Votes v Dees

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

minneapolis
Club Player

Re: Votes v Dees

Scollop wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:48pm
minneapolis wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:40am Was just going to give them all to the the back line but lots of players earned a vote tonight:

2 Bruce
2 Marshall
2 Ross
2 Dunstan
1 Carlisle
1 Wilkie
1 Brown
1 Steele
1 Clark
1 Gresham
1 Membrey

Lonie - back to his putrid pre-good-Lonie self.
Gresham - lively but muddle-headed.
Paton, Hind, Langlands, Long, Clark - all very impressive.
Brown, Carlisle, Wilkie, Clark - a great foundation for a back line.
Most other posters seem to think that Gresham was in our top 3 or 4 players. Don't take this the wrong way, because all voting by individuals is subjective and I'm only posting (as a sort of play on words) because I want to reply on your comment about Gresh being 'muddle-headed'.

You've given a lot of players similar votes. You've named half the squad! Surely there were standout performances from our guys weren't there? Perhaps your voting for this particular game is a bit muddle headed :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Fair call but I saw a nearly-whole-of-team performance. I didn't see a clear top five. Certainly not a game that was 5 times as good as the fifth best performer.

Ross played a very good game. He used the ball well. Much better this year than any previous year.

Gresham on the other hand just kicked it quickly many times. I would put his efficiency rating at about 60%. His skills are very good, better than he is playing.

If I was Rattan I would encourage him to become the best hand-baller in the competition. 10 or 20 meter hand-balls to advantage to the outside player would make him the most valuable he could be to the team. He has said that he plays on instinct. I think that Ross has evolved from instinct now and Gresh will be much much better when he does also.

And finally I often give my votes to the person who did a team job rather than a person who would get votes from the papers. It's just the old poorly-skilled back-pocket-player in me coming out!

Thanks for the comment. I love talking footy on here.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Votes v Dees

minneapolis wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2019 3:49am
If I was Rattan ...
Sorry Minneapolis - I hate doing this [not really - secretly I am a grammar Nazi], but

If [you] were Rattan - you would be a wicker man!

Brett's surname is Ratten - a name is what you come into the world with, and it is what you leave it with - it is so important to us that it signifies the family unit - please - I know it is irrelevant to the football discussion - and I can [sometimes] overlook spelling, but:

Brett Ratten
Hunter Clark
et al

Need to be spelt right - and I know how often they are not in the voting thread

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!