McCartin V McCartin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

Re: McCartin V McCartin

Scollop wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 3:43pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 1:26pm
Toy Saint wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:21pm .....and while we're on the subject, Petracca is proving to be a very ordinary footballer. If we had selected him at #1 we'd be very disappointed. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped by Melbourne.
Yes indeed, like many of the Melbourne team, flat track bully!!!!!

Overrated on here, still happy to back Paddy, don't care what Con says!!!!!

Con seems to hate St.Kilda FC as a whole?????
Don't make up stuff

He doesn't hate the Saints. He is expressing emotion (mainly aimed at the incompetence of the heirarchy) and just lets his passion for the club get the better of him at times...especially straight after a loss

We hate being mediocre and we hate decisions that are not in the best long term interests of the St Kilda FC.

The statements made by the CEO and by the president thinking we have a list that has the potential for finals or even a top 4 spot have made us the laughing stock of the AFL.

We want our club to be successful and we want opposition fans to hate us, not to be laughing at us. We want them to fear coming up against us, not to be relishing playing against us
I would suggest that many on this forum are very passionate about the club - but I don't see them continually taking pot shots at the club, players, etc. As I have stated a number of times when Con talks footy he has a lot to offer - trouble is he continually reverts to the other tripe.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's not tripe when you foresee that the club is a problem child of the AFL. If you ignore our problems and try and sweep them under the carpet, they're not going to go away. Does Nick Dal Samto hate the Saints? Does Nick Riewoldt hate the Saints? They are making noise and I can assure you their voice counts, where as Con's doesn't. Thing is though that the AFL can't ignore the poor ratings and poor crowds. It's like 1000's of Cons are voting with their wallets to switch off or not turn up

It's not tripe when you play marquee games on a Friday or Saturday or a Good Friday and your major sponsors are wishing theor logos were on the opposition jumpers rather than next to the Sk Kilda crest

Con is positive when it is warranted. Have a look at his posts throughout the off season and you'll see a smattering of posts with a glimmer of hope ( that's been the mo for a Saints fan throughout our lives. We live in hope!!)

Have a read through some of his posts during a match day thread like the GWS draw this year and you'll feel the positivity

saintkid
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 4:05pm It's not tripe when you foresee that the club is a problem child of the AFL. If you ignore our problems and try and sweep them under the carpet, they're not going to go away. Does Nick Dal Samto hate the Saints? Does Nick Riewoldt hate the Saints? They are making noise and I can assure you their voice counts, where as Con's doesn't. Thing is though that the AFL can't ignore the poor ratings and poor crowds. It's like 1000's of Cons are voting with their wallets to switch off or not turn up

It's not tripe when you play marquee games on a Friday or Saturday or a Good Friday and your major sponsors are wishing theor logos were on the opposition jumpers rather than next to the Sk Kilda crest

Con is positive when it is warranted. Have a look at his posts throughout the off season and you'll see a smattering of posts with a glimmer of hope ( that's been the mo for a Saints fan throughout our lives. We live in hope!!)

Have a read through some of his posts during a match day thread like the GWS draw this year and you'll feel the positivity
Good post. I have also found Con positive when warranted. If anything he is a realist and calls 'a spade a spade'. In any business or successful enterprise, it is all about performance/output/efficiency. Sadly, the club is a long way off from these indicators and both the off-field and on-field components of the club demand all this scrutiny from the sporting community and its supporters.