GWS to get pick 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: GWS to get pick 1

If the Griffin deal goes through then I would think that GWS would have no real need to draft Petraca so therefore would not really be interested in obtaining Pick 1?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:If the Griffin deal goes through then I would think that GWS would have no real need to draft Petraca so therefore would not really be interested in obtaining Pick 1?

Well they couldn't anyway unless they wanted to lose Cameron or similar. They cant get it on trade picks anymore which was obviously how it was going to be done. Still reckon they would want Petracca. You can never have enough good mids.

#gosaintas
Club Player

We know how we are going to get our first round picks. Armo and Steven are on the table. One or the other, or would we trade both? God we will be crap if we flick both.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:We know how we are going to get our first round picks. Armo and Steven are on the table. One or the other, or would we trade both? God we will be crap if we flick both.

Armo and Steven on the table? I wouldn't think so. How do you know this? Obviously every player is on the table for a very much overs pick but I certainly don't think Steven is on the table as such. Armo, well I don't know but Pelchen said no I think.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I'm still surprised that GWS haven't tried to get more quality players in and swap their picks rather than looking at just getting 'another pick #1'...surely what they need is more seasoned players close to their prime, like Griffen. Patful is a good player and will help, but It doesnn't surprise they've tried to nab a big fish, just surprised it took so long to eventuate and in such cloak and dagger fashion. They need more seasoned guns around their young guns.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:We know how we are going to get our first round picks. Armo and Steven are on the table. One or the other, or would we trade both? God we will be crap if we flick both.

Armo and Steven on the table? I wouldn't think so. How do you know this? Obviously every player is on the table for a very much overs pick but I certainly don't think Steven is on the table as such. Armo, well I don't know but Pelchen said no I think.

Brian Speaking on big footy said they were on the table. I think he's putting two and two together based on the reasoning that we are still supposedly getting a couple more high picks. For selfish reasons I hope we don't lose Jack, my kid is still a Saints fan but with crap results on field the only interest he has is watching Jack play. I had to keep promising he'd be back all season to keep him going to games. I'm freaking out that that will be it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I'm still surprised that GWS haven't tried to get more quality players in and swap their picks rather than looking at just getting 'another pick #1'...surely what they need is more seasoned players close to their prime, like Griffen. Patful is a good player and will help, but It doesnn't surprise they've tried to nab a big fish, just surprised it took so long to eventuate and in such cloak and dagger fashion. They need more seasoned guns around their young guns.

I tend to agree. They have an unbelievable 20 players who are 21yo! So they are going to be terrifying when the cream of this group are 25yo.

But they only have a few guys from 23-26yo which is what they need right now. So I am surprised they havent chased maybe 1 or 2 in that age group.
Easier said than done I guess because that is the age when clubs want to keep players and players cant leave via FA.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Hate to think Armo and Steven are on the table........aren't they in the exact window that we need....mid-20's emerging leaders with a huge group of 19-22 year olds behind them.

Nee!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

All moot now that McCartney is resigning - Griffin will stay, hence GWS trade should be back on?

Bulldogs may be even to get Jones etc to change their minds henec will Carlton will be more keen to get Jaksch.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

WinnersOnly wrote:All moot now that McCartney is resigning - Griffin will stay, hence GWS trade should be back on?

Bulldogs may be even to get Jones etc to change their minds henec will Carlton will be more keen to get Jaksch.
Bugger - Petracca is back to being a spud then.

I cant keep up with my own changing views - my head is just about to explode

You are garbage - Enough said
saint6709
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:All moot now that McCartney is resigning - Griffin will stay, hence GWS trade should be back on?

Bugger - Petracca is back to being a spud then.

I cant keep up with my own changing views - my head is just about to explode
:D :D :roll:

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Have absolutely no basis for this thought aside from perhaps being a little pessimistic this time of year, but moving Steven on is a very real possibility to occur within the next week IMO...

