Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: Changes for next week

Out: Webster(inj), McKenrnan
InL Crouch, Carlisle

Assume Ryder needs a run in a game - not fitness buta touch thing, especially if only back later in the week.

Draper out helps our glaring weakness.

Interesting GWS were as flat as we were perhaps the heavy conditions and longer games took more out of us than anticipated

SaintDippa
Club Player

If back in Victoria then Ryder for Hunter, if injured DMac for Webster, Crouch for McKernan.
Biggest change I'd make is a new team rule that a F50 entry cannot travel further than 30m. Force eyes down delivery and force forwards to either lead to the kicker or lead into space. Better strategy than getting the footy and kicking it to the hole filling ruckman.

shadrock
Club Player

Would drop Hunter Clark. Guy needs to be sent a message that he cant run around with half effort and there be no consequence. He was an embarrassment on the weekend.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

shadrock wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 2:07pm Would drop Hunter Clark. Guy needs to be sent a message that he cant run around with half effort and there be no consequence. He was an embarrassment on the weekend.
Fair enough. But don’t u think they know already?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 4:08pm Lonie, McKernan and Higgins out

Carlisle, Crouch and Bytel in
+1

I hope Webster remains because up until he got injured, I think he played ok.

I thought most of our defenders broke even against their forwards and it was some of our mids and forwards who really let us down

Lonie was putrid. Higgins looked unfit, Sinclair couldn’t hit a target, Battle was poor and Butler looked tired. Skunk and Hill kept making bad decisions but they kept running, kept presenting and kept trying.

We’ll find out if Ratts feels like Carlisle is good enough to play the second ruck, second tall forward role. I can’t see him replacing Wilkie, Howard, and Coff. Maybe if Tom is sore he might get a run, but I’ve liked what I’ve seen with Tom so far

I’d like to see Jake get a run but maybe McKernan is keen to play against his former club. Depends on McKernan‘s conditioning I guess, and depends on whether Ratts wants to replace Paul or Shawn.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Our entire forward line looked putrid, but with that kind of kicking and our failure in the stoppages, any forward line would look putrid.

The more I think about the game the more I'm inclined to believe that fatigue was a factor. We played interstate in the toughest conditions by far in round one and had to bust our arses to win. Follow that with a six day break and you're at a disadvantage against a team that played at home in perfect conditions, cruised to victory, and then had a seven day break.

When the fatigue levels across the competition become fairly uniform across the board around round four, we'll get a better picture of where teams are really at. We're better than what we showed on the weekend. People also forget that the loss of our greatest weapon, the Ryder/ Marshall combination, is hurting us and will continue to hurt us.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Shiel Draper & Caldwell all out

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Bytel, Webster out

In

Crouch, and a medical sub in

sks023
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 8:39pm Ryder reported as flying back into Vic this week.

He is meant to have kept up his fitness.

If so I would play him, even if we only give him a TOG of 50%, it would be way better than the current disaster.

Bring Carlisle in too. Carlisle can play some ruck. King when forward and the Battle occasionally.

When Paddy is off the ground Battle to play as a follower around the ground.
"We're waiting for Paddy to tell us when he is coming back " Brett Ratten on AFL360
Not good enough ST Kilda. this response is weak
Can't wait for the Nick Nat show in a couple of weeks
Last edited by sks023 on Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
The Billings Method
Club Player

sks023 wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:17pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 8:39pm Ryder reported as flying back into Vic this week.

If so I would play him, even if we only give him a TOG of 50%, it would be way better than the current disaster.

Bring Carlisle in too. Carlisle can play some ruck. King when forward and the Battle occasionally.

"We're waiting for Paddy to tell us when he is coming back " Brett Ratten on AFL360
Not good enough ST Kilda
A poster on BF claims Paddy was back in Melbourne this afternoon. Spotted at Tullamarine, allegedly. Anyone would think someone in the media would be all over this. Anyone heard anything?

