what's happened to Bazza

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: what's happened to Bazza

Was at that ressies game at Waverly, without giving too much away, that kid Sam McFarlane, was asked to stop baiting Bazza, was warned several times and continued to say some pretty awful s*** to Bazz, most of the time from a distance, certainly don't say what Bazz did was right, not at all, but that kid should have shut up or at very worst been smarter and stayed out if Bazzas area!!!!

And trust me, I was privy to all and the noise it made was unbelievable!!!!!

Same with Staker, just didn't know when to stop!!!!!

As for Matty, didn't call him Goose for nothing, thought he was pretty tough till then, learnt what throwing a proper punch is about!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saint64
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote:
The Recruit wrote:Stabbed saints in the back and went to Sydney for money
Spoke poorly of the club after he retired
Played in a winning GF team after punching our best back at the time in the stomach

Where is Barry hall...?
Who gives a f@!k
Yep. Even after we supported him after his despicable dog act of breaking Sam McFarlane from North's jaw at Waverley (nice kid who never played another game).

Dog act on Goose too. + Staker. Pattern here anyone?

Funnily enough - he speaks poorly of Sydney too ... it's only the Dogs he favors.

So, yeah - I'm with you TR - couldn't give a f$%k where that poor excuse for a human being is.
Agreed. I was surprised he got a job in the media, particularly after the Staker incident

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Linton Lodger wrote:
saint64 wrote:Jamie Shanahan was a really good player for us for a number of years leading up to that game. The criticisms of him here are a bit harsh IMO
Agreed, Jamie Shanahan wasn't to blame. For a start he wasn't a suitable match up for Jarman. Adelaide had the better of us in the ruck & midfield and smashed us there in the second half. That was due to Renn & Pittman doing as they pleased because we had Everitt & Vidovic out. If both of them, or even one of them had played, Adelaide would have got nowhere near us.

Then there was the passing of Winmar's father which had a massive impact on Winmar's (who had been in the best form of his career) performance.

Unfortunately, Stewie Loewe didn't disclose issues that probably significantly impacted his performance on that day prior to the game.

Just before the start of this season I saw Stan Alves at a fundraiser, where he spoke candidly. Shanahan came up and Stan reiterated that he never blamed Shanahan for Jarman running amok. He had a high regard for Shanahan and made it clear that it was Andrew Plympton who wanted Shanahan offered up as a scapegoat. Stan refused and made it clear that Shanahan was a valued and required player. Plympton then traded him without Stan knowing! Stan found out when he rang up Shanahan to meet for coffee (where Stan intended to express full confidence in Shanahan), only to be told by Shanahan that he'd been traded.

Disgraceful from Plympton, who never took responsibility, causing the germination of mistrust between Alves & the playing group.
thanks LintonLodger - you beat me to posting the actual facts of what transpired on the day (and post) The day still may haunt Shanahan but we have a very long list of players on the losing end of GFs that more than likely carry the same nightmares
Noticed no one wanted to argue the fact about Jarman being an absolute freak on the field and how he made many seasoned players look like little league first gamers time and again
When it comes to evaluating a persons worth I think I will stick to my own judgement thanks

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hate to contradict you LL but your story re Shanahan is absolute garbage, but hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Shanahan was NEVER traded. He walked after the saints refused to offer him a long term contract after the rubbish he dished up in the grand final

Melbourne came last that year and picked Shanahan up as their no 1 pick in the preseason draft.(no 1 overall)

Don't take my word for it. Ask Rus Holmesby who has already published the facts about what happened.

Of course Alves wouldn't have blamed Shanahan. He would have been an absolute prick if he did as he was the coach who left the slow footed one on Jarmen

No, I will never forget his woeful performance. Shanahan , that is, nor the coach's. Dreadful day.

And yes we are all aware of the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Cuz and Buckets on the day. That's not news, and it wasn't their fault either.

As I said at the start of this thread, I was there and it was one of the worst days of my life.

Were you there sunsaint?

Saint's great? As I said, but I will repeat myself. Rubbish. You of course sunsaint are entitled to your own opinion.

Not the first time posters have tried to rewrite history on this forum, but I think that's also been said before.

I have vivid memories of that preseason draft. Shanahan and Joel Smith went 1 & 2 and we got SFA for either of them.

Traded? Don't think so. Think you owe butthead an apology LL even if he is a sleazebag.