Drug use Rife at the Saints in '06 - Grant Thomas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Drug use Rife at the Saints in '06 - Grant Thomas

Just gonna leave this here:

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 3:11pm
saynta wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 10:25am
Are you saying that anybody denying taking drugs is lying?

I have never taken any drugs in my lifetime. Never even be offered any.

I find it really sad that a lot of people do drugs and that they feel the need to partake to have a good time.
Have you consumed alcohol?
Not since I was 21.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 12:21pm
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 7:05am
Gershwin wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 12:24am All Dal had to say was’I didn’t take drugs’.
What would happen if everyone stopped lying.

I find it really sad that a lot of people do drugs and that they feel the need to partake to have a good time.
I get really sad when I see governments addicted to revenue streams from alcohol sales.

The only difference is alcohol is made legal by governments, the lying starts with Governments waging thier political "war" on certain drugs but not others, one of the others being alcohol which creates significantly more negative impacts to society than thier illegall variety.
Sorry mate, but that is really rubbish although I do concede it is a factor in a lot of assaults, family abuse and road deaths but then so are drugs.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 20 Feb 2019 10:39pm
It's a very personal opinion and Im no innocent but my respect for GT just raised a notch.

I would say the people that have just dumped on GT never rated him as a coach/person/mentor to the core group of players that took us all the way to GF
So it is funny in the sense given current rules for Stkilda staff that they dont extend to past job holders
One positive i used to appreciate from Thommo is that he used to post here - but that was in the good ole days

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Not true. I loved Grant and was really pissed when he was sacked and replaced with a wanker who cost the saints two flags.

But really why did he feel the need to dump on the saints and his former players on the eve of a new season that was promising much for the saints, who incidentally had been receiving favourable publicity.

Completely unnecessary from someone who purports to still love the saints.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I would say that GT does and has done a lot more for the club than just about everyone here... maybe he doesn’t believe that hiding and pretending something isn’t a problem is the best way to move forward

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 4:50pm
Gershwin wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 12:24am All Dal had to say was’I didn’t take drugs’.

I get really sad when I see governments addicted to revenue streams from alcohol sales.

The only difference is alcohol is made legal by governments, the lying starts with Governments waging thier political "war" on certain drugs but not others, one of the others being alcohol which creates significantly more negative impacts to society than thier illegall variety.
Sorry mate, but that is really rubbish although I do concede it is a factor in a lot of assaults, family abuse and road deaths but then so are drugs.
That's why its impotarant to always get the dosage right whatever your favorite vice

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 5:55pm

That's why its impotarant to always get the dosage right whatever your favorite vice
Too many get it wrong. No-one wants to have to deal with dead people in lane ways and parking lots with needles still sticking out of their arms.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 5:58pm
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 5:55pm

Too many get it wrong. No-one wants to have to deal with dead people in lane ways and parking lots with needles still sticking out of their arms.
Like I say it's about getting the dosage right with your drug of choice, just like you have to take responsibility for getting the dosage right with your booze. The point is, they are both drugs, one is legal, one isn't. Getting the dosage right has nothing to do with the legalities of each variety, if you get it right you can enjoy the experience, if you get it wrong then it can be problematic. I'm at a pub now and there are people around me that are getting it wrong. There is one bloke that looks like he could be that dead guy in a lane tonight you speak of, the fact his drug of choice is legal is irrelevant to his responsibility to get the dosage right. Who wants to deal with a dead guy in a lane cause he drank too much legal booze.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Drug users only f*** their health and make drug dealers rich.

Like the two Ianian refugess on the news tonight who were trying to import about 68 million dollars worth of ice into the country.

I hope they rot in a gaol cell.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 6:47pm Drug users only f*** their health and make drug dealers rich.

Like the two Ianian refugess on the news tonight who were trying to import about 68 million dollars worth of ice into the country.

I hope they rot in a gaol cell.
Alchohol users only stuff thier health and make brewery and distillery owners Rich.

Don't watch the news.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yeah
, ok mate.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 10:53am
samuraisaint wrote: Wed 20 Feb 2019 10:45pm News Flash! Young cashed up single blokes with very little spare time in a demanding sport let off a little steam on their one day off a week! Front page! :shock:
TBH I'd rather our players partake in a few nose beers which don't negatively affect their fitness or calorie intake rather than the legal mouth beers which most certainly do.
Pretty sure the majority of mouth beers are distilled in sterile accredited environments not mixed in the putrid bathtubs and kitchens of filthy crackhead junkies.

Each to their own.

Also one is legal, one is not.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

As Bob Marley once said:
"Be happy mon." 😎

I have always hated drugs (can't stand them actually) and would much prefer a beer or wine. Sure most AFL players drink a bit here and there and aren't into any drugs. Plus booze is legal and drugs aren't. Very simple rule and law to follow.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:20pm
mad saint guy wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 10:53am
samuraisaint wrote: Wed 20 Feb 2019 10:45pm News Flash! Young cashed up single blokes with very little spare time in a demanding sport let off a little steam on their one day off a week! Front page! :shock:
TBH I'd rather our players partake in a few nose beers which don't negatively affect their fitness or calorie intake rather than the legal mouth beers which most certainly do.
Pretty sure the majority of mouth beers are distilled in sterile accredited environments not mixed in the putrid bathtubs and kitchens of filthy crackhead junkies.

