Pathetic opposition

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pathetic opposition

I don't think there was enough credit given to our win- we played as a united team with a common cause and easily beat a team who have no direction or soul. No doubt if Essendon want to go forward then Hird needs to be given the boot ASAP..should have been flicked this week if they were fairdinkum.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Little Lonie and marginally bigger Sinclair are driving other clubs nuts.

Neither look like adults or league footballers but get them within cooey of the pill and they are as tough as nails.

No doubt next year could be a reality check for our two new Jacks, but for the time being strategically it has thrown a huge spanner in other teams plans - along with Bruce also.

We just need another trick for 2016 to stay ahead of the game..,,

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:They aren't the first team to throw in the towel midway through a game. But it took the St. Kilda pressure to create the atmospheric catharsis which allowed it to happen. We broke their spirit. That's how you build the fear factor - individuals in footy sides think that you are able to humiliate them and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The psychology of the crowd. This is what made Geelong such a top side for so long, and why Hawthorn are so good now.
That's exactly what happened and we weren't given credit where credit was due. Bj admitted it. Nothing to do with the drugs saga in my view. They played well for half a game against the Hawks but when the going gets tough, they throw in the towel. They are a mentally weak team. We were on our game, and as Bj stated, they got too far behind on the scoreboard and just gave up.Piss poor, but we were very good.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Also worth noting the Bulldogs arent very good. Over-rated. I was very unimpressed with them against us. We should have pole-axed them. If it wasnt for our horrendous field kicking we would have done them by ten goals. No chance they will make the 8.