Bailey Rice - At the crossroads?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Re: Bailey Rice - At the crossroads?

I recall going to the first Football X game and caught the train home to find Dean Rice on the train with us. I was a huge admirer of Dean he was for me an absolute gun of a player in some ways under rated.
He asked me how I thought his son went.
I felt uncomfortable telling him the truth because I felt he was overweight, unconditioned and a touch slow because of it.
You could just see he was frustrated with him and he mentioned he didn’t take direction from him too well being his father.
You can see the players that have busted a gut to go the next level.
Last season Billings, Dunstan and Sinclair trained like mad men to try and become better footballers. I know boxing was taken up by Billings and Dunstan.
Rice never looked like he ever worked that hard to make it.. his body never looked lean, sculpted and conditioned and he paid the price.
He ended up having a very uneventful unfulfilling career.

diddley
Club Player

Re: Bailey Rice - At the crossroads?

Vazelos wrote: Thu 07 Nov 2019 6:05am I recall going to the first Football X game and caught the train home to find Dean Rice on the train with us. I was a huge admirer of Dean he was for me an absolute gun of a player in some ways under rated.
He asked me how I thought his son went.
I felt uncomfortable telling him the truth because I felt he was overweight, unconditioned and a touch slow because of it.
You could just see he was frustrated with him and he mentioned he didn’t take direction from him too well being his father.
You can see the players that have busted a gut to go the next level.
Last season Billings, Dunstan and Sinclair trained like mad men to try and become better footballers. I know boxing was taken up by Billings and Dunstan.
Rice never looked like he ever worked that hard to make it.. his body never looked lean, sculpted and conditioned and he paid the price.
He ended up having a very uneventful unfulfilling career.
I remember one day I met Billings’ dad, about 12 months after he was drafted. He told me of his drive and passion to do the best he could. “It’s all he ever wanted to do, is play footy”. He is all about his self improvement.
I’m really looking forward to seeing how he goes this year under a new regime and list overhaul. The culture should shift into an elite system, and players like Rice never seemed to be ready to take the next leap.