RICHO WALKED OUT ON HIS TEAM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: RICHO WALKED OUT ON HIS TEAM

I was there. We got flogged

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 10:36pm
prwilkinson wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 9:19pm
WellardSaint wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 9:07pm
prwilkinson wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2019 9:59pm
Superboot wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2019 9:05pm Nicky Winmar injured his AC joint in a final in 1992.

The story went round that no-one went to see that he was ok, and that he was taken to hospital without senior accompaniment.

In response to criticism at the time, Peter Hudson was quoted as saying that we had a game to win.

Times appear to have changed, for the better.
Gees that was a s*** day at Waverley.
i was sitting amongst Doggies fans (the only tickets I could get)
near the HF Flank, so was close to where Elvis took the high mark and came crashing down.
My memories of that bloody game was that we were kicking against the wind in the 1st, and (I have argued over this next bit with ppl) the wind actually reversed in 2nd qtr.
I remember seeing the ball being kicked, and actually slow down and drop short due to the wind.

Anyway, sad day for us, because the next season he took time off from the club due to bad feelings about how he was treated over the injury.
Great memories of the week before though...
Most vivid memory was Harves toweled up Mick McGuane.

There was a one on one contest for a loose ball on the wing/flank members side and Harves shoved McGuane in the shoulder and out of the contest.

Harves at his peak.
Watch the 1991 Elimination Final and remind yourself when you’re watching.... this guy was only 18 when he played in this match. Such a tough, intense final and he just carries the midfield all day and kicks such an awesome goal in the 4th... what an absolute champion footballer he really was! Gees I miss watching that guy play.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Agree with Joffa about Ted’s racism.

Pull your head in Ted.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Lol. Like koalas to a gum tree.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Grow up.

:roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2019 9:05pm Nicky Winmar injured his AC joint in a final in 1992.

The story went round that no-one went to see that he was ok, and that he was taken to hospital without senior accompaniment.

In response to criticism at the time, Peter Hudson was quoted as saying that we had a game to win.

near the HF Flank, so was close to where Elvis took the high mark and came crashing down.
My memories of that bloody game was that we were kicking against the wind in the 1st, and (I have argued over this next bit with ppl) the wind actually reversed in 2nd qtr.
I remember seeing the ball being kicked, and actually slow down and drop short due to the wind.

Anyway, sad day for us, because the next season he took time off from the club due to bad feelings about how he was treated over the injury.
I think the Ressies played in a final before the main game and Spider kicked a few. Might be wrong though. f****** miserable day. I slipped over in the car park and had a wet bum all afternoon, sitting in the drizzling rain behind the goals and in amongst ignorant and offensive dullbog supporters. Think you are right about the wind though.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Don't know how he's kept his job to be honest. Every boutique match we've played since 2014 has been an absolute disaster.
Never won in Wellington.
Never won a Pride Match.
Lose by 70 points in China.
Remember the Good Friday clash against North last year?
Joke.
I mean even the most dispassionate bean counter has to have lost faith in his ability to get the players up for these matches by now.
He's a very lucky man.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 8:21pm Don't know how he's kept his job to be honest. Every boutique match we've played since 2014 has been an absolute disaster.
Never won in Wellington.
Never won a Pride Match.
Joke.
I mean even the most dispassionate bean counter has to have lost faith in his ability to get the players up for these matches by now.
He's a very lucky man.
or a very unlucky one, depending on your pov.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 8:21pm Don't know how he's kept his job to be honest. Every boutique match we've played since 2014 has been an absolute disaster.
Never won in Wellington.
Never won a Pride Match.
Joke.
He's a very lucky man.
or a very unlucky one, depending on your pov.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 6:29pm

I think the Ressies played in a final before the main game and Spider kicked a few. Might be wrong though. f****** miserable day. I slipped over in the car park and had a wet bum all afternoon, sitting in the drizzling rain behind the goals and in amongst ignorant and offensive dullbog supporters. Think you are right about the wind though.

I was sitting behind the goals up the big scoreboard end.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Yep it was piss weak, the act of a defeated man with no answers! Basically mirrors his career at our club.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 9:10pm

Me too.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sat 08 Jun 2019 2:11pm
prwilkinson wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2019 9:10pm

Me too.
Haha funny,,,, I wonder how many games we’ve been sitting near each other over the years.

I tell ya the thing I miss most about that era... all the different home made flags and colour in the crowd. Everyone has the same made in China crappy flag these days. I’ve still got my huge homemade flag but it only comes out on Grand Final day. Hopefully I have a child soon so it can be waved week in/week out again.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

sunsaint wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2019 6:34pm
True Believer wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2019 1:09pm I think it makes zero difference to the outcome of our games on gameday whether the Cho is in the coaches box or having a a coffee in his favourite cafe....

Except of course when it is time to switch Carlisle or Battle forward after the game is lost - if he wasn't in the coaches box they wouldn't know when to do that.......

<1 week ban for using an offensive term that is not permitted to degrade the coach>
Im wondering if & when Richo gets shown the door - all the week bans will be erased?
I'm back !! AND A VERY VALID QUESTION - After all, once he is no longer darkening the door of our little club, it is no longer denigrating a Saints official is it?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2019 8:34am
True Believer wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2019 1:09pm I think it makes zero difference to the outcome of our games on gameday whether the Cho is in the coaches box or having a a coffee in his favourite cafe....

Except of course when it is time to switch Carlisle or Battle forward after the game is lost - if he wasn't in the coaches box they wouldn't know when to do that.......

<1 week ban for using an offensive term that is not permitted to degrade the coach>
Im wondering if & when Richo gets shown the door - all the week bans will be erased?
I'm back !! AND A VERY VALID QUESTION - After all, once he is no longer darkening the door of our little club, it is no longer denigrating a Saints official is it?
All bans relating to Richo have been Grandfathered.

Or is that motherfuckered? Not sure. I always get confused between the two.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

SaintPav wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2019 8:42am

You'd want to sort that out, could get very uncomfortable......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2019 8:47am
SaintPav wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2019 8:42am

You'd want to sort that out, could get very uncomfortable......
Amongst other things but one’s good and one’s bad.