Moorabbin redevelopment delayed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Moorabbin redevelopment delayed

citywest wrote:Maybe we should start <<< MOD EDT >>> :evil: :twisted: :D :mrgreen:
The last thing we want to do is "martyr" her. Wouldn't she love that? Don't feed her perpetual outrage and ego. Wouldn't it be good if costs were awarded against vexatious litigants at VCAT? Unfortunately, we can only dream about that.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Playon
Club Player

More on the halfwit

http://moorabbin.vic.lions.org.au/

2nd from left

Playon
Club Player

Well if you had something to say about the issue

I'd be asking the Lions club both on email and facebook as to why one of their directors is opposing the building of a great sporting facility in the Moorabbin area. Which benefits the community as a whole including kids auskick and womens netball etc

I'd also be asking if thats what the Lions support and if theyre nothing more than a cult or citizens on a power trip or do they have the communities best interest at heart. I'd be asking WHY one of their directors are opposed to the facility and if its due to the pokies the why aren't they petitioning the local pubs to remove them, all of which are full of pokies. At what expense are you willing to lose the facility. The club is self funded are you willing to make up the lost revenue? Do you not see any benefits to the community at large?
Do they expect adults to make decisions on whether they gamble or not or are they trying to enforce their own beliefs on everyone else such as a cult may do.

If you go on the attack be tactical. No need to be nasty

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think there should be an objection on the objection

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Well if you had something to say about the issue

I'd be asking the Lions club both on email and facebook as to why one of their directors is opposing the building of a great sporting facility in the Moorabbin area. Which benefits the community as a whole including kids auskick and womens netball etc

I'd also be asking if thats what the Lions support and if theyre nothing more than a cult or citizens on a power trip or do they have the communities best interest at heart. I'd be asking WHY one of their directors are opposed to the facility and if its due to the pokies the why aren't they petitioning the local pubs to remove them, all of which are full of pokies. At what expense are you willing to lose the facility. The club is self funded are you willing to make up the lost revenue? Do you not see any benefits to the community at large?
Do they expect adults to make decisions on whether they gamble or not or are they trying to enforce their own beliefs on everyone else such as a cult may do.

If you go on the attack be tactical. No need to be nasty
Spot on, Playon. All of that is logical, valid and appropriate. The only problem is people like her don't play by the rules of rationality and fairness. She is on a crusade and zealots like her don't want to see reason or compromise, no matter what the cost to everyone else. As the old saying goes, "You can't reason a man out of something if he hasn't been reasoned into it in the first place." I think it was Richard Wilkins who said that. Or Voltaire. I'm not sure, but I digress.

I think we need to invoke the Vulcan rule. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. While we play by the Marquis of Queensberry Rules, people like her just metaphorically kick you in the nuts. I guess it's the price we pay for living in an egalitarian, democratic society. Apart from all that, we can only hope she suffers a mysterious and tragic accident*.

*The views expressed in the last sentence are not necessarily those of the author. Santsational does not condone violence in any way, actual or implied.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote: Santsational does not condone violence in any way, actual or implied.
Exactly. Hence the editing of some earlier posts.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Bit of lull around here awaiting the draft. No Pluggsy Wuggsy. No Marto. Westy gone a tad quiet. The hornet's nest needs a bit of a kick. This might do it... :wink:

The one-armed bandits (and even that small element of exercise has been removed) are more trouble than they’re worth to our great club.

Overlooking (if that’s possible) the moral issues, and yes pokies are legal, just as are the likes of prostitution, battery chicken farming, arms dealing, 'gentlemens' clubs, line dancing, jaywalking (oh wait), Panama tax havens, hipsters, and selling Skunk's memberships... but... I think you get my drift.

Anyway, putting that aside for a moment, lets looks at the cold hard...

We ‘take’ ~$2.2 mil p.a., but we only net about $1.25mil p.a. http://myexpress.com.au/sport/afl/saint ... -gamblers/ (Forgive the ‘comedy’ translation of said page).
Ok, sure there’s some pretty dodgy accounting involved http://myexpress.com.au/sport/afl/saint ... -gamblers/,
and other clubs are even dodger
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/afl-cl ... SocialFlow,
but for all the trouble, the pokies aren’t worth it.

