Matthew McLeod-Allison

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Matthew McLeod-Allison

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 13 Dec 2020 1:41pm One thing about him......he looks a lot like Max Hudgton at around the same age.
It will please some of female fans....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I have now watched all his 2019 games and tbh I have strong doubts the quoted NAB Stats are any where accurate for this kid. I have really done myself a disservice as I was excited as to what he might bring before watching the Vids. God I hope I am wrong but he is closest thing I have seen to a Jack Watts clone since Watts was drafted.

Where the claim he takes clunking marks came from is folly, he is easily put off his marks and I didnt see him clunk one mark when under pressure. The other major concern is the kid when playing cant jump, he simply doesnt get far enough off the ground, no leap.

Our recruiting team have improved significantly in recent years, but I hope they havent been conned by this kids pedigree and the way he marketed himself. I am convinced the Saints would have taken Max Holmes with our selection before Geelong jumped the cue. Anyway thats all living in hindsight - hopefully Allison can prove me wrong.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No, Holmes wasn't on our radar I believe, but Tom was our third choice, with the other two preferred players going before our pick.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020 7:11pm I have now watched all his 2019 games and tbh I have strong doubts the quoted NAB Stats are any where accurate for this kid. I have really done myself a disservice as I was excited as to what he might bring before watching the Vids. God I hope I am wrong but he is closest thing I have seen to a Jack Watts clone since Watts was drafted.

Where the claim he takes clunking marks came from is folly, he is easily put off his marks and I didnt see him clunk one mark when under pressure. The other major concern is the kid when playing cant jump, he simply doesnt get far enough off the ground, no leap.

Our recruiting team have improved significantly in recent years, but I hope they havent been conned by this kids pedigree and the way he marketed himself. I am convinced the Saints would have taken Max Holmes with our selection before Geelong jumped the cue. Anyway thats all living in hindsight - hopefully Allison can prove me wrong.
You've got better eyesight than me. I saw him clearly a few times but he was easily mistaken with one or two other boys for mine.
Couldn't tell who was who from most of that footage really.
Most of the marks I saw were breakaway leads from defence and he seemed to spend a lot of time leading up the far side and being ignored but flashed through in the periphery a lot chasing turnovers that were kick passed or over his head.
Would love to see the trial game videos, where he was supposed to be impressive in the air.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020 7:11pm I have now watched all his 2019 games and tbh I have strong doubts the quoted NAB Stats are any where accurate for this kid. I have really done myself a disservice as I was excited as to what he might bring before watching the Vids. God I hope I am wrong but he is closest thing I have seen to a Jack Watts clone since Watts was drafted.

The video one page back showed him take a couple of contested marks under pressure.

Also not sure how much marketing the kid did .... unlike mummy's boy Archie Perkins who let the world know he wanted to stay in Victoria

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Devilhead wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020 7:41pm
Also not sure how much marketing the kid did .... unlike mummy's boy Archie Perkins who let the world know he wanted to stay in Victoria
hmmmm might mention this to a few people when the next chance arises...
people like DH - he wanted to come home
what about that northern star brother everyone seems keen for a family reunion at the saints

Seeya
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Mon 21 Dec 2020 5:00pm
what about that northern star brother everyone seems keen for a family reunion at the saints
Oh man, C'mon:

It is inhumane to tear identical twins apart then banish one to the wet, dysfunctional northern reaches of the country to languish in a sh&thole of a club.

Brave young man...no mummy's boy there.

Get him back home close to his family, on the field with his brother, welcomed back to the great club they have all supported for years.

The saints have been dudded in father and son's for years, ripped off with academy value....let's make this a full-on human rights issue...and get him back.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Mon 21 Dec 2020 5:00pm
Gary Ablett reckons DH is a hack amateur mummies boy. GA was the ultimate ambassador, he went to market, wanted roast beef and then went wee wee wee wee wee, all the way back to sleepy hollow.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020 7:20pm No, Holmes wasn't on our radar I believe, but Tom was our third choice, with the other two preferred players going before our pick.
Is that Tom Highmore?

Who were the other 2 preferred picks?

Thanks

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

sendmehomehappy wrote: Mon 21 Dec 2020 11:51pm

Oh man, C'mon:

It is inhumane to tear identical twins apart then banish one to the wet, dysfunctional northern reaches of the country to languish in a sh&thole of a club.

Brave young man...no mummy's boy there.

Get him back home close to his family, on the field with his brother, welcomed back to the great club they have all supported for years.

The saints have been dudded in father and son's for years, ripped off with academy value....let's make this a full-on human rights issue...and get him back.
if you eliminate twins being separated at birth you ignore some very good literary novels - and some funny comedies as well (ie Twins starring Arnie & Danny)
and ignoring the fact that there is some debate going on that our identical twin is taller than the other one
IF the northern twin is the brave young man - does that make our twin the mummies boy

and following your train of thought getting Zak Zones out of the covid infected northern sydney beaches, 12 months in advance was fortuitously the most humane thing to do

Seeya
ace
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020 7:41pm Also not sure how much marketing the kid did.
Absolutely nil.
The AFL cut the marketing money entirely to Gold Coast's marketing players and then all players copped a pay cut.

The AFL tricked them into staying with the marketing pay outside the salary cap.
Snakes and the AFL can not be trusted.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Wed 23 Dec 2020 7:12pm
Devilhead wrote: Tue 15 Dec 2020 7:41pm Also not sure how much marketing the kid did.
Absolutely nil.
The AFL cut the marketing money entirely to Gold Coast's marketing players and then all players copped a pay cut.

The AFL tricked them into staying with the marketing pay outside the salary cap.
Snakes and the AFL can not be trusted.
Ok, so I am informed by a Director of the Suns and confirmed by a family member of Ben that he receives in excess of $250k marketing bonus over the next two years.

To be fair to the AFL snakes I live in SE QLD for about 50% of the year and he is one of the Suns pin up boys seen on Suns billboards and membership packages.

It’s a tort alright, but not total BS that Ben is used in this manner.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.