Jared Polec

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Jared Polec

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 17 Jul 2018 3:50pm
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 10 Jul 2018 7:46pm https://www.zerohanger.com/reports-pole ... pen-21739/

Story is gaining momentum.
This story is gaining momentum the same way it does for every other potential recruit (FA or not) we chase from a rival club and the outcome is still always the same - we don't get them.

From what I hear, Polec is after a longer term deal and after re-signing Wines, Port are struggling to find a way to offer him one. But, he did leave the Lions to go back to his home state, so this just reads to me as Polec turning up the burners on Port. Even if they can't offer him a 4 or 5 year deal, I can't see him leaving.
Players after more $ and using the system? Surely not! Don't blame them. I thought it was all about loyalty and one club.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 17 Jul 2018 6:54pm
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 10 Jul 2018 7:46pm https://www.zerohanger.com/reports-pole ... pen-21739/

This story is gaining momentum the same way it does for every other potential recruit (FA or not) we chase from a rival club and the outcome is still always the same - we don't get them.

From what I hear, Polec is after a longer term deal and after re-signing Wines, Port are struggling to find a way to offer him one. But, he did leave the Lions to go back to his home state, so this just reads to me as Polec turning up the burners on Port. Even if they can't offer him a 4 or 5 year deal, I can't see him leaving.
Players after more $ and using the system? Surely not! Don't blame them. I thought it was all about loyalty and one club.
Your point being exactly?

You’re saying the story is gaining momentum, I’m saying that it’s smells of the same smoke that gets fanned every time we’re allegedly linked to an out-of-contract player?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 17 Jul 2018 8:46pm
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 17 Jul 2018 6:54pm

Your point being exactly?

You’re saying the story is gaining momentum, I’m saying that it’s smells of the same smoke that gets fanned every time we’re allegedly linked to an out-of-contract player?
Point is Polec is probably using the system like heaps of players and their managers do to get more $. The story is gaining momentum as he hasn't resigned. Saints aren't the only club circling and having a look.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

https://www.zerohanger.com/reports-vict ... tar-21986/

North Melb's offers are really getting ridiculous and embarrassing. Thank god we aren't going down their excessive path in trying to lure in players.

700k a year for Polec? What a load of horseshit! 🙄
These crazy offers are actually counter productive to Nth I believe. It reeks of desperation on a massive scale. In some ways, its making players not want to leave and stay at their club.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 2:08pm https://www.zerohanger.com/reports-vict ... tar-21986/

North Melb's offers are really getting ridiculous and embarrassing. Thank god we aren't going down their excessive path in trying to lure in players.

These crazy offers are actually counter productive to Nth I believe. It reeks of desperation on a massive scale. In some ways, its making players not want to leave and stay at their club.

Disagree with this. Its not making players want to stay - all it shows is how difficult it is to move happy players from their current club. Not even silly money does it.

And we have been going through the same path - just not reported as much and as openly.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 4:03pm
parkeysainter wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 2:08pm https://www.zerohanger.com/reports-vict ... tar-21986/

Disagree with this. Its not making players want to stay - all it shows is how difficult it is to move happy players from their current club. Not even silly money does it.

And we have been going through the same path - just not reported as much and as openly.
Maybe, but I reckon players will disregard Nth more now. They won't want to be known as the first player that took the over the top $!

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Hinkley's reality check on winger's contract - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-20/hin ... s-contract