. I think the selectos have done very well with match ups this season. They certainly know more about our side and the opposition than anyone on here. They obviously make mostakes but most are in hindsight. They got the backline right on Saturday night that's for sure. We didn't need anymore talls.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This thread highlights all the more why our focus HAS to be on bringing throughelite talent into the side and with foot skills.
Its not about Gilbert and 1 game.....Gilberts been hit and miss for years......great dash and can then slam it down the oppos throat just as quick.
The focus has to be about transitioing these type players off the list and replacing them with some skilled ball users - would Gilbo get a game at Hawks? No hope.
THATS the target
Poor foot skills are why the question of whether Jack Steven could ever be elite will always remain.....at this level to be elite you need elite ball use skills.
I dont see the point in continuing with Fisher - his body is shot. Send off time. Ray is good filler but his job keeps out a kid. Schneider retired etc
Get as much time into kids as we can - forget wins/losses waste of time we need to up skill this list and to do that we must find players and promote the ball users we hae with game time , its why I felt dropping Acres was stupid.

“Yeah….nah””
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:This thread highlights all the more why our focus HAS to be on bringing throughelite talent into the side and with foot skills.
Its not about Gilbert and 1 game.....Gilberts been hit and miss for years......great dash and can then slam it down the oppos throat just as quick.
The focus has to be about transitioing these type players off the list and replacing them with some skilled ball users - would Gilbo get a game at Hawks? No hope.
THATS the target
Poor foot skills are why the question of whether Jack Steven could ever be elite will always remain.....at this level to be elite you need elite ball use skills.
I dont see the point in continuing with Fisher - his body is shot. Send off time. Ray is good filler but his job keeps out a kid. Schneider retired etc
Get as much time into kids as we can - forget wins/losses waste of time we need to up skill this list and to do that we must find players and promote the ball users we hae with game time , its why I felt dropping Acres was stupid.
Agree Tef. Send off game against Freo for the old boyz. Call it a 2009 reunion. Hugs and kisses with Rossy after the game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:This thread highlights all the more why our focus HAS to be on bringing throughelite talent into the side and with foot skills.
THATS the target

Yes we need elite talent but unless we trade for a lower pick we need to get elite talent from higher picks because we only get one pick below 20 each year. It will take years to move up if that is all we rely on.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Fisher, Gilbert and Schneider cooked. Should be their last year. Great servants.

Dempster, Roo and Joey covers enough experience across the park.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Dunno about Gilbert but Fisher and Schneider are def cooked. Time for them to drop back to Sandy and give them a farewell game later in the year. Upgrading Schneider was a stupid move.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Dunno about Gilbert but Fisher and Schneider are def cooked. Time for them to drop back to Sandy and give them a farewell game later in the year. Upgrading Schneider was a stupid move.
Gilbert body is failing him. One injury away from being gone. There's a reason why the three I mentioned haven't had their contracts extended.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Schneider can't play fwd because he's a proven choker in front of goals. He can't play in the midfield because he tackles like a wet lettuce leaf and if he does fluke a possession he turns it over anyway.

Goddard would be good to half time, then what?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

duplication
Last edited by saynta on Tue 30 Jun 2015 11:23am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

duplicated post
Last edited by saynta on Tue 30 Jun 2015 11:23am, edited 1 time in total.

#gosaintas
Club Player

What's the point in asking 3 times?
I would back Goddard or Lee's body to outlast Fisher's.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:Fisher, Gilbert and Schneider cooked. Should be their last year. Great servants.

Huh????? Cooked? Why because he made his usual 3 crap kicks? Really some statements on here border on ludicrious. :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:What's the point in asking 3 times?
Have you even seen them play? Goddard maybe, but Lee? Spare me days, this place get more idiotic by the second.

You are garbage - Enough said
#gosaintas
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Have you even seen them play? Goddard maybe, but Lee? Spare me days, this place get more idiotic by the second.
Seen them both play.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert cost us the game!

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Fisher, Gilbert and Schneider cooked. Should be their last year. Great servants.

Huh????? Cooked? Why because he made his usual 3 crap kicks? Really some statements on here border on ludicrious. :roll:
Roll your eyes all you want <edited, user warned for abuse>. Facts are he's played bugger all footy the last few years. Cooked as in his body is cooked not his playing ability.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Lee is not AFL standard, and never will be. Fisher can play a whole match, and at this stage Goddard can't.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Fisher is finished. Deal with it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Fisher is finished. Deal with it.
I will, if you will deal with the fact that Goddard is not yet ready and that Lee is a dud as an AFL footballer.