At least Richo wasn't happy....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: At least Richo wasn't happy....

BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote::D

Banter and/or fun... Simon is cracking down on both.

It won't be tolerated.

You have been warned.
Warning WAS issued because it was teasing, mocking and baiting a poster. Clear breach.
As others have pointed out, the purpose of this thread was clearly to bait other posters that bigmart considers to have loser mentality and perpetuate the myth of a culture of accepting mediocrity.

Was bluthy's post reported reported by anyone? Is the rule that a post has to be reported before you get involved?
Disagree completely!

The OP was about the topic of a coach not giving players easy outs with excuses .... yet accepting there are reasons.

Any coach / team manager or even business manager knows that if you give the team an "out" that permits failure THEN they will take it. A very valid point.

You (and maybe others) have read the opening post with your prior prejudices in place rather than on it's merit.

Without re-reading it, I do not recall anything in the OP that referenced other posters "accepting mediocrity" or having a "loser mentality" AT ALL.

Instead he made VALID points regarding mana management and the importance of raising expectations and standards and not giving team members an excuse.

Having said that ... I didn't re-read the OP before responding to this ... perhaps we should ALL re-read it.

On a final note - no it is NOT a rule that a post has to be reported before we egt involved - we can act on posts that we find in our own reading ... HOWEVER we cannot read every post and as it clearly explains in the rules ... if a reader / poster wants a post assessed for a breach then it is best to report it so it can be assessed - why ... because we cant read every post!
Some do, so why can't the mods.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Bring back pluggs
He'll sort it out

Arrh................................no.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I am the KEYBOARD WARRIOR

(read in Batman's gruff voice while we see a dorky person sitting cross legged on the Linton St offices at night wearing a cape emblazoned with an @ symbol, typing at a lap top and empty Dare iced coffees littered around to keep awake)

My keys tap the truth that pricks the empty balloons of meaningless chest puffing rhetoric.

I am the BACKSPACE that removes empty self-inflating words. The DELETE that wipes clean the surface babble that goes on for ages but actually says nothing. The SHIFT in thinking to not just type high-minded waffle that lets you slap yourself on the back but has next to no relevance or incisiveness of thinking.

Where ever a pompous nong mounts his high horse and slashes at the mediocre peasants with his whip of moral superiority, I will be there

Whenever I've had too much coffee and have too much time on my hands and write a stupid, bizzare story that has people seriously questioning my sanity, I will be there

I am the hero this board needs, but not the one it wants right now.

I ignore the warnings, the rules can not contain me

I shall RETURN

[swirls cape and painfully slowly climbs off the roof of the building getting cape caught in the guttering before ripping if free and dropping to the ground heavily. Painfully gets up and with a dramatic swirl of the cape limps off into the night]

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Good to see Richo isn't easily pleased. I'd be disappointed if he was.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:I am the KEYBOARD WARRIOR

(read in Batman's gruff voice while we see a dorky person sitting cross legged on the Linton St offices at night wearing a cape emblazoned with an @ symbol, typing at a lap top and empty Dare iced coffees littered around to keep awake)

My keys tap the truth that pricks the empty balloons of meaningless chest puffing rhetoric.

I am the BACKSPACE that removes empty self-inflating words. The DELETE that wipes clean the surface babble that goes on for ages but actually says nothing. The SHIFT in thinking to not just type high-minded waffle that lets you slap yourself on the back but has next to no relevance or incisiveness of thinking.

Where ever a pompous nong mounts his high horse and slashes at the mediocre peasants with his whip of moral superiority, I will be there

Whenever I've had too much coffee and have too much time on my hands and write a stupid, bizzare story that has people seriously questioning my sanity, I will be there

I shall RETURN

[swirls cape and painfully slowly climbs off the roof of the building getting cape caught in the guttering before ripping if free and dropping to the ground heavily. Painfully gets up and with a dramatic swirl of the cape limps off into the night]
If you didn't already exist, we'd have to invent you! Was that a large @ symbol I saw illuminated in the sky? P66 surely lurks in the underground tunnels, bitter and filled with thoughts of revenge. Slowly, but surely, he creates his plans of destruction for the forum! Who can save the mods and this forum from his vengeance? Only you can, KEYBOARD WARRIOR! If only the mods could see that. It will be too late when he returns, in disguise, to wreak havoc on us once again!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You are a hero... (If that's what you think is heroic?)