Each to their own.

Also one is legal, one is not.
Yeah and when it's so pure and sterile you can drive into your system harder and faster than the non sterile putrid stuff, that what I love about the clean stuff. And it's legal. The purest kind.

lefty
Club Player

Never taken rec drugs ever, has never made any sense to even do it. I have zero interest and it's utterly sad people think it's cool to do so. If that's what people need to do to have some fun in life, then it's quite depressing.

I'd rather get the most out of my life and get the very best out of myself, rather than piss fart it away and play Russian roulette with my health, but hey each to their own, if you want to take pills that contain a cocktail of drain cleaner and god knows what else, go ahead, natural selection at its finest.

I'm glad Grant has the balls to talk about it, rather than hiding the problem under the rug, too many rose-glassed supporters that don't want to address real problems.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The drugs I wanted to take...I was too scared to get hold of them and even scareder (wow, that is not a word) to use them due the way weed made me so paranoid. Speed a bit in the 80s, one trip, mushroom tea...(which was extarodinarily beneficial for my self-consiocusness in a social setting aand that was it.
However, I missed out on a learning experiences many of my peers had, in order to protect my sanity (what was left of it)
Drank too much in 40s..and now that is my demon which i try to keep a good watch on..

Cannot blame AFL players for not wanting to mess with them, but inevitably there will be collatoral damage. Now we have reached an era where coaches around 40 years old (Scott twins etc.) are young enough to have been playing when it was really on in the 00s. I wonder what they say behind closed doors. GT from another generation when sub-cultures were more separate . i.e. there would have been some in his time but they didn't all send instagram pics to each other either.

Did Aker ever talk about drugs at Brisbane or the Dogs? A bit like GT in some respects, and would run with his flow of thought into words.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 10:58pm The drugs I wanted to take...I was too scared to get hold of them and even scareder (wow, that is not a word) to use them due the way weed made me so paranoid. Speed a bit in the 80s, one trip, mushroom tea...(which was extarodinarily beneficial for my self-consiocusness in a social setting aand that was it.
However, I missed out on a learning experiences many of my peers had, in order to protect my sanity (what was left of it)
Drank too much in 40s..and now that is my demon which i try to keep a good watch on..

Cannot blame AFL players for not wanting to mess with them, but inevitably there will be collatoral damage. Now we have reached an era where coaches around 40 years old (Scott twins etc.) are young enough to have been playing when it was really on in the 00s. I wonder what they say behind closed doors. GT from another generation when sub-cultures were more separate . i.e. there would have been some in his time but they didn't all send instagram pics to each other either.

Did Aker ever talk about drugs at Brisbane or the Dogs? A bit like GT in some respects, and would run with his flow of thought into words.
There are drugs you can take to stop you getting scared or scareder. It's a word now.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

trust ‘n faith (in the process)
are internally created ‘drugs’
that’ll actually move one through
any psychological self awareness issues

the gift is in embracing the self judged lack / frustration / disempowerment etc etc etc

its not a right/wrong exercise
regardless of what the fat controller propagandises

htf does one ‘get’ balance
if one can’t do positive AND negative

an addiction to positiveness is addiction
too much hammer , is an addiction
too much negativity is another pathetic addiction

imo ooc mf’s

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Spida Everitt on Triple M this morning, both GC & Melbourne.
Suggested GT is embellishing the numbers to get another headline.

What is GT problem?
You got the arse Grant now move on, its done Grant.
It was 12 years ago, accept it and move on. You are not the coach or a relevant person at the club.
Get over it Grant.

You knew about Butterss and his habit when you got into bed with him at the club, it only became an issue and you took the moral high ground when your financial arrangement with Butterss went pear shaped.

If GT had any decency he name the players who were not taking drugs to ensure they were not tarnished due to his comments.

If GT was so concerned, has he contacted these players and asked if they still have drug usage issues and do they need help? Surely Grant the great man manager & human being who loved his players and they loved him would be there to lend his fatherly advice.

I wonder why Grant felt the need to make this public, why not help in the background if his intentions are positive? I guess that would not get your name in the headlines.

Spoke to a former saint last night who retired just before the GT era but still has lots of very close mates who played under GT. His comment - the 4 or 5 blokes who played under Grant and still kept in contact with him or still held respect for him will now drop him a hot scone.

He'll be totally ostrasized from all his ex players.
Funny that Ross Lyon is still close & in contact with many ex players including Roo while GT is losing those few who still respected him.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Well form the way it's described...
it was barely a talking point on the podcast and the media have run with it

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Poor form Grant, poor form.

But then you have a history of putting your mouth into action before engaging your brain.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

GT is in a better position to make a judgement call on something like this