Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finey on SEN

Mr Magic wrote:IIRC Bruce Eva's problem at SEN wasn't with Mark Fine but with Mark Doran.
Correct. Mark Fine had nothing to do with Bruce Eva leaving SEN (or so i am reliably informed).

Oh and BM, Dr Spaceman is correct - the topic is wether Scott Watters should be immediately sacked and Alan Richardson take his place.

The reason many, including many others who have contacts at the club and dismiss this out of hand is because after three days of unsubstantiated rants by Mr Fine, he has not given one piece of evidence of heresay.

Mr Fine comes up with the corroborated evidence, and the views may change.

So Mr BigMart, as Dr Spaceman, on the available evidence are on Mark Fines side that Scott Watters should be immediately sacked?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Kickit
Club Player

The selection committee was unanimous in selecting Watters. It wasn't simply a matter of some dude reckoning that Watters would be good because he's better with the media than Lyon.
People that think StKilda football club choose a coach they same way that they choose a plumber need to get a grip on the real world.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
BigMart wrote: If anyone can say, with a straight face, that this club would not be a mis managed club in many respects over the journey.... They are kidding themselves.... The evidence is simple?
Totally irrelevant to this particular thread.

What is relevant to this thread? Simple: Should Scott Watters be immediately sacked ?

That's it.

Now, how say you BigMart?
It's quite funny Doc, Finey is embracing mediocrity by pandering to players, celebrating past so called achievements and calling for admin to make knee jerk reactions...but some people want to follow that...I don't get it?

Just like Brisbane, Voss was sacked because x number of players wanted to leave, how many are going now????

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:The selection committee was unanimous in selecting Watters. It wasn't simply a matter of some dude reckoning that Watters would be good because he's better with the media than Lyon.
People that think StKilda football club choose a coach they same way that they choose a plumber need to get a grip on the real world.

We had the most comprehensive coaching selection process in AFL history (unlike Melbourne where Garry Lyon just unilaterally goes on his gut feeling).

People squealing about the coach and ignoring how badly hollowed out our list is. The love child or DNA clone of Leigh Matthews and Jock McHale could not do better with our list.

We need to rebuild from the ground up.

My only criticism of the coach is not being 100% clear from the get-go with everyone that we needed a full rebuild.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Kickit wrote:The selection committee was unanimous in selecting Watters. It wasn't simply a matter of some dude reckoning that Watters would be good because he's better with the media than Lyon.

We had the most comprehensive coaching selection process in AFL history (unlike Melbourne where Garry Lyon just unilaterally goes on his gut feeling).

People squealing about the coach and ignoring how badly hollowed out our list is. The love child or DNA clone of Leigh Matthews and Jock McHale could not do better with our list.

My only criticism of the coach is not being 100% clear from the get-go with everyone that we needed a full rebuild.

Just a tip. Every coach is a unamimous decision even though I doubt that actually is the result of the voting. You have to come accros as united even if you arent.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Yes well he didn't mention that at his first news conference.

However I do remember about halfway through last season him talkign about our lopsided list, our poor drafting from 2008-2010 and how some (he actually mentioned Michington I think) was 24 months off.

I took from that he knew exactly where we were and was starting the process of getting us prepped.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:unlike Melbourne where Garry Lyon just unilaterally goes on his gut feeling
Crap - he looks into their eyes!!

He did that with Neeld you know...

He said so on the TV.

One must assume that Neeld may have had cataracts..... :shock:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Kickit
Club Player

Thommo voted against sacking Blight.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Just a tip. Every coach is a unamimous decision even though I doubt that actually is the result of the voting. You have to come accros as united even if you arent.
Why?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Why?

Because you need a united board. Imagine going into a press conforence and saying we picked SW but 4 board members wanted Tom Harley.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: We had the most comprehensive coaching selection process in AFL history.
Yes, but think how much money we'll save in the future Con when we can just get SEN's resident Shock Jock to pick a name for us :)

mullet
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:IIRC Bruce Eva's problem at SEN wasn't with Mark Fine but with Mark Doran.
Correct. Mark Fine had nothing to do with Bruce Eva leaving SEN (or so i am reliably informed).

Oh and BM, Dr Spaceman is correct - the topic is wether Scott Watters should be immediately sacked and Alan Richardson take his place.

