Disgraceful umpiring - club needs to act

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disgraceful umpiring - club needs to act

terry smith rules wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Tippett 17-21
Buddy 23-25
Wow! Just...wow!
The two Sydney forwards have received 40 free kicks between them!

Roo has 5 and Bruce has 10 for and 13 against.
My point/question is (and I watch the swans a lot, those frees are there both for and against), are the defenders that much worse against the swans (I doubt it) are Buddy and Tippett that much "fairer" or do they play any differently , obviously no.

Buddy especially plays a very similar game to Roo in that he runs, leads , plays a lot in front and therefore gets chopped and infringed , there the similarity ends as the umpire starts blowing his whistle. Mind you Buddy still misses his share
I don't think the umpires cheat at all.
There are, however, damning statistics in the adjudication of infingements involving St Kilda players. I don't know what it is but it it warrants an investigation initiated by the football club to find out.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
Buddy 23-25
Wow! Just...wow!

Its like when Plugger went to Sydney when they were really building. He just got so many more frees than when he played with us.

Barry Hall was worse, once he left even the media started to say he was reformed from day one and all of a sudden got free kicks for the first time. It was blatant corruption so again contradicts your idea that the AFL doesn't direct the umpiring and deliberately pushes agendas.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
Buddy 23-25
Wow! Just...wow!

Its like when Plugger went to Sydney when they were really building. He just got so many more frees than when he played with us.

Barry Hall was worse, once he left even the media started to say he was reformed from day one and all of a sudden got free kicks for the first time. It was blatant corruption so again contradicts your idea that the AFL doesn't direct the umpiring and deliberately pushes agendas.

I was being sarcastic Gringo and hall got about the same percentage wise at all 3 clubs he played for. It the poor us attitude that stats prove aren't really right. I feel for you if you think the umpires are directed by the AFL. Where is the smoking gun to tell us that. Surely there is many disgruntled ex employees who would tell if true. Of course it isn't true. maybe an umpire has bias to a certain player for some unknown reason but eventually that upire will be found out for constantly making mistakes.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
Buddy 23-25
Wow! Just...wow!

I was being sarcastic Gringo and hall got about the same percentage wise at all 3 clubs he played for. It the poor us attitude that stats prove aren't really right. I feel for you if you think the umpires are directed by the AFL. Where is the smoking gun to tell us that. Surely there is many disgruntled ex employees who would tell if true. Of course it isn't true. maybe an umpire has bias to a certain player for some unknown reason but eventually that upire will be found out for constantly making mistakes.
Where are the stats to back up your argument. Without the actual figures, your statement is meaningless.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Where are the stats to back up your argument. Without the actual figures, your statement is meaningless.

Look it up or call me a liar. Either way I couldn't give stuff what you think. By the way where are the stats to back up Gringo? You really are just wasting my time. An many others.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Look it up or call me a liar. Either way I couldn't give stuff what you think. By the way where are the stats to back up Gringo? You really are just wasting my time. An many others.
Well, you have wasted my time on occasions so it's nice to hear I'm evening the score a bit. I'm not looking up anything, I much prefer to believe you are telling porkies.

AND, for the record. that's "and many others". Did you even attend school?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Anyone with half a brain and their dog knows that the umpires are biased against schneids, and have gotten away with it. So you are wrong again,but I did say anyone with half a brain. :mrgreen:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Anyone with half a brain and their dog knows that the umpires are biased against schneids, and have gotten away with it. So you are wrong again,but I did say anyone with half a brain. :mrgreen:

No worries whoever you are. And like you said half a brain. I have a whole brain. And I gather you also have a dog.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 14 Jul 2015 3:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Well, you have wasted my time on occasions so it's nice to hear I'm evening the score a bit. I'm not looking up anything, I much prefer to believe you are telling porkies.

No I didn't go to school. I am an invalid and couldn't attend.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

No I didn't go to school. I am an invalid and couldn't attend.
You forgot bulls*** artist.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No worries whoever you are. And like you said half a brain. I have a whole brain. And I gather you also have a dog.
Why don't you address the Schneider issue Mr Umpires' best friend.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

What can I address? You ask some of the silliest questions. Very funny name though. Sounds like you are about 8 years old though. That is an issue for your family I would think.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

What can I address? You ask some of the silliest questions. Very funny name though. Sounds like you are about 8 years old though. That is an issue for your family I would think.
You are a waste of space. You know damn well that Schneider gets a rough deal from the whole umpiring fraternity. I am also damn sure that the Afl would be well aware of that fact and along with everyone else has done nothing about it. That's sanctioned cheating in any ones language.

#gosaintas
Club Player

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

You are a waste of space. You know damn well that Schneider gets a rough deal from the whole umpiring fraternity. I am also damn sure that the Afl would be well aware of that fact and along with everyone else has done nothing about it. That's sanctioned cheating in any ones language.
I think once you get the well earned reputation as a stager that human nature will dictate that you don't get as well looked after as others. The odd ones are Roo and Bruce as they really seem to be getting shafted this year. Lonie had better be careful otherwise he may go the same way as Schneider and have to get his head torn off to get a free.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

Thanks. If you thought I wasn't a waste of space I would very upset. Now if it came from a poster who had knowledge of anything at all I might be upset but Im quite chuffed.

Still haven't worked out how the biggest story ever in the AFL hasn't got out into the media.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Thanks. If you thought I wasn't a waste of space I would very upset. Now if it came from a poster who had knowledge of anything at all I might be upset but Im quite chuffed.

Still haven't worked out how the biggest story ever in the AFL hasn't got out into the media.
Pathetic response, truly pathetic.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

I think once you get the well earned reputation as a stager that human nature will dictate that you don't get as well looked after as others. The odd ones are Roo and Bruce as they really seem to be getting shafted this year. Lonie had better be careful otherwise he may go the same way as Schneider and have to get his head torn off to get a free.
You could actually tear schneids' head off and he still wouldn't get a free. It has nothing to do with staging. It goes back to when Schneider clapped a maggot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

As opposed to your last 500? You need to at least come up with something better than you have. You are confirming that 8 years of age tag. Now kid explain why the cheating hasn't been in the media? Simple question so it gives you a chance to answer.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

As opposed to your last 500? You need to at least come up with something better than you have. You are confirming that 8 years of age tag. Now kid explain why the cheating hasn't been in the media? Simple question so it gives you a chance to answer.

Answer mine first.

The Disch
Club Player

saynta wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

You could actually tear schneids' head off and he still wouldn't get a free. It has nothing to do with staging. It goes back to when Schneider clapped a maggot.
What did Milne do to the umpires?
He had it far worse than Schneider.

Rosco
Club Player

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Barry Hall
Games FF FA FF/Game FA/Game Ratio (FA/FF)
StK 88 60 112 0.68 1.27 1.87
Syd 162 128 252 0.79 1.56 1.97
WB 39 24 47 0.62 1.21 1.96
Career 289 212 411 0.73 1.42 1.94

The best ratio of free kicks against / for was when he was with us.

Edit: Looks like i need some formatting. Looks fine and lined up in the typing box.

Rosco
Club Player

plugger got significantly less free for per game (and against) when he was at sydney compared to st kilda. ratio between the two stints is almost identical (2.91 against/for with us, 2.86 with them). nothing to see here.

Games FF FA FF/Game FA/Game Ratio (FA/FF)
StK 183 143 416 0.78 2.27 2.91
Syd 98 50 143 0.51 1.46 2.86
Career 281 193 559 0.69 1.99 2.90

Rosco
Club Player

roo

Games 291
FF 374 - 1.29 per game
FA 142 - 0.49 per game
FA/FF = 0.38 (this ratio is 7.6 times better than plugger's career...)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Disch wrote:
saynta wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

What did Milne do to the umpires?
He had it far worse than Schneider.
Like the rest of the non saints footballing fraternity they just didn't like him. Maybe both Milne and Schneider back chatted them. They hated Baker as well. Maybe someone from St Kilda once rooted a maggot's girl friend. Who knows.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Class.