F@ck Hannebery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MickThomas
Club Player

Re: F@ck Hannebery

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 2:57pm
MickThomas wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 2:00pm Saintmatt said Dan was on Wolla.

I only saw the TV as I live in Perth.

I thought DMac was a loose man in defence, he didn't seem to have anyone to guard
Trust me - he was on Walla at every 6/6/6 stoppage restart. Shown a clean pair of heels at every turn. With no Paton, Highmore, Robbo, Paton - we literally do not have a player on our list other than Dan who can mind the crafty goal sneak type. I shudder to think what Liam Ryan might do to Dmac tomorrow (if he gets another game).
I always thought DMack was the type of player who has a huge heart, but his ability just ain't there.
Whether it's poor judgement, or poor reading of the incoming ball, or a combination, he seems to be 10m behind an opponent who has just got the ball.
The only times he gets a touch is when an oppo player fluffs a kick and he gets lucky.

He would be a really good WAFL player or SANFL, get B n F awards, but he falls short in AFL

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saynta
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 4:50pm

I thought DMac was a loose man in defence, he didn't seem to have anyone to guard
Trust me - he was on Walla at every 6/6/6 stoppage restart. Shown a clean pair of heels at every turn. With no Paton, Highmore, Robbo, Paton - we literally do not have a player on our list other than Dan who can mind the crafty goal sneak type. I shudder to think what Liam Ryan might do to Dmac tomorrow (if he gets another game).
I always thought DMack was the type of player who has a huge heart, but his ability just ain't there.
Whether it's poor judgement, or poor reading of the incoming ball, or a combination, he seems to be 10m behind an opponent who has just got the ball.
The only times he gets a touch is when an oppo player fluffs a kick and he gets lucky.

He would be a really good WAFL player or SANFL, get B n F awards, but he falls short in AFL
It's a wonder that Ratts hasn't rung you for advice, what with your pearls of wisdom. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MickThomas
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 5:45pm

It's a wonder that Ratts hasn't rung you for advice, what with your pearls of wisdom. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
In fact, we catch up on Zoom twice weekly.
He's interested in Matty Parker, and other local players.

I've also given him advice on our game style, and he's taken some on board.
E.g. it was my idea that the guys should bomb a chaos ball into a crowded fwd line. Be patient, it will work.

Ben Long giving away frees? That's on me too. Slows down oppo forays. Gives us time.

FQF :twisted: :P

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saynta
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 6:26pm
saynta wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 5:45pm

In fact, we catch up on Zoom twice weekly.
He's interested in Matty Parker, and other local players.

I've also given him advice on our game style, and he's taken some on board.
E.g. it was my idea that the guys should bomb a chaos ball into a crowded fwd line. Be patient, it will work.

Ben Long giving away frees? That's on me too. Slows down oppo forays. Gives us time.

FQF :twisted: :P
Do tell.👎👎👎