Jack Billings Needs to Be Traded

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: Jack Billings Needs to Be Traded

Sainternist wrote: Tue 10 Jul 2018 1:38am
takeaway wrote: Mon 09 Jul 2018 11:22pm
Sainternist wrote: Mon 09 Jul 2018 10:41pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 09 Jul 2018 8:18pm at least wait till he has a good game
When was that? Versus WCE last year?
Your'e a great supporter. Haven't seen a game since WCE last year?
I've watched every game since. Sounds like you're in denial. Billings has been way, way under par. He was even dropped to the VFL about a month ago. Wake up and smell the coffee!!!
I would agree Billings has not been up to the level he set last year. Same with the team and a lot of other players. Billings is the type that will play better as the side improves - his skills can be utilised to more effect. Having said that, he had a good first game, then a few average ones, was dropped after a poor game, and has been in the best each week since his return - check the AFL site. He is one of our best players, and will only improve further as we get more system.

Are you sure you have seen every game since WCE last year? Was in the best for all the games after the WCE game as well. Should've gone to Specsavers.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Billings has looked disappointed to have landed at the saints since day one. I keep hoping that's just the expression he always wears! Sounds like his father might be a bit of a p***k so maybe he keeps his feelings to himself - aware of having the old man looking over his shoulder all the time.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 08 Jul 2018 6:32pm No way should St Kilda trade Jack billings - over my dead body!!

I've expressed my views on the post about Paddy McCartin - clean out the assistant coaches who have been proven failures, namely Sexton and McPhee, replace them with successful assistant coaches who have actually played at the elite AFL level (unlike both Sexton and McPhee) and the problem of player development will be solved. Both Billings and McCartin have suffered at the hands of mediocre coaches....
100% yes to this. Forever, we have been hopeless at development. We draft talent and then let it rot on the vine. Well done us.

Get some people in the place that have been successful at winning the goddamn thing (development, coaching, admin, board) and things will change. Until then ...

Go you red, black & white warriors
derby Street
Club Player

freely wrote: Tue 10 Jul 2018 11:29am Billings has looked disappointed to have landed at the saints since day one. I keep hoping that's just the expression he always wears! Sounds like his father might be a bit of a p***k so maybe he keeps his feelings to himself - aware of having the old man looking over his shoulder all the time.
Not sure that is true. From what I have seen the family is fine.

minneapolis
Club Player

lintonstreet wrote: Sun 08 Jul 2018 9:23pm I gave myself a permanent ban from this site 12 months ago as the negativity was not healthy for my saints soul.
While i check in occassionally, I thought I'd jump in to make a few comments.
here's my first one - Sainternist you are a first class nit.
JB is 22 for goodness sake and you don't think he's good enough - please give yourself a social media ban until next season.
And an upper cut.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Tue 10 Jul 2018 1:20pm
lintonstreet wrote: Sun 08 Jul 2018 9:23pm I gave myself a permanent ban from this site 12 months ago as the negativity was not healthy for my saints soul.
While i check in occassionally, I thought I'd jump in to make a few comments.
here's my first one - Sainternist you are a first class nit.
JB is 22 for goodness sake and you don't think he's good enough - please give yourself a social media ban until next season.
And an upper cut.
You both need to give yourselves uppercuts, you precious pair of dropkicks. As supporters, you're both soundly asleep at the wheel.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!