Lets look at some of the cost side of the equation. Because of the pokies, we ‘had’ to move to outer Siberia (aka Seafolly). Amongst other ignominies, that meant we had to bend over and cop the financially disastrous Dockedlands deal, so as to help the league’s wealthy clubs get hold of said stadium for a pittance. :evil:

Remember (never bloody forget, more like :evil:),
26000 average Hillbilly crowds net them $825K a game.
26000 crowd at Docklands... costs us $73K... :shock: :evil: :evil: :shock:

Like the Hillbillies, we also could instead have been playing boutique home games at Linton Street these last ten-odd years. But no, we let the bulldozers in to demolish the very ground that, the building of which, caused our club to plummet from (finally) being a rightful league powerhouse, into nearly two decades on the bottom of the ladder, and even almost to extinction. :cry:

Archie #@%!ing Fraser was the worst thing to ever happen to our great club! Period!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So, through leaving Moorabbin, and therefore not being able to get out of the Docklands swindle, how many millions have the pokies actually cost us???
And how many players???
And hey, more money, better facilities, more attractive to potential recruits... what are the chances that could have worth another goal or so to us in the 2005 Prelim’, the 2009 GF and the 2010 GF...?

So, again, putting morality aside for a moment... in monetary off the field terms, and in success on the field terms, are the pokies an asset to St Kilda???

Hell no!!!

We can live without the pokies. Move back home to JO, and that’ll be worth way way more than the pokies... and all guilt free.

And here’s the added beautiful little bonus.

Hmmmm. If one looks at the annual profit and loss reports of our rivals , and then if one takes away their pokie income (posted earlier in this thread)...

:twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mental illness is a very serious and sad thing for people to deal with.

Maybe our friend (plus a poster on this thread whom I shall not name) is off the meds/needs to go on some meds.

I'm sure if this is the case (as I suspect), the objection can be swiftly dismissed.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I know for a fact that one of the VCAT senior commissioners is a Saints supporter and a rabid one at that.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

If she loses, SP, she'll get IBAC onto him. I hope he doesn't wear his saints scarf to the hearing. Or maybe he should........

citywest

After seeing her photo it make sense why she has lodged a VCAT claim. If I looked like her I would hate the world as well. She is one ugly b@#$%.

<warning issued for sexist commentary>

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

hey colin !

In red white and black from 73
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:After seeing her photo it make sense why she has lodged a VCAT claim. If I looked like her I would hate the world as well. She is one ugly b@#$%.
Don't talk about your ma like that.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
citywest wrote:After seeing her photo it make sense why she has lodged a VCAT claim. If I looked like her I would hate the world as well. She is one ugly b@#$%.
Has to be a retired Librarian or English teacher doesnt she? Miserable cow!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote:Careful what you say folks Ms Lelah could team up with Gillian Triggs to take you for a million in compensation for hurt feelings under 18C.
Elitist pinkos!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Impatient Sainter wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Has to be a retired Librarian or English teacher doesnt she? Miserable cow!
She's an aspirational politician. You'll find her slithering around and networking away at some political branch meeting (most likely ALP or Greens) somewhere there in the Moorabbbin area.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So have you banned this little oxygen thief yet?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
citywest

The above comment is not sexist. All I said was that she is ugly.

citywest

saintspremiers wrote:

Hey saintspremiers, mind your own business.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Hey saintspremiers, mind your own business.
It's everyone's business if you are posting publicly.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Just saw in the local paper, Collingwood have added 10 machines to their pub in Ringwood. Don't remember seeing that at the top of H/S website??

Maybe send this Mrs Do-gooder up Eastlink to share her opinion there, and leave us alone....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

maybe she could take her campaign to Brimbank where there are thousands more pokies-
and take on Collingwood- Bulldogs and Hawthorn and Carlton who have machines there.

60 minutes - 27 Nov

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It would be nice if we didn't rely on those vile things

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:It would be nice if we didn't rely on those vile things
I do see her point, Pav and they are an evil we'd be far better off without. As bad as any drug out there, complete with the tragic consequences of addiction of any kind. Surely, though, can't she see the enormous benefits the community would derive from the centre? Might even persuade people to get out and exercise and get involved in community activities, rather than zombie out in front of a money sucking machine. How one person can delay a project like this points to a system that is simply wrong.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Her mother thinks she is beautiful.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA