Lethlean comments re: Trade Period

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lethlean comments re: Trade Period

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 10:33am
dragit wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 10:32am I didn't want to say anything but… I made the forbes' top 15 billionaires list this year.

Sorry about it.
just made it this year huh?

newb :wink:
I know you are, I said you are, so what am I?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 10:06am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 9:50am More like back to mid 6 figures...not school.

So the trade period begins. 🤳

LOL, writes his/her income on a fan forum :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's even funnier is he/ she thinks mid six figures is worth bragging rights.

Almost as bad as perkeysainter who had "Brighton Mansion" as his / her location on its profiles.

Bragging on an internet forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Almost as pathetic as pretending to be an ITK on an internet forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mid 6 figures?

Is that all?!

Not really worth getting out of bed for.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Flagless
Club Player

mightysainters wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 10:00pm Unfortunately not.. he’s not very good and can’t spread, this is very exposed now. Yes when did we package up 3 or 4 players? Never.. this doesn’t work especially from one of the worst teams in the Comp
Hannebery cant run and spread either but we seem hell bent on recruiting him

saintbob
SS Life Member

13 minutes ago on AFL.com.au

Some more from Simon Lethlean

The Saints footy boss on:

Dan Hannebery

"Dan Hannebery and Dean Kent have nominated St Kilda as their preference so there's some work to do on both those.

"We don't know [if we'll need extra picks to get Hannebery done]. We're talking to the Swans now, we've got picks, we've got future picks and we've got players so all those assets can be used.

"We've had preliminary discussions with the Swans and that will take a few days I'm sure to flesh itself out."

Dylan Shiel

"We're waiting to hear from Dylan in the next 24 hours so once we hear that, we'll assess and do some work with the Giants then,"

"All assets are on the table to get a deal done and we're keen on Dylan and if he's keen on us, we'll make it work.

"We haven't been told no so until we are, we'll put our best foot forward.

"I think he's deliberating now so until it's a no, it's a yes in our mind and we'll keep ploughing ahead as planned."

Jack Steven

"You guys keep raising his name … he'll be playing round one at the Saints, he'll be with us."

Tom Hickey

"We haven't directly [talked to West Coast]. We'll meet with most clubs today and in the next few days and if they're keen on Tom, we've told him we're available for him to go and source options for himself,"

"If that's one of the ones he's after, we'll talk to West Coast at some stage."

Jacob Townsend

"Not for the Saints, no."

Jack Lonie

"Jack's overseas and we've put a deal to him, he's contemplating that,"

"I'm told he has other offers but we haven't heard what they are nor how those clubs will get them done.

"We're talking to Jack and he'll get back to us in the next few days."

Luke Dunstan

"At this stage [he'll be at the Saints]. We haven't had any conversations about Luke so unless his management suggests otherwise, he's playing for the Saints."

Chad Wingard

"There's lot of players we've been linked to. Chad is still deliberating what he wants to do,"

"If he tells the AFL industry he's keen to move, we'll talk to his management but our focus is really Hannebery, Kent and Shiel, if he's keen on us."

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Just heard Lethers on Trade Radio on my Bang and Olufsen surround sound system while sitting on my rare vintage hand dyed whiskey heritage brown leather Chesterfield Club Sofa in my Collins St office on level 50 overlooking Port Phillip Bay on this beautiful Melbourne spring day sipping on an Americano brought to me by one of my lovely 3 executive assistants (she is a mousy blonde - you get the picture) before I head out for a 4 hour business lunch at Vue de monde..err..what was i saying again....
Last edited by SaintPav on Mon 08 Oct 2018 12:08pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stonecold
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 11:51am 13 minutes ago on AFL.com.au

Some more from Simon Lethlean

The Saints footy boss on:

Dan Hannebery

"Dan Hannebery and Dean Kent have nominated St Kilda as their preference so there's some work to do on both those.

"We don't know [if we'll need extra picks to get Hannebery done]. We're talking to the Swans now, we've got picks, we've got future picks and we've got players so all those assets can be used.

"We've had preliminary discussions with the Swans and that will take a few days I'm sure to flesh itself out."

Dylan Shiel

"We're waiting to hear from Dylan in the next 24 hours so once we hear that, we'll assess and do some work with the Giants then,"

"All assets are on the table to get a deal done and we're keen on Dylan and if he's keen on us, we'll make it work.

"We haven't been told no so until we are, we'll put our best foot forward.

"I think he's deliberating now so until it's a no, it's a yes in our mind and we'll keep ploughing ahead as planned."

Jack Steven

"You guys keep raising his name … he'll be playing round one at the Saints, he'll be with us."

