3AW Rumour File ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: 3AW Rumour File ...

The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:50pm
CURLY wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:44pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:12pm
CURLY wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 11:22am
The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 10:38am And some claim Cho hanging around passed his used by date isn’t damaging the club... :roll:

Yeah one player wanting out is solid evidence. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If your best player (as often claimed on here) wants out because of the coach (who is clearly a dead-man-walking) I’d say that is a pretty big deal.

Hell, he can’t even bring himself to play under him this year! Sounds like he’d be happy to play under C Scott though.
At 30 he can go make demands elsewhere. Seems everyone else is happy other than you and him. Get a lift with him down to Barwon Heads and stay there.
If the review after last season is anything to go by then it would seem clearly a lot of players were/are unhappy.
Well - we were all unhappy after last season. There'd have to be something wrong with you if it was all hugs then.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:49pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 10:38am And some claim Cho hanging around passed his used by date isn’t damaging the club... :roll:

Yeah one player wanting out is solid evidence. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If your best player (as often claimed on here) wants out because of the coach (who is clearly a dead-man-walking) I’d say that is a pretty big deal.

Hell, he can’t even bring himself to play under him this year! Sounds like he’d be happy to play under C Scott though.
Where are your hard facts to back up your outlandish statements?
It’s pretty widely accepted the Jack had a serious chat with Cho after last season about where the club was headed.

And the jungle drums are beating that he’d be happy to go down to Geelong and play.

So why can’t he bring himself to play currently (many rumours around) but wants to go down to Geelong next season, to play football I would assume.

Seems to me like he just doesn’t want to play for St Kilda anymore.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The following is not a rumour.

I have it on good authority that the footy Gods are just finishing up with their last curses as per their century of 'bad luck' allocations and our last string of bad luck. We may even land a sizeable midfield fish or two in the next couple of trade periods. My sources have told me that their crystal balls are highlighting lots of Red White and Black and....they see spots of silver flashing intermittently.

I can reveal to all Saintsational readers that we will be very low in the injury ladder over the next 2 years and blokes like Hannas and Steele and Gresh and Acres will be talked about in All Australian squad nominations and a bloke called Langlands and another bloke called Bytel will be hot favourites for the 2020 Nab rising star.

Bookmark it
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 28 May 2019 2:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

There's a saying that goes - "don't give a mug an even chance " or "never give a sucker an even chance/break."
Our recruiters have given the other AFL coaches a much better than even chance.
And none of the AFL coaches are mugs.

How many A grade big fish have we landed over the last 10 years compared to the Hawks, etc..?

We need to see the real reasons we have fallen behind.
Last edited by samoht on Tue 28 May 2019 3:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:23pm
takeaway wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:12pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:46pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:25pm Yeah he did and so did Alan. He got plenty of them plus it looked special when he was embraced with Gresham. Well done to Alan for developing the kid into a gun from when he was drafted.
WTF are you on about? Don't confuse how the team and the club is going with different personnel this year with Cho's ability as a coach.

Gresh came in with raw talent and he lived off that beautiful goal against Geelong in his first year but have a look at his second year. Was poor during several periods but played every round regardless

Since Gresh's 3rd game of AFL, he's NEVER been dropped or relegated to the VFL regardless of his form. Why didn't Cho treat Brandon the same way or Hunter the same way? Developing the kid my arse!!

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... esham.html
What do stats have to do with it? Gresh was mainly forward in his first couple of years (so stats not as high), but kicked over 30 goals I think each of last 2 years, never dropped because he has never deserved to be dropped. Has been very well developed by the club, not just Richo of course. White is now maturing, but early on was letting his man get away too often, probably ready now to play ones, but backline is doing well. Hunter is learning well, and imo will be established in the seniors soon. Nothing wrong with the development of any of them, all players are different.
Classic...Every other player is judged on stats and output and team ethos. Gresh played some selfish footy early in his career and when his stats were low and when he did not play percentages he should have been dropped.

