Squad v Dockers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rosco
Club Player

Re: Squad v Dockers

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Funny how the bookies have really tightened up the odds for this game. They must have learnt their lesson from the last two years.
Surely Fremantle won't lose this game again?
Agree. It can't happen every year. And we are playing a man short still by playing Wright.

You really do have away with words. Do you think before you type?
rough on wright.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote:I just get the feeling that maybe we've put the cue in the rack for the season.
It is good to see these guys get a chance to show if they have a future, but I think our run home is rated the toughest in the competition and can't see us winning again this season.
Hope I'm wrong, would love to knock Geelong off. But 6 wins is better than expected by me.
Depending on West Coasts situation in the last round, may determine if we win again as well. They might do what Fremantle did two years ago and rest half their team.
Good luck to Acres, Ross and Wright, hope they do well.

We won't beat West Coast over there. They may not hammer us if their focus is on the finals the week after and they want to avoid unnecessary injuries, but a competitive effort is what I would be looking for in the final round.
I expect Freo to strangle us today - and I expect a four quarter effort from us. Extra motivation - the Ro$$ factor.
Next week against North in Hobart could be bad - never seem to play well in conditions down there, and North are really 'in-form'.
Geelong at Etihad - they are hitting their straps now. We should be competitive for a while - but a midfield with Caddy and a Selwood in it makes a win most unlikely.
Sydney at Etihad will be interesting - but we seem to struggle with sides who have a big power forward - and they have two. And Tippett saves his best games for against us, so that could be a 6 goal+ loss too.
And then West Coast in the final round.
No likely wins amongst that lot. Keep every loss competitive and I will be happy, but the signs with the forward line last week doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. My take is that Essendon and Melbourne both have two likely wins left and both those sides will finish above us on the ladder.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
S.A Saint
Club Player

Going from the squad insider i than dan will be the starting sub. Ross, Acres and Wright were all grouped together on the whiteboard with dan sitting alone :lol:

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"