How did Billy Longer go?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: How did Billy Longer go?

stonecold wrote:Posters on this forum just need a whipping boy, Billy's turn at the minute!!!!!

Part and parcel for some, comes with supporting the Saints with some posters, par for course!!!!!

How about enjoying a group of 'Young Guys' and enjoy the fact we actually had a 'Win', no, let's stay negative instead!!!!!

Disappointing!!!!!
I apologize, I was taking the repeated comment "Hickledik is cooked" to be negative.
Obviously I was wrong!!!!!!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
barneyboyz
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
dragit wrote:We need three Carlisles.
Right here and now if you look at his form at the Dons when he was in the ruck he would probably be our best ruck option. Though do we want to lose him from being our key intercept Defender?

Marshall is not ready to be a full time ruckman. But maybe a Marshall/Carlisle combination where Carlisle plays 30% in the ruck.

Marshall has in the VFL played ok in defence and and up forward and so does not just have to warm the pine when not rucking.
Ideally Marshall/Longer or Hickey. Unfortunately Paddy is the block there at the moment, being that he's got Marshall's main posi

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:
stonecold wrote:Posters on this forum just need a whipping boy, Billy's turn at the minute!!!!!

Part and parcel for some, comes with supporting the Saints with some posters, par for course!!!!!

How about enjoying a group of 'Young Guys' and enjoy the fact we actually had a 'Win', no, let's stay negative instead!!!!!

Disappointing!!!!!
I apologize, I was taking the repeated comment "Hickledik is cooked" to be negative.
No need, at least you admit you looking for a whipping boy!!!!!

Bruce the Ruckman, that says it all!!!!!

Nice work Jaffa, hard to take you too serious!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
takeaway
Club Player

Billy did not look fully match fit to me and needed the run. They couldn't pick Hick because he is poor at the moment and is barely providing a contest in the ruck. Couple of marks around the ground is not as valuable as hit outs to advantage. I agree Billy lost the hit outs, but with the run will improve.
IMO Marshall is not ready & is more of a big forward target than ruck.

It only takes one match for the neggie meggies to come out. Perhaps a thread should be started on Sinclair - he looked out of sorts. Should we start to panic, look to trade him?

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:Billy did not look fully match fit to me and needed the run. They couldn't pick Hick because he is poor at the moment and is barely providing a contest in the ruck. Couple of marks around the ground is not as valuable as hit outs to advantage. I agree Billy lost the hit outs, but with the run will improve.

It only takes one match for the neggie meggies to come out. Perhaps a thread should be started on Sinclair - he looked out of sorts. Should we start to panic, look to trade him?
Post of the season thus far, well said!!!!!

You are a Loyal Saint, congrats!!!!!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

stonecold wrote:
takeaway wrote:Billy did not look fully match fit to me and needed the run. They couldn't pick Hick because he is poor at the moment and is barely providing a contest in the ruck. Couple of marks around the ground is not as valuable as hit outs to advantage. I agree Billy lost the hit outs, but with the run will improve.

so you are a disloyal saint if you prefer one saint player over another
I get it now :idea:

Seeya
stonecold
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:

so you are a disloyal saint if you prefer one saint player over another
I get it now :idea:
Your words not mine!!!!!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

Disappointing!!!!!
No need, at least you admit you looking for a whipping boy!!!!!

Bruce the Ruckman, that says it all!!!!!

Nice work Jaffa, hard to take you too serious!!!!!
Yep, agree with you LF, Bruce aint no ruckman and never will be as long as his butt points south!
He is not competitive at centre bounces and clearances.

He can however mark, kick, run, defend his opponent if his opponent runs forward or run forward himself and become a target and kick a goal.
Unfortunately Billy Farmer-Cox can't do any of the above and was slaughtered by the mobile Stef Martin.

Since we got absolutely smashed at the clearances against the likely wooden spooner on Saturday, would you think we'd be worse off dropping Billy Farmer-Cox and adding another runner and playing Bruce in the ruck? Would Bruce have performed better than Bill against Martin? Couldn't have gone any worse.

Let's not be progressive and look for change, let's stick with plods like Billy, Brown and Webster and finish 13th or 14th.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s hardly disloyal wanting to play match fit players unfit ones...

Believe it or not there’s hardly an anti Longer sentiment on this forum... most ppl myself included have him as the number 1 preferred ruck atm.

However he shouldn’t be gifted games either

takeaway
Club Player

He certainly shouldn't be gifted games and hasn't to date as far as I recall. He is the best option for ruck by some distance at the moment imo.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

I would play longer to give him another chance but I prefer hickey.neither are good but I think hickey is a worse ruckman by a fair bit but a better player in general play by a long way