God it's depressing reading this forum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: God it's depressing reading this forum

sunsaint wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:48pm
saynta wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:44pm Ignore the negative dropkicks tony74.

Especially the ones who continue to insult Richo.
which dropkicks posted that rattan was a bad idea?
pretty certain the consensus was - great when will he replace Richo
You're telling the story.

I didn't mention RattEn.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saynta wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:56pm
sunsaint wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:48pm
saynta wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:44pm Ignore the negative dropkicks tony74.

Especially the ones who continue to insult Richo.
which dropkicks posted that rattan was a bad idea?
pretty certain the consensus was - great when will he replace Richo
You're telling the story.

I didn't mention RattEn.
if i have to hold your hand through each thread its going to take forever
Tony did

Seeya
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:13pm
skeptic wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 6:48pm Can we get over this blue sky vs grey sky BS.

It’s over... the frustration that some ppl felt over the miserable season coupled with a perceived (by some) lacklustre trade is gone. Most people are happy with King and want to see the new players.

Some people are more optimistic about 2019 than others.

Can ppl stop banging on like it’s a civil war
yeah ok fine skeptic - do get sick of being called a non supporter or opinion is worthless because Im not an AFL coach
GIVEN I have been an auto rollover member for too long now...
To be honest Sunsaint... I don’t blame you for that one. Most of us are here because we love the club to the point of obsessively posting here and it is irksome to have a handful of posters frequently questioning your right to an opinion because they’re ‘in the know’ or ‘have experience’... especially when they themselves don’t really seem capable of articulating their insights well.

What I’m finding increasingly bothersome is the idea that if you’re critical you’re bad and if you’re positive you’re good. The same few people keep banging on about it...
Just let people talk about the Saints FFS

Me personally... it’s safe to say that I’ve highly critical of the club, it’s message and actions over the last 3 months. And quality of observations aside, there’s nothing wrong with that or talking about it here.

The club has taken a number of big and at times controversial steps to address the many concerns out there... some of them are excellent... some of them I’m not so sure about. Regardless of how you feel, if you express it appropriately then that’s fine as opposed to this ‘Positive or Negative’ is better junk.

chico2001
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 5:48pm
chico2001 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 5:36pm
tony74 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 5:04pm
saynta wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 4:45pm
tony74 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 4:27pm A few of you will be eating humble pie next year. Ratts is going to make a huge difference.
Great to hear that tony74.

You would need to be practically brain dead not to appreciate that.

But, then again, having regard to the form of certain posters...... :wink:
Book mark it Saynta. Already you can sense a feeling of optimism around the place. Looking back now,at this time last year everyone was just trying a little too hard to counter the loss of Roo and Joey. Sounds strange but in hindsight pretty obvious.
Ok, put your c**k on the block and tell us where the saints will finish on the ladder in 2019 & how many wins and we will bookmark that. I said 8 games, most others have said that. Dont worry about humble pie and blue sky and bringing up Roo and montagna as a causal factor for a dismal 2018, thats a cop out.
Just outside the 8. Win/loss just on the negative side.
P.S. Merry Christmas
That's a bit negative :wink: Tell your cook that there is no point in baking that pie then......

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Richo has failed and I doubt I will be eating humble pie.

PS If it depresses you, don't read it. The club depresses me but I soldier on.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 8:32pm Richo has failed and I doubt I will be eating humble pie.

You sayin no to pie????

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Appoint Lenny Hayes as head coach... someone who is inspirational and a true leader!
He could also help to land Kelly for 2020.

After five years with a win/loss ratio of 33%, Richo is now enrolled into a leadership program.
Richo is not an inspirational leader... it's just not his gig... he wouldn't inspire an ant farm with a bowl full of sugar. You're either an inspirational leader or your not... it comes naturally or it does not... it's not something you manufacture in a leadership school.
Thank him for his service and for inadvertently delivering Max King through his ineptitude as a leader and wish him well. Make Lenny Hayes head coach ASAP!

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 8:49pm Appoint Lenny Hayes as head coach... someone who is inspirational and a true leader!

After five years with a win/loss ratio of 33%, Richo is now enrolled into a leadership program.
Richo is not an inspirational leader... it's just not his gig... he wouldn't inspire an ant farm with a bowl full of sugar. You're either an inspirational leader or your not... it comes naturally or it does not... it's not something you manufacture in a leadership school.
Thank him for his service and for inadvertently delivering Max King through his ineptitude as a leader and wish him well. Make Lenny Hayes head coach ASAP!
51 crap posts. You are obviously not a saints supporter

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 8:54pm
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 8:49pm Appoint Lenny Hayes as head coach... someone who is inspirational and a true leader!

51 crap posts. You are obviously not a saints supporter
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 8:39pm
The Fireman wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 8:32pm Richo has failed and I doubt I will be eating humble pie.

You sayin no to pie????
trick question

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 4:27pm A few of you will be eating humble pie next year. Ratts is going to make a huge difference.
I take it Ratts is the main man now. Richo just a sideshow?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 8:50am
I expect to be hounded over this but here goes.... Richo is the brains, Ratts will be the explainer.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Yes, the sky is falling and everything we do is crap posts are annoying, but no more so than the rose colored glasses brigade that think a c grade battler that gets drafted by or traded to the saints is now borderline All Australian.

Fact is we were uncompetitive last season and Richo who appeared uninspiring must be considered dead lucky to retain his job.

We have recruited new assistants and a better off field structure so there is optimism for improvement. I think the trades were mediocre and have little idea of the drafted players as I haven’t seen them play.

To suggest we are going to bounce into finals consideration due to these changes appears overly optimistic but the sky isn’t falling either.

Maybe 6-8 wins with a 10-12 placed finish would be a reasonable result.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 11:53am
I expect to be hounded over this but here goes.... Richo is the brains, Ratts will be the explainer.
If Richo is the brains the club is screwed for as long as he remains in charge.
That he is doing a leadership course after five years of leading the club is a bit ridiculous and an inditement on those responsible for appointing him leader from the get go!
Appoint a real leader of men like Lenny Hayes as coach and watch the players respond accordingly.
I don't think our list is terrible... I think our players have been straightjacketed by an incompetent bumbling imposter for the role in which he was appointed.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Don't expect it Tony75, you actually will be. Good insight though. Ratts is a godsend.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

At least spell the man’s name correctly.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Tue 27 Nov 2018 9:46pm At least spell the man’s name correctly.
Maybe he's trying to be derogatory? Someone slap a ban on the use of Tony75!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I cant believe I am writing this but that makes a lot of sense.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 27 Nov 2018 10:40pm
I cant believe I am writing this but that makes a lot of sense.
it makes complete sense to me.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I vould cop this in the sense that Albert Einstein would explain quantum physics as conceived by Kyle Sandilands....you would hope the explainer puts a bit of his own spin on it

Nee!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So Richo has poor communication or implementation skills... is that the message ;)

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

so we need someone to actually communicate the game plan to the players because the coach can't?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
degruch
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Wed 28 Nov 2018 3:20am so we need someone to actually communicate the game plan to the players because the coach can't?
Apparently so, but is that unusual? Essendon blamed a breakdown in this process as the reason for giving Neeld the flick during the year, so its a structure clubs obviously use. Whether its a successful structure depends on how well Rat'cho communicate.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

I take it Rats will deliver his/the other line coaches message & Richo’s gameplan won’t be used?

barneyboyz
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 7:05pm
saynta wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 6:00pm
chico2001 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 5:36pm
tony74 wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 5:04pm
saynta wrote: Fri 23 Nov 2018 4:45pm
Great to hear that tony74.

You would need to be practically brain dead not to appreciate that.

But, then again, having regard to the form of certain posters...... :wink:
Book mark it Saynta. Already you can sense a feeling of optimism around the place. Looking back now,at this time last year everyone was just trying a little too hard to counter the loss of Roo and Joey. Sounds strange but in hindsight pretty obvious.
Ok, put your c**k on the block and tell us where the saints will finish on the ladder in 2019 & how many wins and we will bookmark that. I said 8 games, most others have said that. Dont worry about humble pie and blue sky and bringing up Roo and montagna as a causal factor for a dismal 2018, thats a cop out.
He wasn't addressing you.
Pretty much. Why do people hassle and abuse a genuine true insider of the actual Saints. Don't get it. The positive news surrounding our changes e.g. Ratten and that there is a good vibe should be celebrated. Hold on...guess that doesn't agree with the cynical and negative mindset though. Fairdinkum. 🙄
There appeared to be many things we got wrong last season, and yes it was troubling that we couldn't find the answers during play, but I find myself at the start of yet another preseason with new players, coaches and some optimism. If I can't find something exciting in all that, then I shouldn't bother.

Fact is I can and have found that spark. I have watched many new highlights videos, seen some young blokes (and old) register their delight at being given a chance to play in our colours. I have now started to witness a turnaround in general player belief post Roo and Joey, and I'll be damned if I'm not there in round 1 2019

Now, it's all up to them. Go Saints :)

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: