Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

defacto
Club Player

Re: Finey on SEN

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Kickit wrote:
From my side I'll be looking for improvement of young players ( which should be the priority right now ). Some of Ross, Newnes, Ledger, Sippos need to have a breakout.
I'd also be hoping to see a coherent game plan start to take shape.
it might take longer for that to happen ... at the moment i get the feel Scott is still experimenting with game plans while we dont really have the cattle to carryout any real plan as yet ... when Lyon came in to the club he had a core of players to build a game plane around at this stage Scott doesnt have that he has group of exiting former stars and a group of developing kids , a real game plan canont be worked out in my opinion until you have the core of the team settled , in my opinion we are still a year or two from that
nailed it trav

scott could be alan jeans mk2 and he couldnt do anything with this list. it is absolutely shot. scott did well to get them where they got last year.

scott will need 2-3 years before he has the cattle to do something with

for those saying end of next year we will be able to make a call. please remember the club is forecasting and even poorer result next year

mohannair
Club Player

Finey will be furious, when we announce contract extension to Scotty next week.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is that the word?

Before trade week?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Is that the word?

Before trade week?

according to sunday session, co-written by those illustrious journos... :roll: :roll: :roll: ....clark, mcfarlane and ralph....scotty will get his contract extended within weeks, despite rumblings of unrest from that wanker fine......

..according to those guys watters is aware of the rumblings but believes he has strong support across the palayer group.......also reckons hutchison was sacked.....rather than walked

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
defacto
Club Player

Before trade week?
thats what i have heard as well.

fineys comments may have pushed it over the line. his whole rant just showed why a contract extension is needed

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

St Trav mentioned SW experimenting with game plans.
Well- fitness and high skill levels are essential to execute a game plan.
Players need to be fit enough to run to the right spots.
Skilful enough to get the ball, or if an opponent has it, get it off him.
Then skills needed to kick/handball correctly.
Suggest IMHO our side is a work in progress, will take a while for them to accept/buy into the game plan, then learning to execute properly.
Problem with young ones is, can't overload them with too much info, confuses them.
Seen lots of young players get the ball, then get caught when they overthink rather than go with instinct.
Has to be drilled incessantly, this takes time.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
mordi
Club Player

25 pages for Fineys rant ?!?!?

What's the Point of it All?
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

will soon make it to 26

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Before trade week?

according to sunday session, co-written by those illustrious journos... :roll: :roll: :roll: ....clark, mcfarlane and ralph....scotty will get his contract extended within weeks, despite rumblings of unrest from that wanker fine......

..according to those guys watters is aware of the rumblings but believes he has strong support across the palayer group.......also reckons hutchison was sacked.....rather than walked
I didn't bother listening to the finey rant, can you tell me who, or which group of players are not happy with watters?. I always thought he had all the young players on his side.

I think he is doing as much as can be done with a list that was destroyed by poor recruiting and would be happy enough for him to be extended. Does finey have enough inside knowledge of the club to make these calls?, or is he like many on her who rant about watters, pelchen and nettlefold without any inside knowledge

I love this club
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
stinger wrote:

Before trade week?

I didn't bother listening to the finey rant, can you tell me who, or which group of players are not happy with watters?. I always thought he had all the young players on his side.

I think he is doing as much as can be done with a list that was destroyed by poor recruiting and would be happy enough for him to be extended. Does finey have enough inside knowledge of the club to make these calls?, or is he like many on her who rant about watters, pelchen and nettlefold without any inside knowledge

I heard him nearly blowing his load about freo and the Dockers. He always mentions that he was just about the coach when Ross Lyon was there. He seems to believe he had access all areas and was in the inner sanctum. He actually makes me embarrassed for him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
stinger wrote:

I heard him nearly blowing his load about freo and the Dockers. He always mentions that he was just about the coach when Ross Lyon was there. He seems to believe he had access all areas and was in the inner sanctum. He actually makes me embarrassed for him.

Why do you listen to him then?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
stinger wrote:

Before trade week?

stuffed if i know.......scott reckons he has the players on side...fine is a pecker head...imho...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Kickit
Club Player

Hopefully Watters and Pelchen are at odds like the Liberal party ( ie Howard / Costello ) as opposed to the Labor party ( ie Gillard, Rudd, Shorten and sharp knives ).

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

nice analogy that one!....OR like Beva & Finey? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

About half way through 2012 Finey said that he thought Freo had really poor players and that it's list was pathetic or words to that effect. Granted they were in a slump but it shows how wrong he can be.

Finey, you were WRONG!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hmmmmm

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:hmmmmm
Yes Fine should be proud of himself. He was the first SEN muppet to flay the Saints with no proof, no source and no reason. Seems like the rest of them got the memo to keep spouting crap about the Saints.

Let see

Sack Watter and replace him with Richardson

All Saints senior players are leaving

Dal gone
Dal staying
Joey leaving
Joey staying
Mark Allen has "information" Roo is available
Roo never on the table

Watters sacked
Watters not sacked.

All from SEN.

Forgive me if I dont have the same confidence as you with SEN and there "experts" professionalism, or integrity

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
maverick
Saintsational Legend

The o Lyon o e gone at the moment is finey thank ef for that .

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I don't have much confidence with just about anything thing to do with footy atm.

just sayin...where theres smoke.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I don't have much confidence with just about anything thing to do with footy atm.

possibly, just cant get over the completely wrong crap they have been spouting this week.

Any full review will get noses out of joint.

Sound like some disgruntled ex employees due to it

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I don't have much confidence with just about anything thing to do with footy atm.

possibly, just cant get over the completely wrong crap they have been spouting this week.

Any full review will get noses out of joint.

Sound like some disgruntled ex employees due to it
no doubt.....
as I have said earlier in this thread I don't take much notice of what the media say...the influence of the media over the last federal election has probably put me off the media full stop...but...blokes like Finey are in the know to a certain degree so when they say something the ears prick up. I listen (to SEN Rarely) but take with a grain of salt. It appears though that the rumblings may have some merit in this case.
either way I , like you hope that the powers sort this out , we do well in the next draft and hit the field in 2014 in good shape.

kalsaint
Club Player

Greg T wrote:Finley's a big time saints man.
Well connected in the media,and tells it like it is.
He's well informed on events at the club .
I've listened to him for years ,and love him or hate he's really keen
On the saints, and he's no dill ...
If he said it ,it wasn't for ratings,he's in the know...
Has anyone got a thread of what he said?
If he is the same as the bloke on channel 7 bringing dirt on the Bombers during the drug scandal I would say he is just beefing up his image. A lot of what he says is not based on fact.
He acts like a snake oil salesman to me and just enhances my opinion of how media men act like cretins at times for a story.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
The Fireman wrote:go for it Finey...mad Sainter....believe me I know.
Go for what though Firey? What's his aim? To get Watters sacked? Why exactly? And does he know what he's talking about with 100% accuracy.

Because unless he's sure of his facts then all he's doing is potentially damaging an already damaged club.

And if that's the case I don't give a rat's toss bag about how passionate he is.
TBH I didn't hear what he said but I know he has his heart in the right place, like you and me he has an opinion the difference being more people hear his opinion but the smart realise that's all it is, an opinion.
I know how much he loves the Saints and know how his passion sometimes exposes him to scrutiny but he would never knowingly do anything to damage the club.

Loose cannon ? Shock Jock? maybe but a danger to the club he is not.
I disagree. I don't care much for his passionate or commentary about the club in the public domain. What he is doing is exactly the opposite to what you say (unknowingly destroying the club). He is a loose cannon and especially a shock jock and that in itself destroys the club. Lets not get the facts in the way of a good story here.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

kalsaint
Club Player

Just a tip. Every coach is a unamimous decision even though I doubt that actually is the result of the voting. You have to come accros as united even if you arent.[/quote]

Why?[/quote]

Because you need a united board. Imagine going into a press conforence and saying we picked SW but 4 board members wanted Tom Harley.[/quote]

For those who don't understand why Plugger suggested that unity line above, take a look at the Labour party results recently and then watch a video (Saving Private Ryan) and forward to the extract where the platoon were questioning leadership and asking Tom Hanks how he would handle the situation. Pure gold in leadership terms.

This is what management and corporate do. This is what Ross did with the Bubble. Even Eddy and Bucks recently told Collingwood to put club before the man.

kalsaint
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
maverick wrote:
The Fireman wrote:yep serious..members of the media have bagged their own clubs over the years,possibly due to thier own frustrations, if you can't see that then sorry pal...take it up with Finey...look forwrd to the transcript.
SO just show me Caro's articles on the recent Tiger issues, just one?
What about Newman, where's his call for the coach to be sacked.
Look forward to seeing some links...pal
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 2tv7j.html
Don't really see this being of serious nature to the clubs outlook or leadership. Looks like an article on a rogue player and is not related to a club problem other than the club not broadcasting any recommendations to not seek out unflavoured friends.
Caro seems reasonably positive to the clubs position as does the survey shown.