New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well Caro opened up on Footy Classified by saying that things are going to get nasty.....

Pure speculation on her part...

Personally I believe that aftear a bit of huff that one party or another will moderate.....could well be RB falling on his sword since Levin has already swapped camps.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
To the top
SS Life Member

These days you look to bring onto a Board people whose reputation in their chosen vocation gives them credibility, and they have the business CV to add to the expertise around the Board table.

I am unaware if the St Kilda Board have particular responsibilities -but it is normal that you do have a designated function.

The Annual Report should list these responsibilities.

The immediate question is, apart from the credibility side because they were revered players, what do Burke and Thompson bring to the table for a business turning over multiples of millions of dollars?

And what is the position of the 2 defecting Board members?

I imagine that they have put matters on the table, a vote has been taken and they have been rolled.

But they have not resigned.

Without knowing the specifics of the ISSUES no one can comment.

This should not be about personalities, because everyone does not necessarily get along famously with everyone else, but professionalism maintains - as does respect.

There is an old line "I always respect your position and your advice, but I do not always act on your advice".

Positions are put. Votes are counted, and if you view your position on the Board untenable, you resign.

And if you want to take it further, and launch a spill of Board postions you consult the Articles of Association and act accordingly.

Or you wait until the next AGM and launch an alternate ticket.

No one is above question.

But the questions have to be pertinent - and not just revolve around personalities and perceptions of personalities.

One of the complaints I have with the AFL is that they are compromised by vested interest - and Evans was one of the worst with Spotless.

But that is an AFL issue.

What we want to know here is the substance of the challenge - not just names - and name calling.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

interesting discussion re the challang on fox's "on the couch"....sheahan will probably run with it tomorrow....

...also very interested in the footage they showed of boofhead..they cut it short of the mongrels punch to the back of shaw's head......no mention of the incident...just that they reckon the clown is injured...not that the game has passed him by........anyone got sheahan's e-mail address.............?????

.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:
I imagine that they have put matters on the table, a vote has been taken and they have been rolled.

Votes.....are not normally taken...

Normally issues are discussed and the will of the meeting is pretty evident......though yes individuals can still get rolled.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

As long as Fox and Thomas have *nothing* to do with the challenge - that is a good start (to it being successful).
However, I do not think we have much success in our past of recent/current player tickets making a successful board.
Waiting - baited!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Caro ...no facts just speculating...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Main action was Caro and Hutchy having a major spat over it....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So for REAL news wait till 10am tomorrow...

The Peanut
Club Player

Loved the spat though :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well that was finshed and nothing new.

I wonder who the female candidate is???

I hope it is not DD....

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

who is DD?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes the spat was good... hutchy kept asking caro to back up her accusations with facts or examples...and got nil.

Caro in return accused Hutchy being RB's advisor...which he strongly refuted.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:who is DD?
radio announcer and well known female Saints fan.

Good at her job but I don't think we really needa comedian on the Board (realising that this will no doubt feed a few obvious replies... :wink: )
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 11 Sep 2007 12:31am, edited 1 time in total.

Buckets
SS Life Member

The Peanut wrote:Loved the spat though :lol:
'Don't say anything else Caroline' - Hutchy
Absolute gold sounded like a little whiny B!@#$ I reckon Caro would knock him the #@$% out i would pay to see that happen.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Intetresting that Caro obviously does not get on with either RB or GT.........or perhaps it is just anything to do with the saints.

Also intetresting that Caro is obviously complete clueless about what is going on......was just bullshiiting that she new something and when challenge she could not say anything.

Hutchy obviously knows little bit more from the RB side which in turn was clearly p***ing her off.

Looks like no one is talking to Caro to feed her column!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Intetresting that Caro obviously does not get on with either RB or GT.........or perhaps it is just anything to do with the saints.

Also intetresting that Caro is obviously complete clueless about what is going on......was just bullshiiting that she new something and when challenge she could not say anything.

Hutchy obviously knows little bit more from the RB side which in turn was clearly p***ing her off.

Looks like no one is talking to Caro to feed her column!!!
Caro just made stuff up - even had to back peddle and conced "the players" werent upset at the Board - "Nathan Burke AN EX player was..."

misleading cow thats for sure...and hard to pin down with her lies........forked toungue scrubba.

“Yeah….nah””
The Peanut
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Intetresting that Caro obviously does not get on with either RB or GT.........or perhaps it is just anything to do with the saints.
It was a very entertaining moment - I think I woke up the whole street with laughter - absolutely loved watching that. They both went way past any journalistic professionalism - in a different way that they usually do.

Tomorrow we'll see what's going on - while Hutchy gets a free feed at Melbourne club, Caro may end up meeting the Editor in his office for a heart to heart.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:35am, edited 1 time in total.

suss
Club Player

Caro justed posted her latest offering on the Age. Gives more details on the ticket...

Regardless of the performance of the board I just can't help but think there must be a better way. :(

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:35am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:1/ Ron Evans attended at least 40% of St Kilda home games as a guest of the President and always sat with the President at his table and in his seating arrangement. He was the only Commissioner to do so on a regular basis.

2/ They could be seen chatting one on one on a regular basis well after the game and function had finished.

