Billings.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Billings.

spert wrote:Looks to me like a player who has the necessary skills to be a top player, but needs to build his tank and toughen up the body, same goes for Sinclair and Paddy. All things going well, these guys should do a hard preseason and come out as improved players in '17
Yep. Good stuff.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'd get Chips and Armo to take him under their wings and hit the bars and nightclubs over summer. Get him a few dates with some models. Let him meet Dusty and Swanny and get involved in a few gaths with those boys. Might even invite Duck and really teach the kid how to party and get some swagger about him. Anyway...that's what I'd do

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I'm predicting a monster game for Billings his weekend. MONSTER

Rambling Mind

Wasn't great but we need to keep getting games into him.

He will be a jet.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:I'm predicting a monster game for Billings his weekend. MONSTER
The G suits his good kicking as he can get distance when he's on song. I'm just don't think his leg is right though - he's not kicking through it. I'd be happy with a another 20 possession game from him and a solid contribution.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

It has taken some time for me to accept Bontempelli is a star player. I hope Billings turns this into a motivating factor.

Quick note on Billings; before drafted his overhead marking was a strong feature of his game. You get the occasional glimpse of his ability to do this at AFL level albeit without much success. So I think we he starts sticking some contested grabs it will springboard him into the player he will become.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:It has taken some time for me to accept Bontempelli is a star player. I hope Billings turns this into a motivating factor.

Quick note on Billings; before drafted his overhead marking was a strong feature of his game. You get the occasional glimpse of his ability to do this at AFL level albeit without much success. So I think we he starts sticking some contested grabs it will springboard him into the player he will become.
With his marking and effectiveness in close he definitely needs to build up his body - he is still really slight. He will really benefit from another preseason and more muscle and strength to start to unleash his potential.

God bless those people who cream themselves about the full on efforts of Geary and Dempster and WRight who give their all. But what floats my boat is the huge upside of the x-factor players like Billings, Paddy, Acres. This is where our quantum leap will come from. Every team has their great triers like Gears and Wright. But its the truly special, creative players that go other players can't that other clubs scratch their head and go "wish we had that guy".

I think that will be Billings when it comes together for him. He has so much weaponry and creativity and is probably only at 50% at the moment with his lack of body and probably carrying an injury. And yet he chalks up 20 possies without too much drama. He's an exciting cat for shizzle.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Wasn't quite the monster I was predicting but solid

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Gresh to JB. Very classy combo, today and in the future

Always loyal
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

he has the makings of a really good player...he will be ok.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Do you get the impression that we have bunch of players at the moment that are just a bit more suited to playing outside in conditions where pin point accuracy doesn't matter so much... obviously we've struggled interstate as of late but we seem to be playing Tassie and the G particularly well

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Our game style seems to suit the G. Which bodes well for future years!

Always loyal
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was in our best players today. 2 goals, took a screamer. Will be better still after another pre-season.