We can't accept 3-5 after Round 8...so...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: We can't accept 3-5 after Round 8...so...

From Dec 2 (most recent I could find)
Here: https://www.zerohanger.com/best-22-proj ... e-36763/3/

North Melbourne
B: Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant, Ed Vickers-Willis

HB: Jasper Pittard, Majak Daw, Shaun Atley

C: Jared Polec, Ben Cunnington, Trent Dumont

HF: Mason Wood, Nick Larkey, Tarryn Thomas

F: Cameron Zurhaar, Ben Brown, Jack Ziebell

FOLL: Todd Goldstein, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Shaun Higgins

I/C: Ben Jacobs, Jed Anderson, Aaron Hall, Jy Simpkin

Some coming-of-age midfielders are scattered across the interchange, pushing out the likes of Dom Tyson and Paul Ahern, for now.

Former Power duo Pittard and Polec are coming off career-best seasons, and there’s plenty of room for midfield space throughout this side.

North fans will be eager to see more out of promising athletes Larkey, Thomas, Zurhaar, Simpkin and LDU next season.

Down back, it’ll be intriguing to see if Majak Daw can return to the height of his powers and become a damaging force in front of key defender Robbie Tarrant.

This squad may very well push for finals, and could surprise a few teams moving forward.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
stkfc1
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 13 Jan 2020 2:53pm From Dec 2 (most recent I could find)
Here: https://www.zerohanger.com/best-22-proj ... e-36763/3/

North Melbourne
B: Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant, Ed Vickers-Willis

HB: Jasper Pittard, Majak Daw, Shaun Atley

C: Jared Polec, Ben Cunnington, Trent Dumont

HF: Mason Wood, Nick Larkey, Tarryn Thomas

F: Cameron Zurhaar, Ben Brown, Jack Ziebell

FOLL: Todd Goldstein, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Shaun Higgins

I/C: Ben Jacobs, Jed Anderson, Aaron Hall, Jy Simpkin

Some coming-of-age midfielders are scattered across the interchange, pushing out the likes of Dom Tyson and Paul Ahern, for now.

Former Power duo Pittard and Polec are coming off career-best seasons, and there’s plenty of room for midfield space throughout this side.

North fans will be eager to see more out of promising athletes Larkey, Thomas, Zurhaar, Simpkin and LDU next season.

Down back, it’ll be intriguing to see if Majak Daw can return to the height of his powers and become a damaging force in front of key defender Robbie Tarrant.

This squad may very well push for finals, and could surprise a few teams moving forward.
One thing I see is that we now have the leg speed to match North. We always look slow (cause we were) against them. Hill and Jones balances that out. Their backs better than our forward line but I reckon out backs are better than their forwards also. Brown the obvious one we need to keep quiet.

So it comes down to midfield (surprise, surprise). Cunnington is a gun but Steele can go with him. We may need Ryder first up to help Marshall against an aging Goldstein. In tandem, we can curb his influence and he won't be able to go with Marshall around the ground. Hopefully we'll see Gresh, Billings and co come out and stamp their authority on the game. Would be nice to see Hanners play a blinder first up also. Also H. Clark 3 votes.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 11 Jan 2020 8:23am
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 02 Jan 2020 12:42pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Thu 02 Jan 2020 12:15pm
Including last year Sydney will miss the finals for 8 consecutive years. This I can guarantee.
Ok...I’ll take that. One only hears about the great culture up there etc.,

Other teams fans will be looking for weak cracks in our presentation too.

One thing I never thought of until today, will the departure of Jack Steven be a relief fro some...obviously he had mates and was immensely held in high esteem, but if there was conflict, perhaps it is behind us and onwards and upwards etc.,

I think many think the Saints will rise. I’ll be interested to hear Lloyd on 3AW or Footy Classified with his prognosis. (Except I cant in Japan) He has cut through the hyperbole a few times before, including correctly predicting the Saints decline a couple of years ago, when all and sundry were blowing bubbles about our imminent advance.
I miss Footy Classified- just wish it was an earlier than 10pm!

Can’t you watch it streamed on 9NOW in Japan or it that another stupid geo block??
Install Opera web browser and use their VPN to get past that

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 13 Jan 2020 8:42pm Install Opera web browser and use their VPN to get past that
Magnifisaint suggestion.
Thanks.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

B.M wrote: Wed 01 Jan 2020 10:50pm Ratten will expect to his players to hit the ground running

He had 9 months as senior assistant

6 weeks as senior coach

4 weeks in the off season to plan

3 weeks with the 1-4 players

3 weeks with the entire list

Christmas Break - 2 weeks

8 week training block 4 days per week

Intra club Prac Game

2 x Practice matches

Then Round 1

If he can’t prepare a side in that time - I’ll be f***ed!
Just saw this post.

What an increibly naive load a s***.

We know for a fact, that it takes time for a player who moves clubs to learn the system. Sometimes it takes a whole season.

We know for a fact, that only 1 coach in history has ever won the flag in their 1st season.

We have a new coach and new assistant coaches.

We have a new 'game plan'.

We have up to 8 new players in the starting 22.

We know we have at least 3 existing players moving into new roles.

Ross Lyon took a finals team full of champions from the finals down to 9th - before it clicked and they came good. It took 18 months.

It was after the 3rd pre-season that it really stuck.

It's prosperous to think that Ratten can teach a new team a new style of play in 2 months.

Even more absurd is the expectation that the players will know each others idiosyncrasies, habits and techniques inside out without even playing a single proper game together!!

The understanding of the plan is one thing - mastering it under pressure is another. Then the execution with new teammates is a whole different ball park.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 1:22pm
B.M wrote: Wed 01 Jan 2020 10:50pm Ratten will expect to his players to hit the ground running

He had 9 months as senior assistant

6 weeks as senior coach

4 weeks in the off season to plan

3 weeks with the 1-4 players

3 weeks with the entire list

Christmas Break - 2 weeks

8 week training block 4 days per week

Intra club Prac Game

2 x Practice matches

Then Round 1

If he can’t prepare a side in that time - I’ll be f***ed!
Just saw this post.

What an increibly naive load a s***.

We know for a fact, that it takes time for a player who moves clubs to learn the system. Sometimes it takes a whole season.

We know for a fact, that only 1 coach in history has ever won the flag in their 1st season.

We have a new coach and new assistant coaches.

We have a new 'game plan'.

We have up to 8 new players in the starting 22.

We know we have at least 3 existing players moving into new roles.

Ross Lyon took a finals team full of champions from the finals down to 9th - before it clicked and they came good. It took 18 months.

It was after the 3rd pre-season that it really stuck.

It's prosperous to think that Ratten can teach a new team a new style of play in 2 months.

Even more absurd is the expectation that the players will know each others idiosyncrasies, habits and techniques inside out without even playing a single proper game together!!

The understanding of the plan is one thing - mastering it under pressure is another. Then the execution with new teammates is a whole different ball park.
Just off the top of my head I can think of two. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't checked. Allan Joyce Hawthorn and s*** Head Scott at Geelong.

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

But to be fair..we did definitely dip in 2007. I do not know why. Put it down to 'change of coach' at the time.

(I was still shocked at GTs demise too)(part relief, part discontentment and disquiet in my mind...i.e. GT was our best chance lament)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 2:44pm But to be fair..we did definitely dip in 2007. I do not know why. Put it down to 'change of coach' at the time.

(I was still shocked at GTs demise too)(part relief, part discontentment and disquiet in my mind...i.e. GT was our best chance lament)
That he was. Then the tosser took over. That clown actually cost us a couple of flags. :x :x :cry: :cry: