Is the Club Being Pig Headed?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is the Club Being Pig Headed?

Stuff them Saints work for club not media or Essendon

Hawthorn first statement today? Yes clarko has spoken to him but Expects him to go to Saints

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
AJR

So, trading has closed for this week. Hawthorn got their 2nd round 1 pick early this morning (what were North thinking?). Having rejected whatever St Kilda offered during the day, I'd have thought Essendon would jump at the 2 mid-teens offer from Hawthorn - a no brainier really for a club that has lost draft picks in recent years. So, why haven't Essendon taken the Hawthorn offer up; particularly as it gives Dordoro the opportunity to stick it up the Saints? I'm quite confused. Essendon owes Carlisle nothing and yet hasn't jumped at the Hawthorn offer. Let's not forget that Carlisle has attitude issues, has done very little on field for 2 years and there's still the WADA uncertainty. Whatever the reasons, it is now clear that Saints will not give over pick 5 and I am very relieved at this because Carlisle just isn't worth it. Don't forget that with a pick 5 we hope to get a potential future gun of the game. Carlisle has had 1 very good year followed by 2 very mediocre years. Let Hawthorn have him. If they can scrounge another flag good on them. It won't impact St Kilda one iota as we're still a bottom 8 side. Then Hawthorn will have to face the problem of finding salary cap for their younger players who have won premierships for them. We might pick up a couple of bargains from them in the next 1-3 years. Don't get me wrong - I'd like to get Carlisle for a late 1st round pick and if this costs us pick 5 to get him and another late 1st pick, then that's Ok. Essendon's failure to seal a deal with Hawthorn today, for reported 2 late 1st round picks suggests they won't take one late 1st rounder from Saints. So, I'd prefer to keep,pick 5 and get a kid with great potential (and keep Ross or whoever)

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: We have had weeks to table an offer. We havent delivered. We needed to put up or shut up.
It was obvious that we needed either a pick 10-15 OR a pick + a player to get it done. We never actually came up with a suitable offer. We only have ourselves to blame. It's one thing for us to say no to pick 5 - that's fine - but its our responsibility to find a suitable deal - which we did NOT do.
Fair points. I'm glad that we are not going to be paying overs for Carlisle, but what offer have we put up for him?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Well said, Loris. The club has been thoroughly professional in its dealings, despite the antagonistic behaviour of Dud-oro. The Hawthorn offer isn't going to get it done, unless Jake has a 180 degree shift in attitude. I'm thinking this will go down to the wire, as most experienced trade watchers have stated. St.Kilda has put an offer on the table, according to slobbo, which will allow Dud-oro to save face and get pick 5, for JC and two second rounders. Very fair IMHO. The fact is, we're not as desperate as the cheats, so there is a power imbalance in our favour.

In any event, if nothing happens soon, the parties will be forced back to mediation. Dud-oro has broken the first rule of negotiation. He showed his hand too early and now won't back down for fear of losing face. He then compounds the problem by publicly insulting us, while not factoring in Jake's needs and wishes and trying to pressure us with the Hawks offer. Someone should tell him that this sort of behaviour and making stupid and unrealistic ambit claims, were last relevant in the '70s. What an incompetent tool. Essendope, a cheating pack of scum one day, a complete rabble the next.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

AJR wrote:I'd have thought Essendon would jump at the 2 mid-teens offer from Hawthorn - a no brainier really for a club that has lost draft picks in recent years. So, why haven't Essendon taken the Hawthorn offer up; particularly as it gives Dordoro the opportunity to stick it up the Saints? I'm quite confused.

because he is uncontracted and will have to agree to a new contract, if he doesn't Hawthorn loses him to the draft (despite giving up those draft picks).

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:For all this navel gazing - we STILL dont have an actual offer on the table for Essendon. We have had weeks to table an offer. We havent delivered. We needed to put up or shut up.
It was obvious that we needed either a pick 10-15 OR a pick + a player to get it done. We never actually came up with a suitable offer. We only have ourselves to blame. It's one thing for us to say no to pick 5 - that's fine - but its our responsibility to find a suitable deal - which we did NOT do.
Lets just move on.
We only have ourselves to blame for not being bent over and reamed by drug cheats? We needed to put up or shut up? Thankfully the people representing us aren't so feeble. We need to hold our nerve, not bend over.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:For all this navel gazing - we STILL dont have an actual offer on the table for Essendon. We have had weeks to table an offer. We havent delivered. We needed to put up or shut up.
Lets just move on.

I think after the wash-up today, it's not unreasonable for someone to call you out for the whining pussy that you are!! How about a little faith in our own people for a change!! The list management guys have been the shining light at our club for the past three years - how about some respect!!

And I'll happily cop the warning from the mods.....you earned it.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!