Sponsor a player in 2008 (indicate interest here)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Can we have a sponsorship night, apologies markinUSA and others who may be country or interstate, at the Waterside with hopefully a photo op of the player and the group?

Or would that be asking too much of the player?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

looks like were getting somewhere..

$15 is very reasonable, but my concern is being able to get 100 committed posters.. it will be very difficult to chase up that amount of posters for money as well i feel. i just hope people dont commit and then change their mind, making the process difficult.

just to clarify..is $1500 our limit? or can we go alittle higher if it means we can secure a gun youngster?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote: Now...further down the track..once we have a player selected and our sponsorship is confirmed I think it would be great to change the banner at the head of the Forum to add our sponsored player (as must Forums do)..now...does anyone else reckon that might be a good excuse to design a new banner?? Freshen the old "Saintsational.com" up a bit???
I have brought up the issue of getting the site updated several times, and the impression I get is that the site owner is not interested.

An excellent idea though, 66.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Well not so much updated...just a new banner headline..Im no programmer but I would have thought its not much harder than some Graphic Artist whiz here designing a new logo, then dropping it into a line of HTML code somewhere??

We may not need 100 posters. Some people bought multiple shares last year, when the shares were only $10 (?)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps once we decide on the player which will give us the amount we require, we can then open it up to pledges and once that amount is reached, a reserve list of potential sponsors can be started in case an original pledge does not eventuate by an agreed cut off date.

Another thing, I will probably pledge 3 or 4 shares but if someone misses out who desperately wants to be a sponsor, they can buy 1 or 2 of mine.

I just don't wish to see Mr Magic out of pocket for an extended period or be the owner of more shares than he wishes.

F_Q_F
Club Player

The shares scheme seems like a good idea, but the reality of selling 100 could be difficult.
Is there anyway we can get the people willing to chip in to say how much they are willing to give, just to see what the upper limits would be and how many are intersted?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Won't have to sell a hundred individual shares.

There are at least a couple of people who have already indicated they will buy 10 shares each, so there's twenty gone.

We will easily sell 60-70 IMO, and should be able to get that up to 90 with a bit of effort.

If we reduce it to say 75 shares, then they become $20 each, which might be getting a little expensive for some, and won't really solve the problem anyway ...

The fewer shares you have, the fewer buyers who are willing to pay that price, and the harder it is to reach the $1500 target. IMO.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
F_Q_F
Club Player

Fair enough then OWTS. Didn't know people were willing to buy 10 or so shares. Solves my problems with that idea then.

Can we set up a sticky or another post for people just to say 'yes i am interested' and how many shares if they are $15 each or something?
This thread is probably a little too messy for that now.

sax
Club Player

I'd be happy to be involved.
It would make me feel more connected to the club, seeing as I live in SA!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

F_Q_F wrote:Fair enough then OWTS. Didn't know people were willing to buy 10 or so shares. Solves my problems with that idea then.

Can we set up a sticky or another post for people just to say 'yes i am interested' and how many shares if they are $15 each or something?
I will wait until we get confirmation of the players available for sponsorship, at which time we will have a poll.

Once we've decided on a player, then we will have a list of confirmed sponsors and they amount they want to put in.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
F_Q_F
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:
F_Q_F wrote:Fair enough then OWTS. Didn't know people were willing to buy 10 or so shares. Solves my problems with that idea then.

I will wait until we get confirmation of the players available for sponsorship, at which time we will have a poll.

Once we've decided on a player, then we will have a list of confirmed sponsors and they amount they want to put in.
Cool sounds like everythings sorted for now then.

GrumpyOne

Well done guys... shows we can get our act together here when we want to. :D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just a small query on the shares idea- did it not cause a 'little 'angst last year?

would the $30 ( or whatever)per head just give everyone equal rights to the tickets etc that come with the sponsorship,

Nov 1st is next release of information
alexr@saints.com.au is the contact

inital indication is that they are reverting to the three tier levels of sponsorship they had a few years ago
- leadership
core group
debutants and rookies
I did suggest that I guessed Harves was in a level all his own :)

Cost at each level $ unknown;
at the time I queried - only guide I Have is last years price and queries I made for another organisation some months ago they felt it would be similiar.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

EDIT: We are not going with this - was just an idea. Shares will be $15 each.

How about this?

Three tiers of sponsorship:
30 sponsors at $20 each (bronze)
10 sponsors at $40 each (silver)
4 sponsors at $100 each (gold)
Total: $1400 (+ $100 share for Mr Magic)

So we would need 44 sponsors. Your level of sponsorship won't be made public unless you want it to.

As with last year, we would have a raffle to determine who gets access to the sponsors dinner and receives the Saints gear etc.

In terms of the raffle, the allocation would be (with a total of 150 tickets):
Bronze sponsors have 2 tickets each (1.33% chance each)
Silver sponsors have 4 tickets each (2.67% chance each)
Gold sponsors have 10 tickets each (6.67% chance each)
Last edited by Oh When the Saints on Thu 25 Oct 2007 1:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I don't know why we would need to be separated into tiers OWTS and classified as to our status, surely we are all just simply supporters sponsoring a player.

In terms of whatever priveleges come with sponsoring a player, B&F tickets or club apparell, then isn't each share worthy of a raffle ticket.

Afterall the initial aim is to sponsor a player and once that has been achieved our job is done. A raffle ticket per share is simply a proportionate thanks.

1 share = sponsor (& 1 raffle ticket)

10 shares = sponsor (& 10 raffle tickets)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:I don't know why we would need to be separated into tiers OWTS and classified as to our status, surely we are all just simply supporters sponsoring a player.

In terms of whatever priveleges come with sponsoring a player, B&F tickets or club apparell, then isn't each share worthy of a raffle ticket.

Afterall the initial aim is to sponsor a player and once that has been achieved our job is done. A raffle ticket per share is simply a proportionate thanks.

Yep..this worked fine last year

We need to keep it as simple as possible...one share price...and you are welcome to purchase as many shares as you want

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintly
Saintsational Legend

depending on the cost, i'll also put money in.

GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:I don't know why we would need to be separated into tiers OWTS and classified as to our status, surely we are all just simply supporters sponsoring a player.

Yep..this worked fine last year

We need to keep it as simple as possible...one share price...and you are welcome to purchase as many shares as you want
Yep, way to go.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

One share = $15.

One share = one raffle ticket.

No tiers or structures; no limit on how many you can buy.

KISS.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne

evertonfc wrote:One share = $15.

One share = one raffle ticket.

No tiers or structures; no limit on how many you can buy.

KISS.
And if we over-subscribe, we'll sponsor a second player.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough - we'll go with $15 shares then.

I was just floating a few ideas to generate a bit of discussion and see what people were interested in.

Now we've just got to wait for the player next week.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

yep, Rory will get the call at 9:05 am, on minday morning :D

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Hi all..just been watching and reading.

A few thoughts after being involved in the organisation at a late stage last year:.

* As Saints66au said...it is is good to keep things as simple as as posible. One share one raffle ticket.

* The main problem last year was that with our "twin" system of raising and coordination the funds between here and Bigfooty had some hassles and that that things became very confused....and caused alot of differing.

* Deciding on the player late (and also collection of funds) also then lead to reduced choice on players available and so some of the "prize" allocation was done after one of the main events had already occured.

* I think that the shares for raffle ticket approach was fair and simple and worked well last year..

From reading the posts above I am happy to keep things simple to volunteeer to :

*Pay up front for a player sponosorship in the name of Saintsational
*Do this early so that we get a good choice.
*Recover the funds from other Saintsational Forumites (this way our choice is not delayed) by them each buying a share.
* I would meet any shortfall but I would intend to only be a "minor" shareholder. ie one to several shares.

* I would intend to spread the fun to as many Forumites as possible...and say strike $15 (or maybe $30) shares .
*Everyone that applies will get at least one share.
**If we do not have enough individual shareholders then I would equally spread mutltiple shareholdings to those that want them on up till the full sponsorship amount is achieved.

** So that I am not left in limbo..I would set a date that I would need to be paid by (this can be after we have taken out a player and I will bare that risk of initial payment)

** late payment may mean that you miss out.

** a flood of interest may mean that not all are included....but at say $15 that would be 100ish people...so that would not seem likely.

**All benefits to be done as a raffle like last year. But this time early. This allows the "winner" to make arrangements to attend prizes such as the dinner or if they havea clash to get someone of their choice to substitute.

(Raffle could perhaps be done at a pres-season Sainsational Event...ie nominatea Pub??..or even the Family day etc)

*The raffle will in "public" like last year just so that all including those that cannot attend can have confidence that all is above board.

I am also happy if someone else does the running.

OWTs may like to do the legwork and I can just take the risk of the initial payment.

Whatever works.....just let me know.

Cheers sRr

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
GrumpyOne

saintsRrising wrote:Hi all..just been watching and reading.

A few thoughts after being involved in the organisation at a late stage last year:.

* As Saints66au said...it is is good to keep things as simple as as posible. One share one raffle ticket.

* The main problem last year was that with our "twin" system of raising and coordination the funds between here and Bigfooty had some hassles and that that things became very confused....and caused alot of differing.

* Deciding on the player late (and also collection of funds) also then lead to reduced choice on players available and so some of the "prize" allocation was done after one of the main events had already occured.

* I think that the shares for raffle ticket approach was fair and simple and worked well last year..

From reading the posts above I am happy to keep things simple to volunteeer to :

*Pay up front for a player sponosorship in the name of Saintsational
*Do this early so that we get a good choice.
*Recover the funds from other Saintsational Forumites (this way our choice is not delayed) by them each buying a share.
* I would meet any shortfall but I would intend to only be a "minor" shareholder. ie one to several shares.

* I would intend to spread the fun to as many Forumites as possible...and say strike $15 (or maybe $30) shares .
*Everyone that applies will get at least one share.
**If we do not have enough individual shareholders then I would equally spread mutltiple shareholdings to those that want them on up till the full sponsorship amount is achieved.

** So that I am not left in limbo..I would set a date that I would need to be paid by (this can be after we have taken out a player and I will bare that risk of initial payment)

** late payment may mean that you miss out.

** a flood of interest may mean that not all are included....but at say $15 that would be 100ish people...so that would not seem likely.

**All benefits to be done as a raffle like last year. But this time early. This allows the "winner" to make arrangements to attend prizes such as the dinner or if they havea clash to get someone of their choice to substitute.

(Raffle could perhaps be done at a pres-season Sainsational Event...ie nominatea Pub??..or even the Family day etc)

*The raffle will in "public" like last year just so that all including those that cannot attend can have confidence that all is above board.

I am also happy if someone else does the running.

OWTs may like to do the legwork and I can just take the risk of the initial payment.

Whatever works.....just let me know.

Cheers sRr
Thanks for your input SRR.

Mr Magic has already offered to cover the initial outlay, but we appreciate your generous offer.

I am sure that OWTS will contact you for your help if anything falls over.

Look forward to having you as a member of the syndicate.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yep..I am also happy in Mr Magic wants to do it. In which case he may find some of my suggested fine print helpful.

Cheers sRr.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....