"Never dropped because he has never deserved to be dropped" That is just plain wrong
. I don't think you watch games closely enough or you are claiming your opinion to be fact. Let's not confuse the player he is now, to the player that he was when he was 19. I agree that the CLUB has done a good job with Jade
Highlighted areas - rubbish. Stats form a very small part of assessing a player imo because they can be so misleading. If they are that important Cyril Rioli would have been in and out of the Hawks team. Your penchant for dropping players every 5 minutes as soon as they have a quiet game, or their stats drop off for a couple of weeks just would not work. Same as bringing in players who are developing their game and are not really ready. Having said that, all clubs make errors in selections, particularly in hindsight. I watch games pretty closely as a fan, and certainly don't have my attention interrupted continually checking the stats of the game.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

All posters make errors with their content but I think definitely the colour and style you used in your post is rubbish.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:57pm

It’s pretty widely accepted the Jack had a serious chat with Cho after last season about where the club was headed.

And the jungle drums are beating that he’d be happy to go down to Geelong and play.

So why can’t he bring himself to play currently (many rumours around) but wants to go down to Geelong next season, to play football I would assume.

So you have no facts and you are just making up BS as you go along.

Just great for a bloke who has mental heath issues to be reading all this crap about himself.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe he just wants to try and make a fresh start.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:22pm

Just great for a bloke who has mental heath issues to be reading all this crap about himself.
Not making anything up, just collating what many other posters and journos have stated as info from ‘very good sources’

But we DO know he had a hard convo with Richo, he has been linked to Geelong many times in the past (and the original post in this thread), and he’s not playing for us atm.

Just trying to join the dots.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

And doing a very bad job of that it would seem.

King12
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:45pm And doing a very bad job of that it would seem.

Should try a Crayon! 😉

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:32pm
saynta wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:22pm

Not making anything up, just collating what many other posters and journos have stated as info from ‘very good sources’

But we DO know he had a hard convo with Richo, he has been linked to Geelong many times in the past (and the original post in this thread), and he’s not playing for us atm.

Just trying to join the dots.
The dots got a bit harder to join after round 6 I guess.

If you look at the pattern they make and squint a little it will all become as clear as mud.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Bottom line ---

If we're not happy being at 5-5 given all the injuries we've had again this year, and our lowly midfield ranking (let's not forget our midfield was ranked 17th at the start of this year and that's with Steven playing in it) - then our players are just busting their guts and showing character for nothing.

Freo had a 0-10 start a couple of years back, and were chucking the towel in.
Last edited by samoht on Tue 28 May 2019 4:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

King12
Club Player

At the end of the day, if people don't want to be with the Saints, set them free, be they a multiple B&F winner or a fan forum troll!

Bye, bye 👋

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

King12 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:49pm
saynta wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:45pm And doing a very bad job of that it would seem.

Should try a Crayon! 😉
Do you still get those little magic boards with Happy Meals at Maccas? That might help! 🤣

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

King12 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 4:14pm At the end of the day, if people don't want to be with the Saints, set them free, be they a multiple B&F winner or a fan forum troll!

Bye, bye 👋
Or just change names, eh Stoney? :)

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 5:02pm
King12 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 4:14pm At the end of the day, if people don't want to be with the Saints, set them free, be they a multiple B&F winner or a fan forum troll!

Bye, bye 👋
I do seem to recall another rumour that Longer was heading down the highway as well
Sometimes the talk becomes just that - talk- because one party weighs it all up
the cats covet mobility & versatility in their big men and precise ball disposal in their small

Seeya
longtimesaint
Club Player

This thread is total BS and should be locked.

One year will be our year
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 5:45pm

Bye, bye 👋
I do seem to recall another rumour that Longer was heading down the highway as well
Sometimes the talk becomes just that - talk- because one party weighs it all up
the cats covet mobility & versatility in their big men and precise ball disposal in their small
Had a contract and everything if I recall correctly :)

longtimesaint
Club Player

Just like Jack S - contracted till end 2020!

One year will be our year
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

If Jack Steven has health issues, I wish him the very best in his recovery.

But if Jack Steven is doing an "Ablett" and bullying the club for a trade to his only club of choice, then I'm just not impressed. I'm a supporter of the club, and I'll hope like hell the club goes really hard to get the very best deal for St Kilda.

King12
Club Player

Bye, bye 👋
Yeah, what ever, not sure, as stated, I don't do drugs, you should read more often instead of posting such rubbish really.

Stop Trolling the forum once and for all please, thank you darling 😘

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

longtimesaint wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 5:53pm This thread is total BS and should be locked.
Yep.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

What's in his contract will be important. It would be nice, wouldn't it, if the club could brief members and supporters with a short sanitised version of what's up, not disclosing too much personal detail but enough to ease or confirm concerns about Jack leaving and squash rumours.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

The head coach had nothing to do with it in this instance.