Does Ross Lyon read this site? Maybe he should

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintschampions08
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote: It is now too over-umpired, too soft
exactly, the game is starting to suck, because of the over officiating clowns on the field and the fools committee introducing idiotic rules

one charity free kick after another

watch the Hahn free kick in the third quarter against Hudghton for an apprently illegal arm chop

what a fair dinkum joke

unfortunately decisions such as this are now the norm

football is turning into women's netball, one charity free kick after another

as soon as the umpires start paying silly free kicks I turn off the TV

when they let the game go, things start becoming interesting and you see more physical contests and a true test of each teams abilities

My interest in football is diminishing greatly as a result of the imbeciles on the Fools Committee and the AFL's hidden agenda's

Demetriou imposes his view as to how the game should be played upon us all, and it sucks big time
Oh no...you can't punch people in the arms to stop them marking the ball anymore!!

Oh no...you can't push people in the back anymore, when they're going for the ball and your not!!

:roll: :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Does Ross Lyon read this forum?

If I had my way, he'd have plenty more time to do so.

Greg Westaway - if you read this - here is what I think you should do.

Give "Rossy" a chance to at least give a creditable performance against the Cats: eg, a close loss (a win is almost unimaginable ATM). If he manages this, then he needs to deliver a win - nothing less - against the Bombers.

If he fails in this, and we end up 2-3, I think that Westaway should seek out Matt Rendell wherever he is and beg him to come back and take over. Lyon and his gumby henchmen would be sacked as a job lot and Rendell allowed to bring in his own assistants.

FAIR DINKUM, still amazed that you could actually up the ante with something way beyond your usual laterally challenged drivel and imbecilic psycho babble.

Promise me this, when we beat Geelong next Saturday, you agree to roll up the following week dressed in high heels, suspenders, a G string and a wonder bra.

You most definitely win the CABBAGE OF THE WEEK award, now go and celebrate on your GT inflatable and if you need further inspiration, I'm sure you'll find your copy of the streak video mixed up with the rest of your tug fodder and wrist filth.

Sack Lyon in two weeks and replace him with Rendell :roll:

Yeah Righto, ass clown

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote: It is now too over-umpired, too soft
exactly, the game is starting to suck, because of the over officiating clowns on the field and the fools committee introducing idiotic rules

one charity free kick after another

watch the Hahn free kick in the third quarter against Hudghton for an apprently illegal arm chop

what a fair dinkum joke

unfortunately decisions such as this are now the norm

football is turning into women's netball, one charity free kick after another

as soon as the umpires start paying silly free kicks I turn off the TV

when they let the game go, things start becoming interesting and you see more physical contests and a true test of each teams abilities

My interest in football is diminishing greatly as a result of the imbeciles on the Fools Committee and the AFL's hidden agenda's

Demetriou imposes his view as to how the game should be played upon us all, and it sucks big time
Oh no...you can't punch people in the arms to stop them marking the ball anymore!!

Oh no...you can't push people in the back anymore, when they're going for the ball and your not!!

:roll: :roll:
Ok smart arse, tell me that was a free kick aganst Hudghton to Hahn in the third quarter for an arm chop.

The marking contest had already expired and only Hudghton's natural momentum saw his arm come down and touch Hahn like a feather after the event.

Hudghton did NOT take out Hahn's arm hen he was trying to mark the ball

An idiotic interpretation of the rule

Umpires IN GENERAL have no feel for the game

That good enough for you numbnuts

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
st paddy wrote: Can one of the mods please explain to be why barks4eva seems to have carte blanche to abuse people as he feels fit?

I'm deadly serious here - other people have to play by the rules but this guy is seems to be immune.

:roll:
If dickwads like mebabble want Lyon sacked in two weeks if we lose the next two>FAIR DINKUM and if that's not enough he wants to replace him with the cabbage who couldn't even read out the right player code number at last year's national draft, then I'll call a spade a spade or in this case a know nothing, johnson jangling, wrist wrangling, todger tugging, rodger rubbing, schlong bonging, pre-ejaculating bone monkey a know nothing, johnson jangling, wrist wrangling, todger tugging, rodger rubbing, schlong bonging, pre-ejaculating bone monkey

Imbeciles, lubricated goat riders and ass bandits, like yourself who abuse people left right and centre, absolutely no need for that sort of behaviour, derserve warnings and bannings.

Get with the program paddy, I'm a sacred cow, untouchable, little tin god, beyond reproach, show some respect you insignificant little pole polishing plebian.
Seriously?

Is this what this site has once again become?

Worthless piece of trash from the trailer park rubbish bin is all this thread has become.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
st paddy
Club Player

How typical - i ask a genuine question to the mods and not one reply.

