Eleni Umpiring Saints v Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eleni Umpiring Saints v Freo

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:27pm
Moods wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:19pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 2:24pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 1:46pm
Leo.J wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 1:34pm I cannot believe she is in the best, most qualified umpires in the country.

The AFL needs to take a serious look at how they recruit, develop and train their umpires.

Umpiring is a joke at a junior level, and it doesn’t improve upwards.

The AFL needs to invest in umpires at a junior level to develop talent that stays in the game and eventually umpires at the top level after many years of experience, just like the players. It should start at grassroots level.

But just like Eleni, junior leagues are putting in inexperienced under qualified umpires who ruin games of football because they aren’t up to the level they’re umpiring.

It’s not the umpires fault though, it’s the AFL and the leagues not wanting to invest in this so this is what we get. Mediocrity.
Explain to me how the AFL is going to develop and recruit umpires when you get flogs who don’t understand the game abusing and threatening them because they are not favouring their team?

Why would they continue? How’s a 15 year old kid supposed to respond to that at the local footy?

It’s sad and pathetic the way some carry on on here, and they would be those exact people cluelessly abusing kids at local games thinking they’re some kind of hero :roll:
I will tell you how Dud. How about actually giving the umpires correct and honest feedback so they improve rather than just continue to make mistakes.
How would you do that CURLY? 'Saints are getting slaughtered, even up the free kicks.'

You and others posting every week about umpires is beyond laughable. Your bias is so profound that it's bewildering. You do understand that there's other teams we play against don't you? You do realise that many supporters of those teams actually believe that they are getting stiffed by the umpires when they play us. Particularly at the start of the year when we played the hawks and the bombers. I get as frustrated as anyone with umpires but if you can't see that we lose 99% of games due to lack of ability or not being better on the day you're deluded. Posting adnauseum every week about umpires is weird.
Stats don’t lie.
No they don't and the saints stats when compared to the other 17 teams are quite damning of the multi coloured maggots.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:18pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:02pm Sorry, I’m sure you don’t call it abuse, but “giving them a talk” :roll:

Looking at your pathetic and defamatory behaviour towards umpires and officials displayed here, as they say, “if the shoe fits”

:roll:
Maggots are fair game on here. Saints officials, who I never abuse are not, so I think once again you are barking up the wrong tree.

Abuse towards fellow posters is against the rules. :roll: :roll:
The above post wasn’t directed at yourself.

But people are people, why’s it matter what colour shirt they wear?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 1:34pm I cannot believe she is in the best, most qualified umpires in the country.

The AFL needs to take a serious look at how they recruit, develop and train their umpires.

The AFL needs to invest in umpires at a junior level to develop talent that stays in the game and eventually umpires at the top level after many years of experience, just like the players. It should start at grassroots level.

But just like Eleni, junior leagues are putting in inexperienced under qualified umpires who ruin games of football because they aren’t up to the level they’re umpiring.

It’s not the umpires fault though, it’s the AFL and the leagues not wanting to invest in this so this is what we get. Mediocrity.
Explain to me how the AFL is going to develop and recruit umpires when you get flogs who don’t understand the game abusing and threatening them because they are not favouring their team?

Why would they continue? How’s a 15 year old kid supposed to respond to that at the local footy?

It’s sad and pathetic the way some carry on on here, and they would be those exact people cluelessly abusing kids at local games thinking they’re some kind of hero :roll:
I will tell you how Dud. How about actually giving the umpires correct and honest feedback so they improve rather than just continue to make mistakes.
How would you do that CURLY? 'Saints are getting slaughtered, even up the free kicks.'

You and others posting every week about umpires is beyond laughable. Your bias is so profound that it's bewildering. You do understand that there's other teams we play against don't you? You do realise that many supporters of those teams actually believe that they are getting stiffed by the umpires when they play us. Particularly at the start of the year when we played the hawks and the bombers. I get as frustrated as anyone with umpires but if you can't see that we lose 99% of games due to lack of ability or not being better on the day you're deluded. Posting adnauseum every week about umpires is weird.
Bravo

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’ll give my old man his due on that score

the little brother dobbed me in
for hiding my ciggies in a mask i had hanging
on the bedroom wall

he never did that again

well , not to the old man anyway

i got away scot-free
even got to keep my ciggies

:)

was smart enough to find another hiding spot though

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:21pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:02pm Sorry, I’m sure you don’t call it abuse, but “giving them a talk” :roll:

Looking at your pathetic and defamatory behaviour towards umpires and officials displayed here, as they say, “if the shoe fits”

Never verbally abused a kid dud. Your the type of person that ruins junior sport. Think your so important that you are the star of the day. Go crawl under a rock.
Sticking with your track record, way off the mark again, no kids currently playing junior sport 👍
Junior umpires and advisers are far worse as they generally try and point the finger back if any issue is raised.
Says enough. I think I know exactly how you would treat them judging by your behaviour on here.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:48pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:21pm

