Consider Trading Billings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Consider Trading Billings

It always was a nonsense thread.

Now it is bordering on the ridiculous.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Consider Trading Billings

chico2001 wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 6:32pm Who is going to want a package of St Kilda players for a trade? Billings is tradeable but no point because you would get a similar type in return. When was the last time st Kilda attracted a big name player who actually performed at a high level for a number of years. F.Gehrig was one but he was out of form at the WCE and they let him go but they got D.Kerr as trade, so who won that one? S.MIlne was another. The downside of this club is that because they cant win on the field and they have a poor reputation as a club, no star footballer worth his salt is going to come to this club, I include gaff, McGovern and all the others who will just look the other way. We got Carlisle who is starting to show the petulant non chasing attitude that he showed at the bombers, Jack Steele a player who could not get a game with a strong GWS and is now a tagger. D.Roberton who was no star at Freo and really blossomed at the saints, Membrey from the Swans, a good player but no star when he made the move and thats about it.

The saints have to work on getting the bargains who turn into good players as per above, once they have won 9/10/11 games then they can strike out for a WA based victorian or a GWS reject. Surely their are 2nd tier players at Richmond et al who have players who want a good deal. I hope that last years draft picks come good, really good because they will need them and more. A fair crop of the saints current foot soldiers wont get us up the ladder.
I agree
Raid the performing clubs
Be aggressive eff them
We have coin....surely the Tigers depth can be raided.....magpies ? Who do swans WANT to keep but just can’t crack a consistent game...?
I’d have a list of these players watched by us over past few seasons.....I’d almost back a position at the club that’s primary role is daylight robbery......get me bargain basement deals yet to flourish and IF they play 100 or plus games then get a bonus.....get it wrong to much you get the door..
We need to be absolute pr!cks if we want to play in the big time again....

“Yeah….nah””