Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I never understand this cost bugger all. TDL cost bugger all but my guess is we could have fluked a younger better player.
People don't understand opportunity cost. Picking up a mediocre player means that a) you waste a spot on your list, and b) you waste an opportunity to pick a kid in the draft. Especially when we won't be competing for the next two years minimum, there's no point rushing to get two tall defenders straight away.
Yes but you also have to fill all of the positions on the ground, with the best talent you can manage.

We have had no full back for 2 years now, just absurd. You need at least 2 guys on the list who are capable of playing such a vital position…

Delaney would be more useful than about half a dozen others on our list currently, like say 6 small forwards…

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote: Get both, we need more than 1, surely Delaney will cost SFA

lets get 5 then. One good defender is better than wasting a pick on a player who is getting an and done nothing. if we get smashed in the midfield it wont matter who we have down back and we are wasting a pick on someone who has done nothing. If we had many picks id get 5 of them but we dont have many picks. We need mids and then more mids and then more mids again.

I never understand this cost bugger all. TDL cost bugger all but my guess is we could have fluked a younger better player. Id rather keep ferguson than get Delaney.
We need KPB not flankers, I would rather cut Gwilt or Simpkin and get Delaney, Ferguson will struggle ever to be a KPB....
I would say it won't cost us a pick, but it may get Dal to north and we get their second round pick...might cost us a ledger or a Lever...
Have you even seen him play?
One of the reasons the Hawks lost a GF last year because they had no KPB depth, you need it, it will transform our structure immediately.
Delaney is no good, but a number of clubs enquired and north has another contract on the table, must be a number of terrible list managers going around....

We just signed Simpkin so he aint going anywhere and neither is Gwilt. They may in a year or two. ferguson could put on weight if they required him to and then would have as much chance as delaney. As pointed out there is no hurry to get 2 KPP this year especially an average player like Delaney. i have seen him play and he looks like an ordinary player.

Agree one of the reasons the Hawks lost is what you said. We are so far away from that id rather wait and hope to get a better KPP in a year ot 2. And you say there is interest in delaney but I guessing there is interest in many many players and not all will be any good. And of course list managers know more than me and just about everyone on here but that doesnt mean I have agree all the time. I didnt agree with TDL last year and that maybe right but i also wasnt sold on Roberton and that looks very wrong. Im happy to get bruce but IMO lets just wait a year or 2 and see what happens for another defender. Pretty sure there will be players with Delaney's record be up for trade in that period.

spot on
Club Player

what do u think bruce and Delaney would cost us? hearing we are into viv michie as well, and also myers. we are going to have to trade some players out to get picks from somewhere. surely sam fisher would be a great pick up at one of the top teams like north or tigers

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spot on wrote:what do u think bruce and Delaney would cost us? hearing we are into viv michie as well, and also myers. we are going to have to trade some players out to get picks from somewhere. surely sam fisher would be a great pick up at one of the top teams like north or tigers

If we get all those players I will spew up. Fisher is going to be a late second rounder at best. Id rather try to keep him and axe the idea of Delaney but i reckon that we will get delaney and may lose Fisher. As for what those 2 will cost i have no idea but i hope we dont get ripped off.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spot on wrote:what do u think bruce and Delaney would cost us? hearing we are into viv michie as well, and also myers. we are going to have to trade some players out to get picks from somewhere. surely sam fisher would be a great pick up at one of the top teams like north or tigers

If we get all those players I will spew up. Fisher is going to be a late second rounder at best. Id rather try to keep him and axe the idea of Delaney but i reckon that we will get delaney and may lose Fisher. As for what those 2 will cost i have no idea but i hope we dont get ripped off.
We normally do, what was Brown going to cost us last year???
I don't want Myers, surely Freo need to offload as well, maybe a swap of picks like we did for Ray should get us Michie...

sainterinsydney
Club Player

I really hope this Riewoldt deal is on the cards. Could we use him in a trade for Pick 1 for GWS? Or is that totally out of the question?

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Scuttle that--@LukeHolmesby 1m
"Nick Riewoldt will not be traded." - Chris Pelchen, St Kilda Head of Football.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:I really hope this Riewoldt deal is on the cards. Could we use him in a trade for Pick 1 for GWS? Or is that totally out of the question?

Yep lets just get rid of all our older stars. Wouldnt it be a great way to sell the club if we said over the last 2 years we lost Dal, Rooy, Joey, Chips and BJ. by the way we wouldnt get even close to pick one for Rooy. maybe pick 21.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Ox on SEN reckons Delaney is a 4th stringer and we would be mad to get him.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Ox on SEN reckons Delaney is a 4th stringer and we would be mad to get him.
Oh well, let's change tack then, the great mind has spoken...
He may well be surplus at North, but to us he is not....

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Witeout23 wrote:Saying on SEN now that Nick could go , that's Riewoldt not Dal Santo
My God there are some complete idiots out there just making stuff up .. :roll:

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

We'd be nuts to offload Joey, NDS or Roo ever, especially for GOP VFL players...we're heading into Melbourne experience trading away experienced players in good form that are effectively the fabric of the club...we'll be wanting to trade in 30 year old past stars with bung knees before we know it. I can't wait for this Delaney talk to disappear to be honest. Chips appears to be better, but I don't think we'll miss him greatly regardless.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

At worst Delaney will sure up our bleeding backline. I don't think he would be on a list still if he was no good. He might just need an opportunity although I would prefer Bruce.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
Witeout23 wrote:Saying on SEN now that Nick could go , that's Riewoldt not Dal Santo
Making it up or putting it on the radio, whose the idiot???

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
Apparently Ablett wants out of the GC Suns and has named us as his preferred club - something to do with a symmetrical brain order and needing to even things out by playing footy on the other side of the bay

Also have it on very good authority that Cotchin wants out of the Tigers and wants to come to the St Kilda because like St Kilda and Seaford his name is also made up of 7 letters - I was also informed that he really has an attachment to the word "Peninsula" because like the word "Buckenera" as in Gary it just rolls of the tongue and it gives him a pleasant sensation.

More news to follow ......

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:At worst Delaney will sure up our bleeding backline. I don't think he would be on a list still if he was no good. He might just need an opportunity although I would prefer Bruce.
Hate to use the poor guy as an example, but how long was Howard on our list? North haven't been a terribly spoilt team for depth for about a decade, so I don't trust their B-graders. I'd rather see the club take such a risk with Bruce, but certainly hope were looking seriously at Pears for a KP back.

spot on
Club Player

not keen on Delaney, unless it was for a 4th rounder or free, think bruce would be a good get. had my eye on him all year. I think myers would fit us well, only 24 and looks coming into his peak after his injurys. would of thought adams would be high on our list as well. surely would could offer him a bit more cash then most of the other clubs atm

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spot on wrote:not keen on Delaney, unless it was for a 4th rounder or free, think bruce would be a good get. had my eye on him all year. I think myers would fit us well, only 24 and looks coming into his peak after his injurys. would of thought adams would be high on our list as well. surely would could offer him a bit more cash then most of the other clubs atm

We are looking at older less skilled players at the moment. By the way that is apparently.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Delaney, according to my three North Melbourne work colleagues, is not much chop, and they all had a giggle about us chasing him. That's three supporters who follow North with passion, and none of them think Delaney is any good. I choose to believe them.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Fisher not to GWS anymore?

Thought SOS wanted him?
Something to do with the quality of drugs being inferior .... or something like that

maverick
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Delaney, according to my three North Melbourne work colleagues, is not much chop, and they all had a giggle about us chasing him. That's three supporters who follow North with passion, and none of them think Delaney is any good. I choose to believe them.
And I spoke to another North supporter who coaches local footy that reckons he has had no chance to show anything at senior level and think he goes OK.
For what we will pay he is worth a go, we need a key back, putting all our eggs in Bruce could end up like the mess we went through last year...paying way overs of missing out altogether....

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

sainterinsydney wrote:Scuttle that--@LukeHolmesby 1m
"Nick Riewoldt will not be traded." - Chris Pelchen, St Kilda Head of Football.

We've gone from the comms guy tweeting it to having to issue a full denial of a completely stupid rumour on the club website ...

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-09-3 ... ay-a-saint

Lordy. I hate this time of year.

Always loyal
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Reckon it could be something like -

Dal and a swap of 3rd round picks for Delaney and Norths 2nd round pick and then we will on trade the 2nd round pick we get from North to GWS for Bruce

So we still get to keep our 1st and 2nd round picks - get Bruce and Delaney - downgrade our 3rd round pick and lose Dal

Just a random way off the mark guess

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Reckon it could be something like -

Dal and a swap of 3rd round picks for Delaney and Norths 2nd round pick and then we will on trade the 2nd round pick we get from North to GWS for Bruce

So we still get to keep our 1st and 2nd round picks - get Bruce and Delaney - downgrade our 3rd round pick and lose Dal

Just a random way off the mark guess

I would think that's pretty spot on.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I worry about going for both Delaney and Bruce...both risks, neither may pay off, losing NDS would be a major downside to the equation.