That's for sure

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dragit you mis-represent again... Let's have a look

'Yes marto you often post to incite a response, that's what trolling is... Many others including myself do it to... Let's not have a cry when you get the response you are inciting'

I post when I make observations, I don't care how they're reieved or responded to (unless it's personal as was the case here) I don't believe I'm always correct, and am fully aware that for every point there is a counter... Trolling is making a comment to incense someone, basically purely to annoy them.

'At least Richo wasn't happy... unlike all those losers on here'

Or the rational way of reading into that without a complex would be

At least AR is not happy.... Because I'd be annoyed if he wasn't very disappointed... Bit like saying, at least we won the game... Even if we played poorly

Dragit
Your dislike for me is seemingly an infatuation ... Don't worry about my comments if you aren't happy with them... Or just argue the point. Don't get into a grudge fest and lose the point because of bias

This thread was about the message in ARs Presser ... That simple
Turned into a circus by the self proclaimed 'caped crusader'
Who valiantly made a mockery of me, to PROVE to others how he can humiliate BigMart- what an achievement
Whoopee

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:

I shall RETURN

If you didn't already exist, we'd have to invent you! Was that a large @ symbol I saw illuminated in the sky? P66 surely lurks in the underground tunnels, bitter and filled with thoughts of revenge. Slowly, but surely, he creates his plans of destruction for the forum! Who can save the mods and this forum from his vengeance? Only you can, KEYBOARD WARRIOR! If only the mods could see that. It will be too late when he returns, in disguise, to wreak havoc on us once again!
By recognising my greatness you have proven yourself worthy. I offer you the chance to become my side kick. Because you will be to the side but still connected to me, you shall be known as "The Mouse". This shall be your costume http://www.onesieponatime.com/index.php ... duct_id=80

As The Mouse, you shall point to the pompousness of our foes and highlight their hypocrisy. You shall right-click and "save" people (or delete them). We shall be the Dynamic Duo of the board keeping it safe from over-inflated self-rightousness. But Beware! The authorities here do not approve of our form of vigilante justice. You will need to live a life lurking in the shadows (the animal enclosure). Now quick - to the laptop cave! (ok my parents garage - they are out of town).

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hilarious

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Dragit
Your dislike for me is seemingly an infatuation ...
Haha… your rich history of trolling is a side issue for me here, sorry to disappoint.

I'm more concerned with Simon's approach to moderating. Bigmart you've said you weren't offended and a number of people have said they thought bluthy's post was funny and not worthy of punishment… yet Simon has decided otherwise.

We have a perfectly good system that allows this community to anonymously alert the moderators when they feel offended or that the rules have been broken… We don't need a dictator telling everyone when they should be offended… with this approach, it's just far too easy for a mod to get rid of a poster they don't like. Say like plugger… who was getting warnings for banter with posters that were in no way offended.

If you can't read every thread (which is fair enough) then you miss context from related threads… and therefor dealing out punishments is fraught with not actually understanding the whole situation.

Simon - do you think it's a reasonable request that those wielding all the power wait for a regular member of the community to alert mods to a breach before you deal out warnings and punishments?

Do you care what most of us think or are you running this place with your own agenda against the wishes of the community?

Can we have a poll? I think it's pretty important.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hilarious
This is how I choose to picture you saying that http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Jokerf ... 1299101388

Hey BM - I disagree with you strongly. I think it was an extremely positive thing that we ran out of gas at the start of the last quarter and I suspect Richo thought the same thing.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BigMart wrote:Dragit
Your dislike for me is seemingly an infatuation ...
Haha… your rich history of trolling is a side issue for me here, sorry to disappoint.

I'm more concerned with Simon's approach to moderating. Bigmart you've said you weren't offended and a number of people have said they thought bluthy's post was funny and not worthy of punishment… yet Simon has decided otherwise.