Never verbally abused a kid dud. Your the type of person that ruins junior sport. Think your so important that you are the star of the day. Go crawl under a rock.
Sticking with your track record, way off the mark again, no kids currently playing junior sport 👍
Junior umpires and advisers are far worse as they generally try and point the finger back if any issue is raised.
Says enough. I think I know exactly how you would treat them judging by your behaviour on here.
Stand by it dud. Adults umpiring juniors are the worse. Most are on a power trip and have little regard for the actual kids trying to play. When these types aren’t involved the days go far smoother with no incidents.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The silver lining I see is that any comments about the umpiring on Sunday can sit comfortably in this thread & stay out of the Match Thread.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:41pm

Bravo
If I was in charge, I'd change the rules every year, set weekly focus agendas on certain rules that make consistency impossible and Id tell the media what we are focusing on but not let them directly ask us to explain retrospectively about the obvious mistakes we made.

If I was an AFL coach I'd analyze the weaknesses of certain umpires to 'get it right' and exploit the heck out of it.

Curly and Dud will never see eye to eye about this but that's why we love this game. It evokes passion, drama and emotion.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

f I was an AFL coach I'd analyze the weaknesses of certain umpires to 'get it right' and exploit the heck out of it.
thats got smart written all over it

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully this game she stops guessing as in the last time we had her she was clearly paying decisions before an event happened.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
asiu
Saintsational Legend

wasn’t long after that previous affair that the old man started buying Turf non filters in the 2x 10 flat pack ,
taking a couple out (throwing them in the drawer)
and tossing em on his dresser

he didn’t smoke that rubbish
it was all about
watching to see if they got knocked off

i was too smart for that bullsh!t

when ya live with a psycho
u get a bit ginger about things

everything basically :)

ya gotta run a tidy ship

anyways
i just kept lifting his dunhill
and the very rare rothmans off mum

the younger brother
bless him
besides getting sick on Turf non filters
copped another caning for being a dumb c***

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 8:56pm wasn’t long after that previous affair that the old man started buying Turf non filters in the 2x 10 flat pack ,
taking a couple out (throwing them in the drawer)
and tossing em on his dresser

he didn’t smoke that rubbish
it was all about
watching to see if they got knocked off

i was too smart for that bullsh!t

when ya live with a psycho
u get a bit ginger about things

everything basically :)

ya gotta run a tidy ship

anyways
i just kept lifting his dunhill
and the very rare rothmans off mum

the younger brother
bless him
besides getting sick on Turf non filters
copped another caning for being a dumb c***
Haha. My mum was a shocker. Often had 2 and sometimes 3 packets open at once. Winnie Reds, a powerful punch.
A busy woman, she would often forget she smoked long enough for my older brother to move her smokes and pilfer them. My take was to find them, extract a finders fee and return them to her a little lighter.
'Oh great' she'd say, 'where were they?' With a look of disgust and a raised brow I'd report the crime.'Jimmy's room mum'

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @ finders fee
... very good

i didn’t mind the ‘raised eyebrow ‘n look of disgust’
part of it either

who can we practice our fake sincerity on ,
if not our mum

i was always more scared of disappointing mum
than most things the old man could conjure up

she’s still got me bluffed !
:)

Special
Club Player

I guess we are playing Frei so by default we have to have either a cheating umpire or a totally incompetent one

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

As the youngest, I was the bearer of hope and also, on rare occasions, a short path to disappointment for the old girl. She was brutal in her judgement but often overwhelmed with guilt by her professional life and it's taxes on her parental duties. Nevertheless, she always managed to see through me and her undying love and committment always managed to come to the fore.
The old man was more pragmatic. He dished out discipline and punishment with regulatlrity and a strong belief that it hurt him, more than it hurt me.
Mum was more forgiving and no squib. We thrived on each others emotions.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Stats don’t lie.
Moods post is spot on. Curly, you just completely refuse to acknowledge your own bias. Responding with ‘stats don’t lie’ only highlights your own resistance to looking at your own attitude.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 7:40pm

Maggots are fair game on here. Saints officials, who I never abuse are not, so I think once again you are barking up the wrong tree.

Exactly. I think calling the umps filthy maggots repeatedly is ugly and abusive. They’re doing a job.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:00pm

Stats don’t lie.
Moods post is spot on. Curly, you just completely refuse to acknowledge your own bias. Responding with ‘stats don’t lie’ only highlights your own resistance to looking at your own attitude.
Give it a spell. My attitude on a StKilda fan forum about umpires can be what I want it to be. If I feel there is a bias against us in games I will post it. I do more than enough at local level that I don’t have to tip toe around on my clubs forum.