3/ They were also known to have regular lunches at The Melbourne club.

4/ Rod (on the record) gave a moving tribute to Ron after his death and recounted how close they were in his Presidents speech!

Source - my own eyes and ears young Jeffy!

There is a poster with whom you are quite friendly (joffaboy) who will also verify my vantage point to view these happenings.

But of course I back up my statements, you just keep on typing your anti Rod Butterss cr@pola and pass it off as fact :lol:

Tell us again how you know as fact RB dreams of a seat on the commission :lol: :lol: :lol: tell us again Jeffy bahahahaha
You do come out with pearlers JB, not least of all your propensity to believe when you meet someone at club function they'll open up with all manner of "privy" info. You should be a journo with your interrogation techniques, but it's probably best you stick to your delusions of grandeur though and just keep recounting those anecdotes.

FWIW, I am aware Ron Evans attended many games at Telstra Dome, I wasn't aware his reason for doing so was because Rod invited him over for coffee. I'm also in no doubt Rod thinks he was close to Ron Evans, he tried hard enough and sold the club out often enough in an effort to curry favour. Maybe I'm wrong and Rod already had this support - if so, then it makes Rod's selling out of the club to someone he was "close to" even more disgusting in my eyes. I suspect though it has far more to do with Rod trying to suck his way up the prestige ladder.

Also, I wasn't aware you were a member of the Melbourne Club? Or was that thrown in there simply because you heard Rod say it?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:
The immediate question is, apart from the credibility side because they were revered players, what do Burke and Thompson bring to the table for a business turning over multiples of millions of dollars?
Who on the current Board has any skerrik of football knowledge?

Perhaps this is the issue.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:1/ Ron Evans attended at least 40% of St Kilda home games as a guest of the President and always sat with the President at his table and in his seating arrangement. He was the only Commissioner to do so on a regular basis.

2/ They could be seen chatting one on one on a regular basis well after the game and function had finished.

3/ They were also known to have regular lunches at The Melbourne club.

4/ Rod (on the record) gave a moving tribute to Ron after his death and recounted how close they were in his Presidents speech!

Source - my own eyes and ears young Jeffy!

There is a poster with whom you are quite friendly (joffaboy) who will also verify my vantage point to view these happenings.

But of course I back up my statements, you just keep on typing your anti Rod Butterss cr@pola and pass it off as fact :lol:

Tell us again how you know as fact RB dreams of a seat on the commission :lol: :lol: :lol: tell us again Jeffy bahahahaha
You do come out with pearlers JB, not least of all your propensity to believe when you meet someone at club function they'll open up with all manner of "privy" info. You should be a journo with your interrogation techniques, but it's probably best you stick to your delusions of grandeur though and just keep recounting those anecdotes.

FWIW, I am aware Ron Evans attended many games at Telstra Dome, I wasn't aware his reason for doing so was because Rod invited him over for coffee. I'm also in no doubt Rod thinks he was close to Ron Evans, he tried hard enough and sold the club out often enough in an effort to curry favour. Maybe I'm wrong and Rod already had this support - if so, then it makes Rod's selling out of the club to someone he was "close to" even more disgusting in my eyes. I suspect though it has far more to do with Rod trying to suck his way up the prestige ladder.

Also, I wasn't aware you were a member of the Melbourne Club? Or was that thrown in there simply because you heard Rod say it?
I’m disappointed in you JeffDunne!
You requested my information and I supplied it and you can not even amuse me enough to dispute it at least try to avert the topic as is your standard MO.

As for The Melbourne club – do you know what/where it is? :lol:
RB also frequents Royal Melbourne, thought I’d throw that in just for you. :wink:

I have put up when asked as I always do, and you accept this as per your reply.

Now do me the same courtesy I offered you and share with us your proof of your following statements…

1/ Rod Butterss leaks information to Caro and the press in general

2/ Rod Butterss dreams of a seat on the AFL Commission

These are your statements, time to put up or shut up JeffDunne

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
JeffDunne

Proof?

What exactly are you looking for JB? Stat Dec's, taped phone conversations, useless anecdotes . . .

Unlike some, I don't spend my time here trying to impress people by name dropping and waxing lyrical about people I may know or had a conversation with.

Just be patient JB and I'm sure in due course you'll bump into someone at a club function that will share with you what Rod's been up to and why.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Proof?

What exactly are you looking for JB? Stat Dec's, taped phone conversations, useless anecdotes . . .

Unlike some, I don't spend my time here trying to impress people by name dropping and waxing lyrical about people I may know or had a conversation with.

Just be patient JB and I'm sure in due course you'll bump into someone at a club function that will share with you what Rod's been up to and why.
Stop trying to avert from the topic at hand JeffDunne.

Your efforts in averting from the subject and an inane attempt at a personal put down does little more than confirm your lack of substance in backing up your statements.

I answered your question, now do me the same courtesy I offered you and share with us your proof of your following statements…

1/ Rod Butterss leaks information to Caro and the press in general

2/ Rod Butterss dreams of a seat on the AFL Commission

These are your statements, time to put up or shut up JeffDunne

……or you could revert to some of your cutting put downs like “lemmingâ€

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.