Ins and outs v Giants

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stian
Club Player

Re: Ins and outs v Giants

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 3:54pm No way Leinart is out. He's a damn good player who knows how to hit a target. I can't understand how Port delisted him. They have no idea.
I read at the time that it was for the balance of their list - he was 27 yrs old (I think) and they wanted to put more games into their younger defenders.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 2:35pm Who played on Toby Greene last time we played Paton Webster or Long
Round 1, 2021

I can't remember, would have to watch but would be one of Webster, Long, McKenzie unless Highmore or Coffield did.

Greene kicked 1.3

Best named on AFL site were: Membrey, Billings, Clark & Gresham.

We only played them once.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 2:55pm
magnifisaint wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 3:54pm No way Leinart is out. He's a damn good player who knows how to hit a target. I can't understand how Port delisted him. They have no idea.
I read at the time that it was for the balance of their list - he was 27 yrs old (I think) and they wanted to put more games into their younger defenders.
Not unusual, but is curious how clubs can let players go and they establish themselves elsewhere.
Membrey
Steele
Butler
Higgins
Howard
Wood
Lienert

Why is it that they don't establish themselves at one club, but do at another?
I'm not talking about guys like Hill and Crouch, who were already established when they came to the Saints. It's guys who are fringe or in and out of one team that move clubs and become established players.

Early days I know, but Lienert looks to me like he fits very well into our backline. Composed, good decisions, consistent disposal. I'm really liking him, Howard and Battle as a unit. Our whole defence is heaps more cohesive this year.
Influence of Corey Enright???

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

bullmarket wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 5:59am Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun
·
8h
Zak Jones every chance to make an AFL return on Friday against GWS. Keen to play, in a much better spot after time away. 28 touches and nine clearances in his VFL return. Decision to be made later this week but a great sign for the Saints he is close

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun?ref ... _&ref_url=
Thats a complete contrast to what Steele said on radio on Sunday. He said he thought Zak would want another another couple of weeks at Sandi. Having watched the Sandi game Zak looks to have lost a lot of weight & conditioning in his time away, I doubt he is physically ready.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Very few change if any. Our old friend the pandemic playing its part

Moods
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 3:39pm Very few change if any. Our old friend the pandemic playing its part
Strange comment? I would have thought if pandemic is playing it’s part, then there would be heaps of changes

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 3:50pm
tony74 wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 3:39pm Very few change if any. Our old friend the pandemic playing its part
Strange comment? I would have thought if pandemic is playing it’s part, then there would be heaps of changes
Not if the players affected are those not currently in the first team.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Good stuff. Play the kids, get some games into them! That's what we should be doing if we want to make it to the top! We shouldn't be afraid, we need to take the tough decisions and delist players: trade Steele and King to Hawthorn for pick #7. I'm sure that's what Sunny Ernie would suggest we should do.

I mean, look at Port, they had the guts to clear out a list-clogger like Lienert. Now look at how they're going: that's what we want to see.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saynta
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 4:02pm
Good stuff. Play the kids, get some games into them! That's what we should be doing if we want to make it to the top! We shouldn't be afraid, we need to take the tough decisions and delist players: trade Steele and King to Hawthorn for pick #7. I'm sure that's what Sunny Ernie would suggest we should do.

I mean, look at Port, they had the guts to clear out a list-clogger like Lienert. Now look at how they're going: that's what we want to see.
:wink: :wink: You forgot to throw Members in as the steak knives.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

bergsone wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 2:35pm Who played on Toby Greene last time we played Paton Webster or Long
Wilkie & Webster shared the responsibility in Round 1 last year.

Paton held him goal-less in the final round of 2020.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He must mean Webster and/or Jones, who’d be the obvious ins even to a winning side.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 8:44pm
chook23 wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 8:42pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 8:30pm Long on green
Green would kill him in the air if isolated

Would also in my opinion be too smart and turn him inside out
Probably but Green does some dirty stuff and intimidates I’d like to see him Try it on long

They would probably both end up reported 😉
Toby wouldn't intimidate Long but he would suck him into doing stupid things.
When a player gets on top of Long he can become a free kick magnet and I think with Toby Green's bag of tricks that is exactly what would happen.
Long likes to play the hard man and I think Toby is a little to clever for him and would suck him in big time.
If Long played on Green I think he would give away at least 3 goals from free kicks.
Long should continue playing up forward and leave Green to the ore technical defenders like Paton, Webster or even Wilkie.

