As if Jobe was ever going to quit!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: As if Jobe was ever going to quit!

The drug cheat is a first class wanker and a second class bloke.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
White Winmar wrote:The male equivalent of the beard is known as a handbag. Marries a lesbian to conceal her homosexuality in public. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Well that interpretation has changed a little over the years WW. In my days, we called 'handbag men', the fellows that looked stunning hanging off your arm, made all the other girls envious when you trotted up to a party or social event with these stunning hunks. However, you couldn't let anyone indulge them in conversation, they were usually quite dumb and illiterate, all brawn no brains, the types that squashed their brain when they sat down.!!!!!! Still they looked good in photos, when one looks back on old snaps.

In fact earlier this year, three old friends and I had a meeting in Hobart. We all used to work together at Russell Street Police HQ's in the 1960's. We meet up every 5 years, and always have a theme to our weekend away - this year it was to bring along photo's of 'handbag men' we had been out with in those days. If we didn't have the name of these fellows written on the back of the photo, we wouldn't have recalled them them at all as their personalities and intellect didn't impress - but their looks sure did.

WW - you being an ex-plod, you'll appreciate this story at the sort of fun & games these 3 friends and I used to get up to.

We had a work function to go to. It was at the home of Rupert Arnold who was the Chief Commisioner of Police at the time.

The four of us didn't have any steady boyfriends at that stage, we were getting desperate who to take to this do, as we hadn't been able to find any suitable boys at town hall dances.

A day or so before this party the American Fleet came into town. We went to an Australian/American function - picked up just the blokes we needed - Four of the biggest, blackest Negro's you could find - and took them to 'Sheep's Head's (Rupe Arnold) party. And wow were those guys a sensation, they danced with and wooed all the wives of all the brass that were at Rupe's party. Gee there were some hubbies who were really 'p1ssed' off with their wives. We had photos of this night and our negro ' handbag men' when we met in Hobart last April. Caused us much mirth & merriment remembering that night.
Really, I don't suppose I could classify these men as 'handbag men' they were really intelligent naval men, who had travelled and knew much more about the world and life than we did. Real gentlemen.
Why am I not surprised you were a bit of a rebel, Loris? That's a pearler of a story, especially given the context of time, when black men were feared in general, and segregated in many places. I can imagine the brass being furious, especially as these men represented their biggest primal fear. The sexual threat of the black man. As Dick Emery said, "You are wicked, but I do like you!" You really should record or write some of these down. They would be much more interesting and entertaining than the narcissistic, misery memoirs that are mass produced by twenty-something millennials these days.

On another note, modern examples of the handbag phenomenon are Time Mathieson, Julia Gillard's Squeeze (Julia is said to bat for both teams according to my Canberra contacts) and the most famous one was Rock Hudson's "wife", Phyllis Gates, who was his personal assistant and was rushed into a sham marriage with him because rumours of his homosexuality were circulating all over Hollywood at the time, and threatened to ruin his career.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Back on topic, I'm told by a source at the AFL that the dopers' PR campaign for Jabber Jobe to retain his medal is about to move into overdrive. The 'soft' campaign began last week, with Xavier Campbell publicly urging the AFL to allow jabber to keep it. He couldn't come up with any cogent or persuasive reason as to why they should. The bosses at the Death Star were not amused apparently, although their inaction around the whole farce is in line with their strategy of ignoring the issue in the hope it will simply go away. Unfortunately, once WADA, ASADA, the courts, et al present their final findings, nothing will keep the medal in Jabber's grasp. Perhaps he'll return to New York and seek comfort in the muscular arms of his "mate" Huge Axeman.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
White Winmar wrote:The male equivalent of the beard is known as a handbag. Marries a lesbian to conceal her homosexuality in public. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Well that interpretation has changed a little over the years WW. In my days, we called 'handbag men', the fellows that looked stunning hanging off your arm, made all the other girls envious when you trotted up to a party or social event with these stunning hunks. However, you couldn't let anyone indulge them in conversation, they were usually quite dumb and illiterate, all brawn no brains, the types that squashed their brain when they sat down.!!!!!! Still they looked good in photos, when one looks back on old snaps.

In fact earlier this year, three old friends and I had a meeting in Hobart. We all used to work together at Russell Street Police HQ's in the 1960's. We meet up every 5 years, and always have a theme to our weekend away - this year it was to bring along photo's of 'handbag men' we had been out with in those days. If we didn't have the name of these fellows written on the back of the photo, we wouldn't have recalled them them at all as their personalities and intellect didn't impress - but their looks sure did.

WW - you being an ex-plod, you'll appreciate this story at the sort of fun & games these 3 friends and I used to get up to.

We had a work function to go to. It was at the home of Rupert Arnold who was the Chief Commisioner of Police at the time.

The four of us didn't have any steady boyfriends at that stage, we were getting desperate who to take to this do, as we hadn't been able to find any suitable boys at town hall dances.

A day or so before this party the American Fleet came into town. We went to an Australian/American function - picked up just the blokes we needed - Four of the biggest, blackest Negro's you could find - and took them to 'Sheep's Head's (Rupe Arnold) party. And wow were those guys a sensation, they danced with and wooed all the wives of all the brass that were at Rupe's party. Gee there were some hubbies who were really 'p1ssed' off with their wives. We had photos of this night and our negro ' handbag men' when we met in Hobart last April. Caused us much mirth & merriment remembering that night.
Really, I don't suppose I could classify these men as 'handbag men' they were really intelligent naval men, who had travelled and knew much more about the world and life than we did. Real gentlemen.
Loris did you know Mavis (Head of typing pool) IBR Russell Street??

saint4life
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Watson certain to lose his medal. That's from an AFL insider. The dopers set to fight tooth and nail to prevent it, willing to drag this whole silly saga to the High Court, apparently. Standby for a final result sometime in 2024! Thanks jabber Jobe and Essenscum!