Changes v Blues Rd 12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Re: Changes v Blues Rd 12

saintbob wrote:I seen some vision of Roo on the news limping in for scans, it didn't look good but hopefully it's nothing too serious.

I saw some vision .....not seen ....ffs

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I will never u/s the hate for Lee on this site...

He's had a year and half of being almost consistently amongst the better players at Sandy. He's been given 2 games as a result. Most feel that he was ok and that his dropping was harsh...

At least half the forum never want him to play again.

Gilbert on the other hand has had about 25 possessions in 4 weeks playing as a mid and the majority love him to pieces

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone going to the match this weekend?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

skeptic wrote:I will never u/s the hate for Lee on this site...

He's had a year and half of being almost consistently amongst the better players at Sandy. He's been given 2 games as a result. Most feel that he was ok and that his dropping was harsh...

Gilbert on the other hand has had about 25 possessions in 4 weeks playing as a mid and the majority love him to pieces
I do not hate Lee. His is a story of persistence; had 2 shoulder reco's, then last year had major ankle surgery. I know myself how hard it is to do all the rehab to get back to your earlier strength; it's massive work.
I think the coaches gave him 2 games and specific instructions, and he must have failed the test. Goddard and Shinners going down have given him a reprieve, but I have a feeling the club doesn't want him and they will look to trade for a KPD in Nov, through aggressive trading.
He's 25 and turns 26 in Jan 2017, and the ship, sadly, has sailed.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
skeptic wrote:I will never u/s the hate for Lee on this site...

I do not hate Lee. His is a story of persistence; had 2 shoulder reco's, then last year had major ankle surgery. I know myself how hard it is to do all the rehab to get back to your earlier strength; it's massive work.
I think the coaches gave him 2 games and specific instructions, and he must have failed the test. Goddard and Shinners going down have given him a reprieve, but I have a feeling the club doesn't want him and they will look to trade for a KPD in Nov, through aggressive trading.
He's 25 and turns 26 in Jan 2017, and the ship, sadly, has sailed.
Hickey turns 26 in Mar 2017
Carlisle turns 25 in Oct 2016
Steven turns 27 in Mar 2017
Savage turns 26 in Jan 2017
Roberton turns 26 in Jun 2017
Bruce is 24 today

I could go on but my point is that Lee is not too old as you are saying. Don't get me wrong, he may be no good, but he is not too old in the slightest.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I don't think Lee is too old. Look at say a Heath Grundy who didn't do much until he was 24 and is now considered a gun.
But Lee needs to make the most of the next month and play some solid footy.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

They need to play him first though... Give him a proper go

saintbob
SS Life Member

I reckon Richo will play Delaney and Coughlan this week before Lee, Richo clearly doesn't rate him and from what I've seen I don't blame him.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saintbob wrote:I reckon Richo will play Delaney and Coughlan this week before Lee, Richo clearly doesn't rate him and from what I've seen I don't blame him.
I don't remember Del or Coughy being named as emergencies this year.
Have they gotten close?
Lee has to go up, in Steven Bradbury style ( google the name if you don't see it)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Coughlan would need to be promoted from the Rookie list and I dont think we can do that until we put HG on the LTI list.
Would need to happen Thursday morning for this week's game.

supersaints
Club Player

Hopefully Lee gets his chance , I'm always an optimist but we could do with his kicking skills out of the backline if he is up to it.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintbob
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:Hopefully Lee gets his chance , I'm always an optimist but we could do with his kicking skills out of the backline if he is up to it.
The problem with Lee is we need a KPP, and he likes to play like a HBF and his work in one on one contests is pathetic to say the least.
I've watched him numerous times in the VFL over the last few years and I've seen him monstered by blokes like Tayte Pears and Liam Jones who are not AFL standard, and this is the reason why Richo doesn't rate him.

Look I agree he's a nice kick and takes a nice intercept mark, but I wouldn't rate him above Roberton who already plays that position.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Agree 100% with that. What I can't work out is why theg sent him back when he can't and doesn't defend and he's slow. He only comes in if Roberton is out.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I'm pretty convinced Lee will only come in to displace Dempster (not that I think he's capable of performing the exact same role), or Gilbert if he is moved to Dempster's position, not as full back. We'd see Delaney back for that role surely? I'm not sure we have the cattle to stop Casboult this week, but he's been quite effective at negating his influence all by himself.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Not sure whether it's been raised here but you'd think that there would be some chance that Holmes would come in and allow Hickey to rest up forward. Equally I wouldn't be surprised to see Bruce go back for two or three games until our KPD's return. If that happens I'd expect that we would set up smaller in the front half, if for no other reason than that we have no spare forwards.
One thing for sure concerning our backline is that any one over 22 in the 2's who doesn't get picked will be worried. Tonight will be big night for Delaney, Wright, Lee and Shenton.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Maybe coach Huddo in for Richo (rested)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Anyone going to the match this weekend?
Yep

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
So you know for a fact the Gilbert is playing unaccountable football? So you're privy to his role each week? Who did he play on this weekend, what was his role?
Just another pot shot at Gilbert, getting old real quick Con, you need to find another whipping boy.
Oh yes that old chestnut. Gilbert has a super secret role that we couldnt possibly understand and unless I have slept in Alan Richardson's bed I couldnt possibly know the super secret inside role he is playing.