We have a perfectly good system that allows this community to anonymously alert the moderators when they feel offended or that the rules have been broken… We don't need a dictator telling everyone when they should be offended… with this approach, it's just far too easy for a mod to get rid of a poster they don't like. Say like plugger… who was getting warnings for banter with posters that were in no way offended.

If you can't read every thread (which is fair enough) then you miss context from related threads… and therefor dealing out punishments is fraught with not actually understanding the whole situation.

Simon - do you think it's a reasonable request that those wielding all the power wait for a regular member of the community to alert mods to a breach before you deal out warnings and punishments?

Do you care what most of us think or are you running this place with your own agenda against the wishes of the community?

Can we have a poll? I think it's pretty important.
I would second it

asiu
Saintsational Legend

spambots , fembots (fugly bunch they were) a caped chook , timberjacks 'n polls
... no wonder Richo aint happy.

there's so much going on in this thread ... i'm torn.
... not about another low draft pick though.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Needs more Caps Lock.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Enjoyable thread.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Needs more Caps Lock.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote: This is where you are wrong! He made NO SUCH THING CLEAR!
PLEASE STOP SHOUTING SIMON IT IS VERY RUDE.

I get the feeling you have never been wrong in your life, this thread follows directly after a post made about accepting mediocrity and how people here have a loser mentality, he even referenced that again in here... this is the context... and it is part of a long history.

If you won't consider context & intent then you shouldn't be issuing warnings until someone actually reports something, the citywest debacle is a bright red flag on your ability to read a situation... Here is another.

Bigmart baited and bluthy trolled him back, it's as simple as that.
I am sorry for shouting, if that is how it interpreted - I was just trying to emphasise the point.

Dragit - you say alot of things that are not completely accurate and actually not specifically relevent either to the rules.

I shall state again the OP was within the rules and the response was a clear breach - reported or not.

Now to the crux of your argument that my moderation is lacking understanding of context - that context in your opinion being that BigMart in your own words:

"this thread follows directly after a post made about accepting mediocrity and how people here have a loser mentality"

My problem is after searching all of BigMart's threads that day - I can't find one that does that at all. Can you please help me find it? Without it your argument about me not assessing the OP as a "bait" due to the context ... doesn't stand up at all.

None of his posts have been edited - so i am not sure what you are reading?

Also his OP in this thread doesn't say that either.

He may have said it in the past - and you and others may have fought about that issue in the past - but given he has not accused a poster or posters of "accepting mediocrity" or having a loser mentality" in these threads - what I ask is who is "repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters" and at the present moment I really can't see where BigMart is doing this.

Anyway - you are entitled to your opinion (as is everyone) on my moderation, however the only thing I measure a post or posts by (whether read or reported) is whether it complies or breaches the rules.

I don't really know any of you - and have no reason to favour one over the other.

As i say, you are entitled to your opinion, BUT so am I and in my opinion (as moderator) the post was a breach and warning worthy. I am not right or wrong - I am just offering my opinion in consideration of the forum rules.

Please note that I did however credit the humour and creativity.

Whether BigMart was "offended" is secondary because the breach was so clear in the rules -

"Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster" ... breaches equals warning.

NOTHING (caps for emphasis and not shouting) in the rules stating that they have to be offended. However a sign of being baited is the tone of the response and the tone of BigMart's response was anger. Even without that ... the post was a clear breach.

NOTHING (caps for emphasis and not shouting) in the rules that the mods can ONLY assess posts for breaches IF they are reported.

Thanks for all of your concern about the job of moderation - I shall try to improve. I won't always get it right, but I shall always be trying to act on clear breaches of the rules.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

I shall RETURN

By recognising my greatness you have proven yourself worthy. I offer you the chance to become my side kick. Because you will be to the side but still connected to me, you shall be known as "The Mouse". This shall be your costume http://www.onesieponatime.com/index.php ... duct_id=80

As The Mouse, you shall point to the pompousness of our foes and highlight their hypocrisy. You shall right-click and "save" people (or delete them). We shall be the Dynamic Duo of the board keeping it safe from over-inflated self-rightousness. But Beware! The authorities here do not approve of our form of vigilante justice. You will need to live a life lurking in the shadows (the animal enclosure). Now quick - to the laptop cave! (ok my parents garage - they are out of town).
That's uncanny. You've described my current life to a tee! I am THE MOUSE! I pledge my undying loyalty and neoprene mat to your service. Wireless and with an abundant supply of AAA batteries, my devotion will know no bounds.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
dragit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote: This is where you are wrong! He made NO SUCH THING CLEAR!
PLEASE STOP SHOUTING SIMON IT IS VERY RUDE.