Tom Hickey

"We haven't directly [talked to West Coast]. We'll meet with most clubs today and in the next few days and if they're keen on Tom, we've told him we're available for him to go and source options for himself,"

"If that's one of the ones he's after, we'll talk to West Coast at some stage."

Jacob Townsend

"Not for the Saints, no."

Jack Lonie

"Jack's overseas and we've put a deal to him, he's contemplating that,"

"I'm told he has other offers but we haven't heard what they are nor how those clubs will get them done.

"We're talking to Jack and he'll get back to us in the next few days."

Luke Dunstan

"At this stage [he'll be at the Saints]. We haven't had any conversations about Luke so unless his management suggests otherwise, he's playing for the Saints."

Chad Wingard

"There's lot of players we've been linked to. Chad is still deliberating what he wants to do,"

"If he tells the AFL industry he's keen to move, we'll talk to his management but our focus is really Hannebery, Kent and Shiel, if he's keen on us."
Well Leathean doesn't agree with Jax on Shiel, interesting!!!!!

So, let's see who's telling the truth?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
minneapolis
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 8:29pm Be prepared for a couple of surprises the next fortnight.
I will be surprised if you say you don't know anything when no surprises happen.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Just wait for the big Mac Daddy of them all.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 1:19pm Just wait for the big Mac Daddy of them all.
Is Danger coming over m8?

CarlD
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 1:19pm Just wait for the big Mac Daddy of them all.
Ben McEvoy is coming back :shock:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 12:04pm Just heard Lethers on Trade Radio on my Bang and Olufsen surround sound system while sitting on my rare vintage hand dyed whiskey heritage brown leather Chesterfield Club Sofa in my Collins St office on level 50 overlooking Port Phillip Bay on this beautiful Melbourne spring day sipping on an Americano brought to me by one of my lovely 3 executive assistants (she is a mousy blonde - you get the picture) before I head out for a 4 hour business lunch at Vue de monde..err..what was i saying again....
Come to lunch tomorrow at the Melbourne Club. We can talk about a few trade week surprises I have up my sleeve that I can’t let on about just yet. But stay tuned....there’s something special coming that of all the posters on here, only I know about.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

A good chance we’ve been told no & Lethlean has upped the offer. I don’t think he likes losing.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 2:01pm A good chance we’ve been told no & Lethlean has hooded the offer. I don’t think he likes losing.
No means no bro.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

as in

stop
stop
don't stop

?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Looks like he's not ruling out giving up pick 4. This guy really worries me....could easily sell this club down the river.

Whiskey
Club Player

Giving up pick 4 is a joke

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BTW...Suns officially announced they've been offered #3 as Lynch compo, so #4 it is (not that it was a surprise)!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 2:26pm Looks like he's not ruling out giving up pick 4. This guy really worries me....could easily sell this club down the river.
Gallagher, or Lethlean?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Both. I have an uneasy feeling about our club at the moment, more than I ever have.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Be glad we have Lethlean and Gallagher running things. They are making some really good moves and more to come.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... ba9648More from the Cats
Alistair Paton

Stephen Wells has also provided updates on several other players:

Gary Rohan

"We had a good discussion with Sydney today. Yes, I am confident we'll get Gary Rohan in. It might take a bit more work yet, but Sydney and Geelong always get on well in these sort of discussions."

Jack Steven

"We didn't meet St Kilda today. Jack's a terrific player but we're fully expecting he'll be playing at St Kilda in 2019. They've made it very clear to everybody over a number of weeks now that he's not on the trade table, so I think that story's over."

Daniel Menzel

"We didn't talk to any of the clubs today about Daniel Menzel. Daniel's an unrestricted free agent so until the free agency period's over the ball is in Daniel's court, so to speak, where he's got his options with any clubs that he chooses to go to."

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saynta wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 4:24pm

Jack Steven

"We didn't meet St Kilda today. Jack's a terrific player but we're fully expecting he'll be playing at St Kilda in 2019. They've made it very clear to everybody over a number of weeks now that he's not on the trade table, so I think that story's over."
its the smell that just doenst go away

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 3:48pm Be glad we have Lethlean and Gallagher running things. They are making some really good moves and more to come.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to elaborate for us "not in the know" forumites of specific examples of some of the good moves and what future good moves they are planning.

For example: We have spoken with X club about X player trade etc.
You don't even need to name the player, just the club and how a deal may be structured.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

With so little leverage in the way of draft picks and tradeable players, they'll need to be geniuses to pull off anything special without selling the farm to do it

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 10:32am I didn't want to say anything but… I made the forbes' top 15 billionaires list this year.

Sorry about it.
Lend me a few Gs