Just like Robert Eddy.

Simple question. Why wasnt Eddy drafted by another club? Same question. Would Gilbert be drafted by another club?

This whole wink wink nudge nudge - that there is some secret 'insiders' role that we couldnt possibly understand is such utter horse s***. Gilbert is NOT playing as a key defender and IS playing as a + 1 in the backline. Same role as Heath Shaw. Heath is the same age as Gilbo and averaged 26 disposals a game. Heath Shaw is a gun player. Gilbert = 9.75 ave disposals in the last 4 games = utterly horrendous. This is a god damn FACT. There is no 'secret insider' role nonsense. This kind of talk is horse s*** and I dont buy it. As Jack Dyer used to say - Gilbert is 'where the ball aint'.

This isnt some insider super secret squirrel role. If you aren't involved in contests and arent anywhere near the ball - you are not playing well. Tell me the player at Hawthorn who never goes near the ball and gets picked every week? Josh Gibson? He plays the same role as Gilbert and averages 22 disposals and 6 marks. Isaac Smith 23.

Find me another player in the AFL who doesnt go near the ball, is picked every week because they are playing their secret 'role' that doesnt involve defending and doesnt involve ever going near a key fwd. Gilbert is absolutely never within 20m of the opposition key fwds. He never goes anywhere near a key fwd these days. Show me even one single spoil of a key fwd in the last 4 weeks. Just one.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I understand that Fisher has indicated he wishes to continue in 2017 - and his form and importance to the side would suggest that that may be the outcome.
Fisher is an all time great Saint. Would be in the team of the century and the greatest Saints 22 of all time. That is how highly I rate him.

But do you really want him to go around next year? Think carefully about it.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
So you know for a fact the Gilbert is playing unaccountable football? So you're privy to his role each week? Who did he play on this weekend, what was his role?
Just another pot shot at Gilbert, getting old real quick Con, you need to find another whipping boy.
Oh yes that old chestnut. Gilbert has a super secret role that we couldnt possibly understand and unless I have slept in Alan Richardson's bed I couldnt possibly know the super secret inside role he is playing.

Just like Robert Eddy.

Simple question. Why wasnt Eddy drafted by another club? Same question. Would Gilbert be drafted by another club?

This whole wink wink nudge nudge - that there is some secret 'insiders' role that we couldnt possibly understand is such utter horse s***. Gilbert is NOT playing as a key defender and IS playing as a + 1 in the backline. Same role as Heath Shaw. Heath is the same age as Gilbo and averaged 26 disposals a game. Heath Shaw is a gun player. Gilbert = 9.75 ave disposals in the last 4 games = utterly horrendous. This is a god damn FACT. There is no 'secret insider' role nonsense. This kind of talk is horse s*** and I dont buy it. As Jack Dyer used to say - Gilbert is 'where the ball aint'.

This isnt some insider super secret squirrel role. If you aren't involved in contests and arent anywhere near the ball - you are not playing well. Tell me the player at Hawthorn who never goes near the ball and gets picked every week? Josh Gibson? He plays the same role as Gilbert and averages 22 disposals and 6 marks. Isaac Smith 23.

Find me another player in the AFL who doesnt go near the ball, is picked every week because they are playing their secret 'role' that doesnt involve defending and doesnt involve ever going near a key fwd. Gilbert is absolutely never within 20m of the opposition key fwds. He never goes anywhere near a key fwd these days. Show me even one single spoil of a key fwd in the last 4 weeks. Just one.

HE'S SPINNING THE BALL ON HIS FINGER!!! JUST TAKE IT, TAKE THE BALL!

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Just like Robert Eddy.

Easy! Tom Lee.

silverhalo
Club Player

Sounds like we've diverted a bit from the topic - back to the selections, Lewie Pearce has been beating the door down for selection for a while now, his last month in particular has been excellent for Sandy and I really hope he gets to debut this weekend. I really rate him and think he will be a significant player for the Saints long term.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:
Easy! Tom Lee.
Is Lee in the AFL? 2 games for the season suggests he is in the VFL.
He also averages 16.5 disposals (which is more than Gilbo) and Lee spent time on Cameron on Gunston. Two of the best players in the comp.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hemi Baxter wrote:
Easy! Tom Lee.
Is Lee in the AFL? 2 games for the season suggests he is in the VFL.
He also averages 16.5 disposals (which is more than Gilbo) and Lee spent time on Cameron on Gunston. Two of the best players in the comp.

But did he complete a super secret mission known only to AR like Gilbo did in our 15 goal loss to Adelaide?

Now that's a masterstroke we can all be proud of

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
Beno88 wrote:Providing all of Dempster, Riewoldt and McCartin are unavailable...

Out : Goddard, Dempster, Riewoldt, McCartin, Murdoch, Dunstan, Billings

In : Lee, Delaney, Acres, Pierce, McKenzie, Lonie, Minchington
Is this the comedy channel?

7 changes lol!
Comedy Channel wasn't far off the mark....