Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Who the HELL????

Bluthy wrote:Oh for gods sake drop the faux outrage. Where you there? No, so maybe shut up until you know anything. It was just a stupid prank or an accident or "inadvertent". They shouldn't have done it but the guy doesn't sound hurt. Probably just drumming up business for his wheelchair/kebab company. There were probably just passing him a kebab because he couldn't reach the counter and he accidently fell out. What a beat up. I'm sure we'll see him on ACA cashing in. Sponsors don't care about drunk players assaulting wheelchair bound people. Jeez, you've lived a sheltered life. Have you been to Mad Mondays? We once set fire to a wheelchair bound man and toasted marshmallows on him. Bit of fun and we felt good because we being INCLUSIVE in our activities. Now THAT is affirmative action. Apparently the players emailed him telling him they wouldn't pay for his kebab because he wasn't much fun that night. Fair enough too. Sometimes clubs need to make a stand so they don't get pushed around by these moochers on society. Its his own fault for being a figure of fun by rolling around in a wheelchair all the time. Get some dignity mate and then maybe we'll treat you right. Fair Dinkum! Lets move on already.
Actually, if you extract your cranium from your nether regions for a moment, no-one here denied unacceptable behaviour. What they mostly seemed to be saying was that it was not a "hate crime" and it was ridden like a racehorse by the media. In other words a very minor incident of stupid behaviour was blown out of all proportion for an attention grabbing headline - I realise that is simpy unchartered territory for the press, but there you go.

And correct me if I miss the mark, but mnost reasonable people would see a signifcant difference between a juvenile prank and assault !!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Oh for gods sake drop the faux outrage. Where you there? No, so maybe shut up until you know anything. It was just a stupid prank or an accident or "inadvertent". They shouldn't have done it but the guy doesn't sound hurt. Probably just drumming up business for his wheelchair/kebab company. There were probably just passing him a kebab because he couldn't reach the counter and he accidently fell out. What a beat up. I'm sure we'll see him on ACA cashing in. Sponsors don't care about drunk players assaulting wheelchair bound people. Jeez, you've lived a sheltered life. Have you been to Mad Mondays? We once set fire to a wheelchair bound man and toasted marshmallows on him. Bit of fun and we felt good because we being INCLUSIVE in our activities. Now THAT is affirmative action. Apparently the players emailed him telling him they wouldn't pay for his kebab because he wasn't much fun that night. Fair enough too. Sometimes clubs need to make a stand so they don't get pushed around by these moochers on society. Its his own fault for being a figure of fun by rolling around in a wheelchair all the time. Get some dignity mate and then maybe we'll treat you right. Fair Dinkum! Lets move on already.
Actually, if you extract your cranium from your nether regions for a moment, no-one here denied unacceptable behaviour. What they mostly seemed to be saying was that it was not a "hate crime" and it was ridden like a racehorse by the media. In other words a very minor incident of stupid behaviour was blown out of all proportion for an attention grabbing headline - I realise that is simpy unchartered territory for the press, but there you go.

And correct me if I miss the mark, but mnost reasonable people would see a signifcant difference between a juvenile prank and assault !!
I like that phrase "unacceptable behaviour" - nice catchall that could cover any sort of behaviour from cheeky to criminal - as good as "inadvertent" and "unfortunate incident". I totally agree with you its the newspapers fault on this one wanting to get "information" out to the public. How dare they. And the "disabled" (can I use that word, jeez?) dude for making a mountain out of a molehill. And the Kebab place for putting so much garlic sauce on those things - makes you do weird things. I suppose the players may have some responsibility with their "unacceptable behaviour" (nice one :wink: ). Oh and what's wrong with calling someone a retard? I did it at school all the time and we grew up ok. Hardens you up. Its political correctness gone mad. This generation is bloody soft.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm hearing a name, will test the lions if its remotely true

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I don't imagine his new headline would cause Andy to laugh his head off!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

You're embarrassing yourself Bluthy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Renae Henry ‏@renaehenry10
Brisbane Lions confirm player being investigated over wheelchair assault. Lawyer has named Daniel Rich @tennewsqld

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Renae Henry ‏@renaehenry10
Brisbane Lions confirm player being investigated over wheelchair assault. Lawyer has named Daniel Rich @tennewsqld

And the Saints connection? Our very own Con wanted to recruit him!

(Sorry mate; just too good to pass up :P )

Con Gorozidis wrote:Daniel Rich is currently out of contract.

Daniel Rich is from Subiaco

Scott Watters coached Daniel Rich at Subiaco in back to back premierships.

Things cant be happy up at Brisbane

We have a sh*tload of room in our salary cap and are desperate for a midfielder (or 3)

I know its a dream - BUT MAKE IT HAPPEN SAINTS

Hes definitely Captain material

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80609&hilit=Rich

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Looks like the focus is about to switch to another AFL club  :shock:

http://couriermail.com.au/news/queensla ... 6712968889
Not exactly. Every article and news report on this is including a big slab linking in our "unfortunate incident". We're chained together on this now. Clintons is the gift that just keeps on giving. What did he get a $3000 fine? Yeah that'll hurt him.

Middo
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Renae Henry ‏@renaehenry10

What's happened to the good old days of picking on normal people ..??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I can just see the headlines:

Possible Saints Recruit Beats up Dude in a Wheelchair

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:You're embarrassing yourself Bluthy.

actually thought he was amusing....silly me.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Kickit
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:I can just see the headlines:

Possible Saints Recruit Beats up Dude in a Wheelchair
FOOTBALLER who sometimes played against STKILDA BEATS UP INNOCENT CRIPPLE who was no better able to defend himself than a SCHOOLGIRL. We'd also like to use the wordRAPE even thought there is no plausible reason to do so. [/size]

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Can we all now please put into perspective what Clint Jones did compared to what Daniel Rich has, allegedly, done?
One played a silly prank that was laughed off at the time and, only after not being recompensed for damaged clothes, took action and went public.
The other, allegedly, abused and assaulted someone in a wheelchair, took their maxi-cab and threw food at him.

Who really took advantage of a disabled person?

MarkinUSA, I expect that you're all over this one!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so has anyone acttually contacted the club?

seems someone on BF did and recieved email response and call from player.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s ... 67/page-14

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:so has anyone acttually contacted the club?

seems someone on BF did and recieved email response and call from player.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s ... 67/page-14

Yes 17 players took time off there leave to ring all the supporters who rang the club since the incident so if anyone here complained you should have received a phone call by now.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Check your emails

saintkellerm
Club Player

just did.....does that mean they will send this out everytime we make a mistake.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Message from the players...

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2013-09- ... orkstation
Well this is something I guess. I do appreciate them giving up their holidays to make a statement as a team. Means they finally understand the seriousness of it. I like the straight forwardness of "Its not the St Kilda you want, its not the St Kilda we want". Good to hear. But at the moment they are just words. Need follow through with some resources to head these things off at the pass. The next gen of leadership has to raise the bar and be willing to stand up when they see something has potential to go wrong. Strength through loyalty doesn't mean mindless going with the herd. It means have courage to do what is best for the club. Maybe the club needs to try Leading Teams - Lyon wasn't a fan apparently seems to have worked at some other clubs.

Liked seeing Jack leading the way off the field as well as on. Next captain?

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I have an online petition to start disability awareness training for AFL footballers. Not just St Kilda. Feel free to sign.
https://www.change.org/petitions/demand ... ootballers

And yes, I've been in touch with 50 people already, and disability organizations, about the alleged attack on the wheelchair user by a Brisbane Lions player. So please sign the petition. It's people power that makes the strongest statements.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Kickit
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:

Well this is something I guess. I do appreciate them giving up their holidays to make a statement as a team. Means they finally understand the seriousness of it. I like the straight forwardness of "Its not the St Kilda you want, its not the St Kilda we want". Good to hear. But at the moment they are just words. Need follow through with some resources to head these things off at the pass. The next gen of leadership has to raise the bar and be willing to stand up when they see something has potential to go wrong. Strength through loyalty doesn't mean mindless going with the herd. It means have courage to do what is best for the club. Maybe the club needs to try Leading Teams - Lyon wasn't a fan apparently seems to have worked at some other clubs.

And it was non-specific, so they can save money by using the same video for the next pre-season embarrassment.

Kickit
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:I have an online petition to start disability awareness training for AFL footballers. Not just St Kilda. Feel free to sign.
https://www.change.org/petitions/demand ... ootballers

And yes, I've been in touch with 50 people already, and disability organizations, about the alleged attack on the wheelchair user by a Brisbane Lions player. So please sign the petition. It's people power that makes the strongest statements.
Of course you have.
You must really enjoy congratulating yourself.

I wont sign it , because , like general society its only a few flogs in the AFL who would act this way. Generalising is where racism and discrimination comes from, and its what you are doing.
CJ doesn't need disability awareness, he needs fire safety awareness.
Should I start a partition and see how many dwarves object to being classed as disabled?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

And it was non-specific, so they can save money by using the same video for the next pre-season embarrassment.
:lol: could use until Lenny retires. Maybe even send out after bad losses.

Just heard on radio the lads are staying off the booze at the b&f. Again another significant act that makes a statement as a team. Maybe some good is coming of this after all.
Last edited by Bluthy on Fri 06 Sep 2013 5:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote: CJ doesn't need disability awareness, he needs fire safety awareness.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Had heard the story about Daniel Rich earlier today so went on herald sun website to see what the go is.

First I found "Saints sorry for Monday Madness" accompanied by a picture of stkilda players training.

Further down I find"Disabled man tells of AFL star attack" with a picture of a person in a wheel chair.

Sorry but why isnt the Brisbane lions name, and brand featured everywhere as ours was earlier this week.

And the apology from our players features ahead of this.

Wish we were afforded the same