The reason many, including many others who have contacts at the club and dismiss this out of hand is because after three days of unsubstantiated rants by Mr Fine, he has not given one piece of evidence of heresay.

So Mr BigMart, as Dr Spaceman, on the available evidence are on Mark Fines side that Scott Watters should be immediately sacked?
How come Bruce Eva got the sack, left, or what ever

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?

Because you need a united board. Imagine going into a press conforence and saying we picked SW but 4 board members wanted Tom Harley.
But why mention it at all if everyone knows its crap, unless of course its true.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Why?

But why mention it at all if everyone knows its crap, unless of course its true.

They all say because not everyone does know it is crap. many would believe it and on occasions it would be true but on many occasions its just full blown lie. i have been on the coaching committee for our little small footy club and on some occasions it has been a split vote. When we go to the AGM we tell our members it a unanimious decision.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

How come Bruce Eva got the sack, left, or what ever
Dont want to say, but Mark Doran was the issue, not Mark Fine, who AFAIK had nothing to do with it.

Lance or James??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

However I do remember about halfway through last season him talkign about our lopsided list, our poor drafting from 2008-2010 and how some (he actually mentioned Michington I think) was 24 months off.

I took from that he knew exactly where we were and was starting the process of getting us prepped.
Well I reckon he was 90% clear. But left open 10% and thats all it takes for some dreamers to be disappointed when we didnt win the flag.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Well I reckon he was 90% clear. But left open 10% and thats all it takes for some dreamers to be disappointed when we didnt win the flag.

Well I disagree with both of you. Im sure at the start of this season he said the window wasnt closed. There was an article on it. it was soon apparent that was crap and it caused issues with older players at the club.

Kickit
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:unlike Melbourne where Garry Lyon just unilaterally goes on his gut feeling

He said so on the TV.

Haha, so if you get some of the stuff doctors use to dilate your pupils , you get the coaching gig at Melbourne, and Garry will probably buy you flowers as well.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

All I'm going to say is ask your third cousin.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Well I disagree with both of you. Im sure at the start of this season he said the window wasnt closed. There was an article on it. it was soon apparent that was crap and it caused issues with older players at the club.
I agree with you pluggs. Cant remember article but he did say a few conflicting/confusing things which probably didnt help players or fans with the adjustment to the new reality.
He should been 100% crystal clear from the get go we were in a rebuild.

Darth Vader
Club Player

I took from that he knew exactly where we were and was starting the process of getting us prepped.[/quote]

Well I reckon he was 90% clear. But left open 10% and thats all it takes for some dreamers to be disappointed when we didnt win the flag.[/quote]

Well I disagree with both of you. Im sure at the start of this season he said the window wasnt closed. There was an article on it. it was soon apparent that was crap and it caused issues with older players at the club.[/quote]

This is correct. In fact, part of his sell to the selection committee was that we didn't need a rebuild. And his appointment wasn't unanimous.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
True Believer wrote:

He said so on the TV.

Haha, so if you get some of the stuff doctors use to dilate your pupils , you get the coaching gig at Melbourne, and Garry will probably buy you flowers as well.
Gold :D :D :D :D
Hed definitely hire Julie Bishop.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: They all say because not everyone does know it is crap. many would believe it and on occasions it would be true but on many occasions its just full blown lie. i have been on the coaching committee for our little small footy club and on some occasions it has been a split vote. When we go to the AGM we tell our members it a unanimious decision.
The little one that the mighty Rovers beat on the weekend?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote: They all say because not everyone does know it is crap. many would believe it and on occasions it would be true but on many occasions its just full blown lie. i have been on the coaching committee for our little small footy club and on some occasions it has been a split vote. When we go to the AGM we tell our members it a unanimious decision.

Yep you guys killed us. Are you involved in any way. I met the Saints CFO terry Dillion at a function Friday and he said his son plays for you guys. he got injured though in the third quarter and was carried off.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Yep you guys killed us. Are you involved in any way. I met the Saints CFO terry Dillion at a function Friday and he said his son plays for you guys. he got injured though in the third quarter and was carried off.
Not anymore Plugger, used to play there a while back.

I went and had a look, pretty big crowd, you could barely walk a few meters before you bumped into a familiar face.