Would be a massive error and nothing like the McEvoy trade of last year, which it will be rationalised with, but I feel it's on the cards..

Armo I could understand, but losing Steven would shake my faith in the recruiting guys drastically.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Have absolutely no basis for this thought aside from perhaps being a little pessimistic this time of year, but moving Steven on is a very real possibility to occur within the next week IMO...

Would be a massive error and nothing like the McEvoy trade of last year, which it will be rationalised with, but I feel it's on the cards..

Armo I could understand, but losing Steven would shake my faith in the recruiting guys drastically.
Agree - based purely on footy ability to date, Steven has shown he can go to the next level, won a B+F, Armo hasn't (but opposition think he might - there is a gambling element involved here and be willing to pay overs what our boys rate him as)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

griffin wont stay
he cant now
if you want out you want out
cant go and do a backflip

he'll go to gws
imo

SideshowMilne
Club Player

Trading Steven is one of the more stupid ideas I can think of. On his own I doubt we'd received 2 picks inside 20, possibly one and a second string player. If we want class at the club, why would we trade class for a gamble and change.

Further with all these recognised players seeking out of established clubs, what kind of message would kissing Steven good bye be to Dunstan, Billings, Acres et al.

Crazy talk and its a blight on our forum and club just how many loyal fans want pie in the sky picks for our 2012 BnF winner.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:Trading Steven is one of the more stupid ideas I can think of. On his own I doubt we'd received 2 picks inside 20, possibly one and a second string player. If we want class at the club, why would we trade class for a gamble and change.

Further with all these recognised players seeking out of established clubs, what kind of message would kissing Steven good bye be to Dunstan, Billings, Acres et al.

Crazy talk and its a blight on our forum and club just how many loyal fans want pie in the sky picks for our 2012 BnF winner.
Id be shocked if we traded Jack.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:Trading Steven is one of the more stupid ideas I can think of. On his own I doubt we'd received 2 picks inside 20, possibly one and a second string player. If we want class at the club, why would we trade class for a gamble and change.

well said mate...i actually hate this time of year...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I wonder if we've stuck our head into the Beams deal??

If they're throwing up 4 and 25, but the 'Pies want players, not picks, have we got a way to find the middle ground??

Would Pelchen take 4 & 25 from Brisbane for Jack, who goes to Collingwood??

Or would the Filth look at someone else, Stanley or even Montagna (obviously neither is worth as much as Jack)

And before you grab your torches and pitchforks, this is purely a discussion topic - I'm not suggesting we do this.

amusingname
Club Player

St Chris wrote:I wonder if we've stuck our head into the Beams deal??

If they're throwing up 4 and 25, but the 'Pies want players, not picks, have we got a way to find the middle ground??

Or would the Filth look at someone else, Stanley or even Montagna (obviously neither is worth as much as Jack)

And before you grab your torches and pitchforks, this is purely a discussion topic - I'm not suggesting we do this.
Doubtful, as Collingwood want pick 5 and a top line player for beams. I would say that Jack would be rated about the same as Redden or Zorko, and the pies still wanted the pick when those guys were mentioned as possibles.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

where did the lions get pick 4 from.....?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

where did the lions get pick 4 from.....?
probably thinking Lions #4 prior to the Melbourne compo #3

Lions have #5 and #25 currently

You are garbage - Enough said
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

If we keep #1 and don't "Trade In" picks, would that mean that Schneider could be de-listed? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:If we keep #1 and don't "Trade In" picks, would that mean that Schneider could be de-listed? !!

Wouldnt the opposite be the true?

More picks = More new players = higher chance Schneider is de-listed.
Keep Pick 1 = Less new players = higher chance Schneider stays.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 10 Oct 2014 4:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:If we keep #1 and don't "Trade In" picks, would that mean that Schneider could be de-listed? !!
Is that a question or a statement?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Is that a question or a statement?
probably not....depends how many live picks we want...