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
sks023
Club Player

The Billings Method wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:22pm

Not good enough ST Kilda
A poster on BF claims Paddy was back in Melbourne this afternoon. Spotted at Tullamarine, allegedly. Anyone would think someone in the media would be all over this. Anyone heard anything?
Well he's got it wrong

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I bet it will be minor like Kent for Lonie and little else.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Everyone is calling for Carlisle to be in and fair enough but I am now thinking ........ Lets just play Clavarino ...... either he is good enough or he is isnt ...... its time to find out!!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
sks023
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:25pm I bet it will be minor like Kent for Lonie and little else.
Crouch will come in don't forget

Club Player

Surely it’s time the club was honest about Carlisle.
It must be either attitude or fitness but it sure isn’t ability.
Why won’t the club say what it is because he is clearly in best team?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:47pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:25pm I bet it will be minor like Kent for Lonie and little else.
Crouch will come in don't forget
Yes, I forgot that. 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Out Webster (inj)
In Crouch

Higgins , Lonie and Butler were all as bad as each other so hard to pick just one to get dropped - so perhaps they will all stay. Lonie usually the first out.
Kent will be in the mix no doubt as he offers an extra level of physicality that the others don’t.
You’d like to think Carlisle is also in the mix - but Highmore far from our worst so he would be stiff to miss
Hard to see any other form changes until Ryder and Marshall return and Webster recovers.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
minneapolis
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 2:30pm
shadrock wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 2:07pm Would drop Hunter Clark. Guy needs to be sent a message that he cant run around with half effort and there be no consequence. He was an embarrassment on the weekend.
Fair enough. But don’t u think they know already?
I was wondering why the trainer gave the socks to Hunter that weighed 2 Kgs each. Hope next week they use the lightweight nylon socks.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 3:43pm Our entire forward line looked putrid, but with that kind of kicking and our failure in the stoppages, any forward line would look putrid.
Agreed on the entries but I'd argue that Membrey and King presented and had some impact

Butler was involved at times and did a fair bit of running. Higgins looked very fatigued and didn't have his usual zip

Lonie was the worst of the smalls. He had zero impact, his kicking was terrible and the main reason I've never been a fan is because his decision making is not AFL standard

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

sks023 wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:23pm
The Billings Method wrote: Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:22pm

Not good enough ST Kilda
Well he's got it wrong
FoxSports are claiming Ryder is a chance to return this week. Although FoxSports are about as reliable as a fishnet condom.

bergsone
SS Life Member

I hope to see Ryder in for Hunter.Crouch for Webster.I just dont think Ratts will make many changes

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Kent might come in for Lonie unfortunately.

Ryder ...even he is back in town, what kind of performance can we expect from him? He's coming off a hamstring as well, has no match form, as well as having been dealing with stuff. So McKernan will go on I would think, and Ryder might be eased back in rather than be given the wheel right off the bat.

Surely Carlisle for heaven's sake. Either fire him or pick him for Webster.

Sinclair might be questioned if he puts in another bad one.

One silver lining from that performance is that finally and swiftly we will be disabused of the notion that Butler, Battle and to a lesser extent Higgins are bona fide champs and that we can expect consistently high quality output from them.

Butler, like Lonie is a flashy player and he certainly can flash OFF, maybe not as much as Lonie.

Sinclair and Battle have a go but can be ineffective.

With the whole team so down, I don't expect many changes selection wise.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021 3:08pm Ryder ...even he is back in town, what kind of performance can we expect from him? He's coming off a hamstring as well, has no match form, as well as having been dealing with stuff. So McKernan will go on I would think, and Ryder might be eased back in rather than be given the wheel right off the bat.
Ryder in a wheelchair is better than Hunter & McKernan combined.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021 3:12pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021 3:08pm Ryder ...even he is back in town, what kind of performance can we expect from him? He's coming off a hamstring as well, has no match form, as well as having been dealing with stuff. So McKernan will go on I would think, and Ryder might be eased back in rather than be given the wheel right off the bat.
Ryder in a wheelchair is better than Hunter & McKernan combined.
You might have a point. In fact perhaps Hannebury and Ryder could both play in wheelchairs.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Watched the replay Ryder or Marshall playing instead of Hunter would have saved us 4 goals.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL