Brad Hill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brad Hill

saintbob wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 3:38pm How about Steven to Geelong, Kelly to Freo and Hill to us.
Everyone’s a winner in that deal
How many best and fairest has Brad Hill won?

saintbob
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 3:49pm
saintbob wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 3:38pm How about Steven to Geelong, Kelly to Freo and Hill to us.
I didn’t realise we were only allowed to recruit B&F winners, my apologies

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Great question (not really). None. But 3 flags. In any case, whilst I love Stuv, B & F's at St K over the past few years are hardly a rolled gold form of currency are they now? Even the great Seb Ross has one.

In any case, if Jack wants to leave for personal reasons to be closer to his family and preferred way of life AND we could somehow engineer a trade that would secure precisely the type of player who could benefit our team (i.e. Brad Hill) and whom is 3 years younger - then hell fvcking yes - I'd do that. Just after I wished Jack all the best for the future and thanked him for his service.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 4:35pm
Great question (not really). None. But 3 flags. In any case, whilst I love Stuv, B & F's at St K over the past few years are hardly a rolled gold form of currency are they now? Even the great Seb Ross has one.

In any case, if Jack wants to leave for personal reasons to be closer to his family and preferred way of life AND we could somehow engineer a trade that would secure precisely the type of player who could benefit our team (i.e. Brad Hill) and whom is 3 years younger - then hell fvcking yes - I'd do that. Just after I wished Jack all the best for the future and thanked him for his service.

You might. I wouldn't.

I don't want to see a 3 times Saints best and fairest winner running around in a f****** Geelong jumper.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Great idea but Kelly refused a trade to Freo last year.
It was Eagles or nothing.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 4:38pm
Saintmatt wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 4:35pm

You might. I wouldn't.

I don't want to see a 3 times Saints best and fairest winner running around in a f****** Geelong jumper.
I would much prefer Jack stayed and played in our next flag. And it doesn't have to be just a Geelong jumper for me - him in any other team's colours wouldn't sit well with me. But guess what - where there is smoke; there is fire. And if that eventually comes to pass and Jack does want to leave for Geelong and we could get Brad Hill without having to part with a draft pick (let alone a high one or having to split one) then that would make Jack leaving way more palatable. I'd much prefer that than having to cop a late 2nd rounder which we'll then no doubt on-trade for a nobody and/or an injured 6'2" half back.

In any case, your original B & F question was both simplistic and rubbish.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 4:49pm .

Don't know what you mean and you don't need to get offensive. I haven't.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 4:52pm

You wanted to know how many B & F's Brad Hill had won (presumably in the context as to his lack of worth in any trade involving Jack Steven). It is simplistic to assume that having not won a B & F at a club would somehow make him less worthy in trade value. Many terrific players at other clubs have not won B & F's and yet, I'd quite happily trade for them if it came to pass that Jack wanted to leave. On your logic - only B & F winners can be traded for other B & F winners. :roll:

Notwithstanding the above, if noting that your original question was rubbish then I apologise.

For the record - I'd take any of Brad Hill's 3 flags over all of Jack's B & F's.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 5:05pm
saynta wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 4:52pm

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=1810628#

You wanted to know how many B & F's Brad Hill had won (presumably in the context as to his lack of worth in any trade involving Jack Steven). It is simplistic to assume that having not won a B & F at a club would somehow make him less worthy in trade value. Many terrific players at other clubs have not won B & F's and yet, I'd quite happily trade for them if it came to pass that Jack wanted to leave. On your logic - only B & F winners can be traded for other B & F winners. :roll:

Notwithstanding the above, if noting that your original question was rubbish then I apologise.

For the record - I'd take any of Brad Hill's 3 flags over all of Jack's B & F's.
:wink: :D :)

I have seen too many club champions running around in hated colours. Not anxious to see any more anytime soon.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I thought Hill had won a b&f?

Maybe he was RU?..
Harder to win B&Fs in a premiership team or a team with Lachie Neale and Nat Fyfe than at StK over the last 6 years

To the top
SS Life Member

Jack Steven has won his 4 B&F's whilst St Kilda has been a lowly Club - so, by extension, he has had little support performing as he has.

For that he has to be commended.

Criticism can not be leveled at Jack Steven for St Kilda's recent history of lack of achievement.

The criticism should correctly be afforded elsewhere among our playing List.

For this reason, if no other, Steven is a required player at St Kilda and deserving of a place in the side we hope to put on the park in 2020.

Where does the assumption that he wants to leave St Kilda come from?

Because some Murdoch hack broaches the subject in a puff piece designed to keep his name and photo in the headlines, because no headlines + irrelevant?

Incidentally, Jack is named for Sandringham this weekend, his second game back.

I just trust he does not read the tripe on here and assume he is not appreciated - or wanted.

There are a number of players on our developing List who are not negotiable retains - and Jack Steven is one of them.

The others also name themselves.

We look to add class and skill to that core of players we have - by way of the Draft and by way of selective Free Agency which is a competition between Clubs.

Plus there may be another Membrey or Bruce or Roberton or Steele out there looking for opportunity

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 6:33pm
I'm pretty sure Richo spoke about and it was reported Jack wanted to know the clubs direction at the end of last year, were they rebuilding or pushing for finals.

Couple above with Jack missing much of the season with MHI and the coach being dismissed, I think it a reasonable assumption he may be interested in a fresh start.

In todays journalism, reasonable assumption seems to be akin to as close as it comes to fact checking.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
supersaints2
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 6:55pm
To the top wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 6:33pm
I'm pretty sure Richo spoke about and it was reported Jack wanted to know the clubs direction at the end of last year, were they rebuilding or pushing for finals.

Couple above with Jack missing much of the season with MHI and the coach being dismissed, I think it a reasonable assumption he may be interested in a fresh start.

In todays journalism, reasonable assumption seems to be akin to as close as it comes to fact checking.
Maybe the clubs direction Jack was referring to was related to the senior coaching roll?
Not casting aspersions, but it's possible

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

If Jack wants to leave he will, and if he doesn’t then he won’t. Not much else anyone can do.

I find the whole ordeal very disappointing, and even more disappointing if moving an hour down the road ends up being the cure to Jack’s issues.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
oldie60
Club Player

Great player but in fairness 4 B & F's during a period where our list was not of any real quality kind of puts it into perspective. He is 29 and if we could get something where we could get some consistent game time out of a younger player it may be worth it. With all due respect once people start playing the mental issues card its open slather and workplaces basically have their hands tied to support the person. He has played his guts out for us and i love him but times have changed. Its this obligation to player welfare which is kind of a double edged sword because the club is bigger than the individual.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Media saying he will request a trade to a Melbourne club as early as Friday and the Dockers won't get in his way. GF moved to Melbourne already or something like that.

We are in the race. I wonder what his relationship with Ratten is. It could become a factor.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2019 10:38pm A 2nd rounder would do it. Not worth a 1st but he is only 26 and a gun wingman.

We have the cap space to offer him the best deal. We should throw the kitchen sink at him.

Manager confirmed Vic clubs are circling. Hawks out of the race apparently.

Worth a first every day of the week. Will probably come in as our second highest paid player too.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I have changed my tune on Hill. We would have to give up a first but we would need something back. Langdon also? Lol, if only.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2019 7:49am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2019 10:38pm A 2nd rounder would do it. Not worth a 1st but he is only 26 and a gun wingman.

We have the cap space to offer him the best deal. We should throw the kitchen sink at him.

Manager confirmed Vic clubs are circling. Hawks out of the race apparently.

Worth a first every day of the week. Will probably come in as our second highest paid player too.
Wish we had an extra $800k on the books

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Steven and Pick 6 out
For
Hill and Constable

Yep I'd do that

Nee!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

As I wrote a couple of weeks ago a Melbourne based club has offered a deal to Brad & Stephen.

To get the job done offer our first round pick to Freo & a 💰 offer to Stephen that would guarantee a first round compensation pick for Freo.

I have asked but can’t find out who the club with the duel offer in place, but it’s not us.

Come on Saints, this is a golden opportunity.
Forget Coniglio and throw cash and a first round pick and get two Hills, stuff getting anything back.

Two Hills in the wings at Marvel and we play finals in 2020.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2019 8:50am As I wrote a couple of weeks ago a Melbourne based club has offered a deal to Brad & Stephen.

To get the job done offer our first round pick to Freo & a 💰 offer to Stephen that would guarantee a first round compensation pick for Freo.

I have asked but can’t find out who the club with the duel offer in place, but it’s not us.

Forget Coniglio and throw cash and a first round pick and get two Hills, stuff getting anything back.

I'm thinking it has to be Melbourne Joffa. They have sold 2019 as an aberration & need class and outside pace as badly, if not more than we do. Not a snowflakes chance in hell could Collingwood or Essendon afford them with what they've splashed out over the past few years.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2019 8:50am As I wrote a couple of weeks ago a Melbourne based club has offered a deal to Brad & Stephen.

We would be Hills hoisted into finals :wink:

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

GET HIM!!!!!. Exactly what we need... Steven and a 2nd rounder

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I agree, they would be great at the Saints. Add Tomlinson in there and we look a lot different and far more dangerous. It does allow us to keep a mainly inside midfield of Steele, Ross and Dunstan.

Steven to the Cats, their draft pick to Freo...let's start there.

I'd also like to entice Jack Martin but sadly we are devoid of draft picks to juggle unless we future trade but that jeopardises any King brother reunion.

I believe our recruiters had a B- effort last year but was an improvement. They have the opportunity to show their worth this year, if Hill nominates the Saints & we accommodate his brother.