As for next week Webster should come in and I would be tempted to rest Paton, he has come off a pretty serious injury and hasn't looked quite back to his best.
If Jones is available then he should come straight in for Windhager.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 3:58pm
Not if the players affected are those not currently in the first team.
Gone public now- Campbell and Jones

loris
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 4:32pm
He must mean Webster and/or Jones, who’d be the obvious ins even to a winning side.
Jones is caught up with Covid protocol, so he won’t be in.
Also Campbell unavailable......... I wonder how many more?

Killa
Club Player

Lienert played 22 games for Port Adelaide.

Howard was a first choice selection at Port Adelaide until certain events impacted (and not where he was deployed on the field)

At least we get the Coach back!!!

We still live in a World of a Pandemic so it is what it is.

And will remain so.

The Testing regime + Isolation hopefully restricts the spread of the virus.

We trust those infected fully recover - across the human race

Sanctorum
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 5:17pm
Sanctorum wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 4:08pm Gonna be hard to change a winning line-up because all of the above-mentioned listed as vulnerable did quite well: Wood, Lienert, Paton, Ross,even Windhager.

I like the look of Marcus, he appears to read the game well, hard as nails and accurate kick - like everyone else in the new look 2022 Saints he plays unselfish football and just as Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera has been persevered with and improves with every game, the same should happen with Windhager.

I say get games into the new recruits so if Zak Jones is to come into the team I'd do so at the expense of Seb Ross - even though he's having a much better year he's yesterday's hero.

Out with the old, In with the new!
That’s harsh on Seb. Has been excellent the past few games. He looks fitter, runs all day, his disposal errors have diminished, is playing really well. Automatic best 22 at present.
Yeah, it probably is hard on Ross St B, I'm basing my choice on the fact that Jones will take on the role that Ross has played this year, and as I said, I'm all for youth - it's a bit like at the Dogs where veteran Mitch Wallis is often left out in their best 22 in order to play their up and coming recruits, it's all about generational change.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 5:48pm Lienert played 22 games for Port Adelaide.

Howard was a first choice selection at Port Adelaide until certain events impacted (and not where he was deployed on the field)

And will remain so.

Dangerous views Killa. Testing regime and isolation are delivering didley squat. When you leave your front door in the morning do you think you are walking into a covid free world.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 6:30pm
Killa wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 5:48pm Lienert played 22 games for Port Adelaide.

And will remain so.

Dangerous views Killa. Testing regime and isolation are delivering didley squat. When you leave your front door in the morning do you think you are walking into a covid free world.
I don't worry about that.
When I walk out my front door I self identify as non covid.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Can we please keep discussions about Covid, isolating, vaccinations et al to the general forum. Thanks.

Killa
Club Player

With all due respect, with 50,000 registered infections across the Nation today and St Kilda players unavailable because they are infected following on the Coach testing positive, the Pandemic impacts on society including St Kilda Football Club

It is, and will remain, very relative

As we now see with a NRL side, the spread can decimate a side forcing it to reserve players from outside the peak competitions

And to attempt to evade this situation, there are protocols including testing to quarantine and arrest that spread

And that is before we get to the pressures on the public health system (remember flatten the curve to take the pressure off public health prior to the development of vaccines?)

There are protagonists on here who put that the virus is of no consequence - and that is where the highjacking and stalking is coming from - exclusively

The virus is of consequence

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Wed 20 Apr 2022 9:30pm With all due respect, with 50,000 registered infections across the Nation today and St Kilda players unavailable because they are infected following on the Coach testing positive, the Pandemic impacts on society including St Kilda Football Club

As we now see with a NRL side, the spread can decimate a side forcing it to reserve players from outside the peak competitions

And to attempt to evade this situation, there are protocols including testing to quarantine and arrest that spread

And that is before we get to the pressures on the public health system (remember flatten the curve to take the pressure off public health prior to the development of vaccines?)

There are protagonists on here who put that the virus is of no consequence - and that is where the highjacking and stalking is coming from - exclusively

Kills, this is a thread about team changes vs GWS. If you want to discuss Covid please start a thread in the GF.
Thanks.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Any further Covid specific posts in this thread will be deleted.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Wed 20 Apr 2022 9:30pm With all due respect, with 50,000 registered infections across the Nation today and St Kilda players unavailable because they are infected following on the Coach testing positive, the Pandemic impacts on society including St Kilda Football Club

I like the way you roll Killa, you clearly come from good stock and a long line of magnificent orators.

Anyhoo! Let's chat about the ins and outs shall we, you go first, who do you think is in OR out.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

If we are a genuine finals team then we need to win this game (and next week)
Will be a tough contest.
Webster for Windhager the only change I foresee
Windhager to be the medical sub

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 4:06pm
meher baba wrote: Tue 19 Apr 2022 4:02pm

:wink: :wink: You forgot to throw Members in as the steak knives.
:mrgreen:

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus