Dustin Martin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Dustin Martin

If was was married to either of those girls, or they were my daughters I would be far more pissed off with Hamish

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:If was was married to either of those girls, or they were my daughters I would be far more pissed off with Hamish
Really? why?

Because he had his hands on her? Was Hamish being sleazy or was he mucking around with a colleague? All in how you read it I guess. Was the weather girl offended? She said she wasn't and admitted that they were friends AND it was a joke. Even so he apologised in person to her (with sincerity) as he realised that some may have taken it the wrong way, and possibly there was a slight chance that the weather girl did as well.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I agree about the genuine apology from Hamish compared to Gayle's token apology.
If you see the still photos the weather girl was pissed off as it happened. I think the reason the weather girl brushed it off is because it was her first day in a new career. Mel was furious because she has had years of solid work and deserves respect.
The media loved turning on Gayle, I wonder if they will turn on their own. I doubt it.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:I agree about the genuine apology from Hamish compared to Gayle's token apology.
If you see the still photos the weather girl was pissed off as it happened. I think the reason the weather girl brushed it off is because it was her first day in a new career. Mel was furious because she has had years of solid work and deserves respect.
The media loved turning on Gayle, I wonder if they will turn on their own. I doubt it.
Ha. Still photographs can reveal whatever the author wants them to. I agree that being first day on the job makes her very vulnerable and less likely to make a fuss. Was poor judgement in that respect by Hamish, however I don't think it was the same thing.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
Your comment still had racist overtones as does the one above.
What would you say if I said that the whole overblown sorry saga had racist overtones to me.

A whole bunch of uptight whities getting offended because a good looking rich talented black guy had the nerve to ask a pretty white girl to share a drink with him should his side be fortunate enough to win.

Because that is exactly what happened.
Disagree that there's any connection with Gayle being black in people condemning behaviour. Certainly not in my corner.
His behaviour was inappropriate. Not wildly so IMO, but inappropriate nevertheless. Maybe Chris, if you want to ask her out, do it off camera with some respect.

The subsequent allegation of Gayle exposing himself to a woman in the changing room, is just that. An allegation. Some on here, especially 'gosainters', have completely failed to see the difference between a woman walking into a change room and coming across a naked man and that man deliberately exposing himself to her with a lewd comment. It now turns out that West Indies management was aware of 'issues' during that tour connected with sexual harrassment of a woman in the change room. But the way that allegation was slapped down out of hand as 'opportunistic' by Gayle's franchise boss, speaks about the culture of entrenched closed ranks boys' club that dominates sporting culture. And it's a fact that that culture is dominated by middle aged white men who guard their establishment territory with their blokey banter and sexist culture.
You are free to disagree all you like, because the truth may be pretty confronting. Your last sentence is racial stereotyping at its worst. IMHFO that is.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:If was was married to either of those girls, or they were my daughters I would be far more pissed off with Hamish
It was a staged setup. They both were taking the piss out of the Chris Gayle affair.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
What would you say if I said that the whole overblown sorry saga had racist overtones to me.

A whole bunch of uptight whities getting offended because a good looking rich talented black guy had the nerve to ask a pretty white girl to share a drink with him should his side be fortunate enough to win.

Disagree that there's any connection with Gayle being black in people condemning behaviour. Certainly not in my corner.
His behaviour was inappropriate. Not wildly so IMO, but inappropriate nevertheless. Maybe Chris, if you want to ask her out, do it off camera with some respect.

The subsequent allegation of Gayle exposing himself to a woman in the changing room, is just that. An allegation. Some on here, especially 'gosainters', have completely failed to see the difference between a woman walking into a change room and coming across a naked man and that man deliberately exposing himself to her with a lewd comment. It now turns out that West Indies management was aware of 'issues' during that tour connected with sexual harrassment of a woman in the change room. But the way that allegation was slapped down out of hand as 'opportunistic' by Gayle's franchise boss, speaks about the culture of entrenched closed ranks boys' club that dominates sporting culture. And it's a fact that that culture is dominated by middle aged white men who guard their establishment territory with their blokey banter and sexist culture.
You are free to disagree all you like, because the truth may be pretty confronting. Your last sentence is racial stereotyping at its worst. IMHFO that is.

"Truth may be pretty confronting." "Racial stereotyping"....... Seriously LOL......

Sport is big business and is controlled by establishment boys' clubs who defend their territory at all costs. It's dominated by middle aged white men. Take a moment to look at the CA website, their board, their broadcast and commercial partners. Wall to wall middle aged white men dominated commercial interests.......So no surprise that a woman suggesting Gayle exposed himself to her is slapped down by one of the establishment foot soldiers.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: "Truth may be pretty confronting." "Racial stereotyping"....... Seriously LOL......

Sport is big business and is controlled by establishment boys' clubs who defend their territory at all costs. It's dominated by middle aged white men. Take a moment to look at the CA website, their board, their broadcast and commercial partners. Wall to wall middle aged white men dominated commercial interests.......So no surprise that a woman suggesting Gayle exposed himself to her is slapped down by one of the establishment foot soldiers.
It It may be true that the majority of the establishment are white men.

But in regards to this guy's response to the Gayle allegations it's his position that's relevant; not the skin colour that may have helped him achieve that very position.

When you repeatedly refer to white males it does suggest racial overtones, even if they're not intentional.

The guy's comments are representative of the establishment and the need to protect the interests of the establishment. To protect those interests he's actually defending a black man. And if a black man had overcome the obstacles and risen to the top job with the Renegades then he'd probably do the same thing. Because that's what his employers would probably expect.

And of course this would be wrong.

Being white may help a person get to the top, but the reasons for their misplaced defence of Gayle has little to do with skin colour and a hellavu lot to do with commerciality and profits.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: When you repeatedly refer to white males it does suggest racial overtones, even if they're not intentional.

The guy's comments are representative of the establishment and the need to protect the interests of the establishment. To protect those interests he's actually defending a black man. And if a black man had overcome the obstacles and risen to the top job with the Renegades then he'd probably do the same thing. Because that's what his employers would probably expect.

And of course this would be wrong.

Being white may help a person get to the top, but the reasons for their misplaced defence of Gayle has little to do with skin colour and a hellavu lot to do with commerciality and profits.
OK, I see what you mean. Maybe consider what I'm saying in the context of Michael Moore's, "Stupid White Men".......What I'm aiming at is not the skin colour, but the blind arrogance and commercial cynicism of the establishment and of those in their employ that toe the party line. The "White Man" tag to me suggests a stereotypical, patriarchal establishment figure rather than it being about the actual skin colour as an issue. But I can see how it could be read that way. Point taken.

To suggest I'm racist against white men is missing my point though. I'm a white man....without the stupid epithet.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

24 pages on Dustin martin? he is a dill.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:

"Truth may be pretty confronting." "Racial stereotyping"....... Seriously LOL......

Again racist stereotyping. And Gayle is suing anybody who publishes those unsubstantiated allegations by some unnamed unknown female.

markp
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:A whole bunch of uptight whities
Pot. Kettle. Ummm.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

So what's he done wrong?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Pot. Kettle. Ummm.

No. Just facts Telling it just like it is. As against denigrating a whole bunch of sports administrators without any facts to back it up.

markp
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
Pot. Kettle. Ummm.

No. Just facts Telling it just like it is. As against denigrating a whole bunch of sports administrators without any facts to back it up.

Ok.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Now would be a good time for Richmond to release their punishment for Dusty.

6 weeks suspension & a $20,000 fine donated to the female victims of chopstick threats from men organisation - the narky saki foundation

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

On FC, it has been suggested that there will be no punishment and that Rich/AFL's investigation suggests that Dusty never threatened the lady with the chopsticks or made any other type of threatening gesture.

Interesting turn of events

Turns out that we shouldn't have judged Dusty w/o all the facts.

#gosaintas
Club Player

That would be pretty embarrassing for this board's merry band of hand wringers. Some people just love to be outraged.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Well i expect Markp and JB etc. will smugly point out how wrong we were to consider that Dusty was in the wrong w/o knowing the facts...

markp
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Well i expect Markp and JB etc. will smugly point out how wrong we were to consider that Dusty was in the wrong w/o knowing the facts...
Yeah coz now we know all the facts.

After 6 weeks of investigating, an apology, reporting it to police, someone at the club has now told caro (who does she support again?) nothing happened, and she repeats this late on the night of possibly the biggest story in afl history.

Ok.

I prefaced from the start "if the incident happened as reported...", but personally I'd take this latest 'report' with two grains of salt instead of just one.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The statement should absolutely be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks for clarifying... It's good that your 6 word preface clarifies that you were interpreting the facts as reported without knowing all of the information as opposed to the rest of us that were making absolute and definitive statements thinking that we knew everything as opposed to considering "if the incident happened as reported".

It's great that your preface puts that into context... Because that really needed to be said.

Now we absolutely understand that there is not a double standard of your condemnation of the forumites that suggested that the lady's course of action may not have been the best because we don't know all of the facts (and that this is apportioning blame to the victim apparently) with your judgment of Dusty without knowing all the facts.

It's made all of difference

markp
Saintsational Legend

You're still upset huh?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Not upset at all.

I just caught that line in your previous response, thought it was interesting in the context of your previous posts on the topic and was fascinated to see how you would respond.

You opted for subterfuge. Doesn't take a genius to read between the lines.

markp
Saintsational Legend

No it shouldn't take a genius.

What I repeatedly said was some people were challenging her choice of actions without knowing what they were or why she took them and seemingly attributed fault, when there was nothing she could have said to attribute any blame to her, or warrant, or justify her being threatened with stabbing and killing.

You took exception to this, and while I was kinda heartbroken at the time I've since gotten over it and moved on.

#gosaintas
Club Player

markp wrote:No it shouldn't take a genius.

What I repeatedly said was some people were challenging her choice of actions without knowing what they were or why she took them and seemingly attributed fault, when there was nothing she could have said to attribute any blame to her, or warrant, or justify her being threatened with stabbing and killing.

You took exception to this, and while I was kinda heartbroken at the time I've since gotten over it and moved on.

Another outraged hand wringer now too embarrassed to admit you were sucked in. Pathetic. I'll kill you with my chopsticks! PC correctness strikes again and has another victim.