I get the feeling you have never been wrong in your life, this thread follows directly after a post made about accepting mediocrity and how people here have a loser mentality, he even referenced that again in here... this is the context... and it is part of a long history.

If you won't consider context & intent then you shouldn't be issuing warnings until someone actually reports something, the citywest debacle is a bright red flag on your ability to read a situation... Here is another.

Bigmart baited and bluthy trolled him back, it's as simple as that.
I am sorry for shouting, if that is how it interpreted - I was just trying to emphasise the point.

Dragit - you say alot of things that are not completely accurate and actually not specifically relevent either to the rules.

I shall state again the OP was within the rules and the response was a clear breach - reported or not.

Now to the crux of your argument that my moderation is lacking understanding of context - that context in your opinion being that BigMart in your own words:

"this thread follows directly after a post made about accepting mediocrity and how people here have a loser mentality"

My problem is after searching all of BigMart's threads that day - I can't find one that does that at all. Can you please help me find it? Without it your argument about me not assessing the OP as a "bait" due to the context ... doesn't stand up at all.

None of his posts have been edited - so i am not sure what you are reading?

Also his OP in this thread doesn't say that either.

He may have said it in the past - and you and others may have fought about that issue in the past - but given he has not accused a poster or posters of "accepting mediocrity" or having a loser mentality" in these threads - what I ask is who is "repeatedly revisit past disagreements causing or creating an ongoing dispute between one or more posters" and at the present moment I really can't see where BigMart is doing this.

Anyway - you are entitled to your opinion (as is everyone) on my moderation, however the only thing I measure a post or posts by (whether read or reported) is whether it complies or breaches the rules.

I don't really know any of you - and have no reason to favour one over the other.

As i say, you are entitled to your opinion, BUT so am I and in my opinion (as moderator) the post was a breach and warning worthy. I am not right or wrong - I am just offering my opinion in consideration of the forum rules.

Please note that I did however credit the humour and creativity.

Whether BigMart was "offended" is secondary because the breach was so clear in the rules -

"Do NOT make commentary about the poster - ONLY the post. If you tease, mock or bait another poster" ... breaches equals warning.

NOTHING (caps for emphasis and not shouting) in the rules stating that they have to be offended. However a sign of being baited is the tone of the response and the tone of BigMart's response was anger. Even without that ... the post was a clear breach.

NOTHING (caps for emphasis and not shouting) in the rules that the mods can ONLY assess posts for breaches IF they are reported.

Thanks for all of your concern about the job of moderation - I shall try to improve. I won't always get it right, but I shall always be trying to act on clear breaches of the rules.
How are you going to improve if you're never wrong in the first place?

The biggest issue is that you refuse to listen, we don't want you telling us where the line is regarding banter and fun… leave that to the community.

Your mandate to change the way this place runs is self-directed and people are saying they don't want it… there's already a homogenized footy forum with a better platform, better footy analysis > bigfooty. What this place has over bigfooty is personality and it feels like you are trying to remove it. Looks like DOS, feels like Moorabbin. Remove Moorabbin and all you have is DOS.

As you are already judge/jury/executioner here we don't also need you strutting around the beat like John Wayne, handing out fines to people jay-walking. No offence, but your ability to make sound judgments around trolls and trolling has serious question marks over it, evidenced over a number of incidents.

And no, I won't go on another golden egg hunt for you… it's waste of time as you ARE NEVER WRONG. Bluthy recognised BM's trolling and took the bait, simple as that.

Should mods leave the reporting of minor breaches to other posters before getting involved?
Community or dictatorship?
Is a poll reasonable?