As for my bias perhaps if the dud acknowledged when we’ve been stitched up he may have credibility. But the fact he defends the most obvious mistake shows he’s just a pot stirring clown.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:03pm

Exactly. I think calling the umps filthy maggots repeatedly is ugly and abusive. They’re doing a job.
Umpires shouldn’t be called that but they can be biased, incompetent and cheats.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Who calles them filthy maggots .Not I. Cheating maggots yes, because
I believe they do cheat. But filthy maggots, no.

As far as I'm concerned they do a very poor job most of the time.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:08pm

Umpires shouldn’t be called that but they can be biased, incompetent and cheats.
As long as we all acknowledge that they are professional biased, incompetent, maggots and cheats, I think we are all good.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:07pm

Give it a spell. My attitude on a StKilda fan forum about umpires can be what I want it to be. If I feel there is a bias against us in games I will post it. I do more than enough at local level that I don’t have to tip toe around on my clubs forum.

As for my bias perhaps if the dud acknowledged when we’ve been stitched up he may have credibility. But the fact he defends the most obvious mistake shows he’s just a pot stirring clown.
The irony of you telling someone else to ‘give it a spell’. The most one eyed, myopic, single issue obsessed, excessive spam posting individual on the forum telling someone else to ‘give it a spell’. Okay. What you do for local sport etc...good on you.
Doesn’t change the fact that you’re totally and completely unwilling to acknowledge your one eyed-ness.
Classic deflection you’ve used there. Acknowledging your own behaviour and bias is dependent upon someone else doing something first.
Fits in very nicely with being persecuted. If you acknowledged your own attitude you’d have to drop the persecution routine.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:38pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:07pm

The irony of you telling someone else to ‘give it a spell’. The most one eyed, myopic, single issue obsessed, excessive spam posting individual on the forum telling someone else to ‘give it a spell’. Okay. What you do for local sport etc...good on you.
Doesn’t change the fact that you’re totally and completely unwilling to acknowledge your one eyed-ness.
Classic deflection you’ve used there. Acknowledging your own behaviour and bias is dependent upon someone else doing something first.
Fits in very nicely with being persecuted. If you acknowledged your own attitude you’d have to drop the persecution routine.
Give it a spell.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:18pm Who calles them filthy maggots .Not I. Cheating maggots yes, because

Maybe not filthy maggots. This though :

“corrupt incompetent poorly trained and mostly brain dead skinny little maggot mates.”

“that little dwarf maggot “

“those maggot arseholes”

“cheating ego driven little maggot twerps”

“I used to call them maggots but that's insulting to all maggots. maggot lice is far more appropriate.”

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:48pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2019 10:18pm Who calles them filthy maggots .Not I. Cheating maggots yes, because

Maybe not filthy maggots. This though :

“corrupt incompetent poorly trained and mostly brain dead skinny little maggot mates.”

“that little dwarf maggot “

“those maggot arseholes”

“cheating ego driven little maggot twerps”

“I used to call them maggots but that's insulting to all maggots. maggot lice is far more appropriate.”
:wink: Some nice turns of phrase there.

Perhaps you would prefer the more PC terms advocated by the herald sun.

"If you’re the sort of person to get up and yell at the footy umpire without even a trigger warning, this is for you.

Here are 20 woke, anti-maggophobic comments you are politically permitted to make at the footy.

1. If you require the use of a trained canine as visual aide, you have my full support.

2. Your whistle is presently in no danger of being overused.

3. I have had respectful, consensual relations with a member of your immediate family.

4. I believe your talents might best be applied in a different field of work.

5. Although I do not presume your gender, I observe your follicles are sparse.

6. It is wonderful to see tolerance of all levels of intellect in umpire hiring policy.

7. While sleep is important for mental health, you should reconsider doing it during play

8. Age is clearly no indication of ability because my grandparent could make a boundary throw like that.

9. Congratulations on embracing a fluid definition of 15m.

10. It is human to make mistakes and you are really, really human.

11. Your outward appearance doesn’t reflect who you are inside. If you are an opposition player on the inside, please let us know.

12. How brave of you to identify as a goal umpire.

13. Your success in your chosen field, despite your obvious lack of education, is truly inspirational.

14. While your patronage of the safe injecting room is encouraged, it is not advisable to visit immediately prior to a match.

15. It is great to see you shunning outdated body image expectations around weight.

16. How shameful for the AFL not to provide you with a rule book in Braille.

17. I trust your decision not to call ‘holding the man’ is a silent protest against the patriarchy.

18. Proposed laws legalising marijuana will undoubtedly help me understand your decisions.

19. Thank you for prompting me to challenge my prejudices about what is and isn’t a handball.

20. As a fan of inclusiveness, I welcome your application of netball rules to this match.

In the end it is up to the mods to decide what is and what isn't permitted by the forum rules NOT you. :twisted: :evil:
Last edited by saynta on Fri 09 Aug 2019 11:27pm, edited 1 time in total.