Connor Rozee at #4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Connor Rozee at #4

silverhalo wrote: Sun 18 Nov 2018 1:18pm Yes I have seen him play as I've got kids that went to the same school - you couldn't help but hear the buzz around the place about the King boys the last few years and all the hype is warranted - OK, no more posts on Max King, I've said what I needed to say.
Of course there is going to be buzz - they are 6 ft 8 playing against kids half their height - won't be so easy at senior level - also do they have the frames to put on muscle? Look super skinny to me - lots to like but lots of question marks - and then there is the knee issue

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Sun 18 Nov 2018 5:35pm
silverhalo wrote: Sun 18 Nov 2018 1:18pm Yes I have seen him play as I've got kids that went to the same school - you couldn't help but hear the buzz around the place about the King boys the last few years and all the hype is warranted - OK, no more posts on Max King, I've said what I needed to say.
Of course there is going to be buzz - they are 6 ft 8 playing against kids half their height - won't be so easy at senior level - also do they have the frames to put on muscle? Look super skinny to me - lots to like but lots of question marks - and then there is the knee issue
Agree with the height over the smaller players but not the knee issue. That came from a knock so that could happen to anyone

As for his size this guy doesn't look to big either

https://goo.gl/images/g2j53h

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Sun 18 Nov 2018 5:50pm
Agree with the height over the smaller players but not the knee issue. That came from a knock so that could happen to anyone

Jono has tree trunk legs compared to Max's twigs and doesn't matter how King did his acl the fact that he has is a worry

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Sun 18 Nov 2018 6:28pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Sun 18 Nov 2018 5:50pm

Jono has tree trunk legs compared to Max's twigs and doesn't matter how King did his acl the fact that he has is a worry
I think we can agree to disagree in relation to how big Jono was looking when he first started but you get the Point. Key forwards take time to thicken out. he may be a naturally thin and he plays as many games as Fletcher then Id be happy as they have the same physique
As for the acl injury surgery is great now a days as we rehab it is most likely to be as good as new. Its more worrying when it is due to a degenerative condition or some hereditary issue.
Out of the top 4 he is the riskiest not going to argue with you there but he also has amazing upside. But it will take time for him to get thicker. I assume that he has been also working on getting his body right this year as well as I assume he could still gym, just not leg work.

I prefer any of the other top 4 by the way but King IMO has more upside than Smith and Rozee. I don't look forward to be proven wrong but it might happen

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Its a No from me for Rozee at #4.
I think SA boys tend to be slightly over rated, In recent years I thought Aish was going to be a premier midfielder after playing in 2 consecutive senior SANFL GF's, and close to best afield in his last one. Yet whilst he has been slowed down by injury, he just doesn't look like being a match winner. Go back a few years before that and it was a more extreme case for Jimmy Toumpas.

Whilst I think Rankine and Lukosious are both potential matchwinners , I cant see Rozee being the same.
Max King as a guy who pulls down lots of marks could be a matchwinner.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.