Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan

MC Gusto wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Interested to understand which 2nd year players on our list are ahead of dunstan..?
None, but Mark McGough also looked pretty awesome in his 2nd year. Same draft as Dane Swan who took two years to debut.
So no 2nd players are ahead of him, we persist on comparing him to McGough (who had dismal skills by foot) and on that basis we've written him off?

junk thread
Swan was drafted in 2001 and hadnt even played a game in his 2nd year so who is 'ahead' at this point is a bit moot.
Dunstan clearly better than McGough. I am just saying he isnt a guaranteed A grader like I thought last year.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I don't see how you could judge any player as to whether they will be elite or not after 2 seasons.

Being elite is not about talent alone. It is about sustained performance, extremely high performance, across multiple seasons. You can't be elite for 1 season if you know what I mean.
Sustained performance requires a number of disciplines, mind and fitness levels to be all in check...so to judge whether one player will or won't make it to elite or A grade is nigh impossible at this early stage...all you can really do is probably eliminate those that won't make it which would be purely talent based at this stage eg they can't hit a target

Just my two cents on the matter

#1 Ryder fan
S.A Saint
Club Player

Seems to be playing a bit more of a forward role this year than pure mid like he did last season. Kid has all the tools to be a very very good player once he gets properly fit to run out a full game ala Armo.

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"