This forum is a total joke - i wouldn't be surprised if barks4eva (how appalling that this guy has associated himself with the great Barks) is actually one of the mods himself.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:How typical - i ask a genuine question to the mods and not one reply.

This forum is a total joke - i wouldn't be surprised if barks4eva (how appalling that this guy has associated himself with the great Barks) is actually one of the mods himself.

Nah not a mod, but got them all in my pocket :lol:

What's a joke about this forum is lily livered flogs like mebabble with nonsense like this
mebabble wrote:Does Ross Lyon read this forum?

Give "Rossy" a chance to at least give a creditable performance against the Cats: eg, a close loss (a win is almost unimaginable ATM). If he manages this, then he needs to deliver a win - nothing less - against the Bombers.

If he fails in this, and we end up 2-3, I think that Westaway should seek out Matt Rendell wherever he is and beg him to come back and take over. Lyon and his gumby henchmen would be sacked as a job lot and Rendell allowed to bring in his own assistants.
FAIR DINKUM

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
st paddy wrote:How typical - i ask a genuine question to the mods and not one reply.

What's a joke about this forum is lily livered flogs like mebabble with nonsense like this

FAIR DINKUM
You havent recovered yet have you.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

bump

For no other reason that I want a mod to see the abuse that many of us are sick of seeing.

Have a nice day.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I think AndrewBolt4Eva wants to be banned.

He'd be hoping a 10 page thread gets started in his honour so people will actually talk about him. Gives him a sense of worth.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
It's an interesting torrent of abuse, but I note that you have nothing to say which is pertinent to my main point: that is, that good old Barney the Dinosaur is giving the impression that he wouldn't be able to coach his way out of a paper bag.

Still, you have now made an unambiguous (and brave) prediction that we are going to beat Geelong this weekend. If we do, then I guess Barney will start to look like a better coach again and I will accept that I am lily livered, goat-rogering, bone monkey or whatever.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If Ross read this forum, he'd match fix* games every week just to spite some of the posters in here.

* - Not a personal judgement on Ross, just on some forum members that have posted in this thread.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Ross wouldn't read this would he?

<shameless bump in attempt to get a mod to react>

GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:
Try posting under a different name, works everytime for me. :wink:

Huzzad
Club Player

I'd be extremely worried if RL read this site

1) Some SS users are too fanatical and illogical. Love their saints, but the bias is blinding

2) Too many opinions on here, most reflective of the above statement

3) Has better things to do with his time

4) He is a paid coach, we are not. I highly doubt he is going to look for coaching tips on a forum of loosly-connected arm-chair "coaches."

5) Maybe it should be the other way around, maybe SS users should spend a day in the life of a coach and realise it is not as simple as it looks.

6) Fergus, Brooks and Allan Murray would still be on the list if RL took advice from this board. We'd probably have no Gardiner, King, Jones or Charlie.

In summary, everyone reckons they can do a better job when we are losing. When we are winning we praise him for being a genious. Go figure. If you can do a better job, then challenge him at the AGM. If not, criticise all you want but don't parade your tactics as if RL would never have thought of them himself.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Try posting under a different name, works everytime for me. :wink:
Comedy gold! :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Ross wouldn't read this would he?

What makes you think I havn't already recieved a warning or 2 ?

Who made you the bastion of morality around here, mr bump gump

FAIR DINKUM

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
Hopefully that gives you 3 now and we dont have to read what you write for a couple of weeks.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Ah, I had a feeling that having recovered from the weekend can't-face-thinking-about-the-Saints-cuz-they-lostitis I might find something on here with the doubts of Lyon surfacing again. And so they should. The system of win-by-a-little/lose-by-a-lot is a bit overdone now.

Lets not call that Grant Thomas football just to suit our Agenda's either. As Bigcarl has joyously pointed out time and again, kick it to Roo kick it to Reiwoldt has been a Saints staple for a long time. That was partly so frustrating because kicking it to them in the goalsquare when for the sake of 3 more steps a shot could be taken at times defied logic. That wasn't kick it to targets or fast ball movement, that was panic as soon as they passed the center line. The ball would continually be kicked to the CHF position the moment a Saint passed the centre, with predictable results. It's no secret the dogs like to run from half back...

At some point surely the coach has to recognise that it's not working. The criticism of GT that's always held most weight with me was an inibility to do this and adjust. Lyon served up the same. At quarter time the dogs started pushing back numbers at any cost (several times we had 4 in our defensive 50 at the opening bounce - WITH A LOOSE MAN!)... and we spent the next 3 quarters kicking it to the place where those numbers were. St. Kilda would actually have fared better if Lyon's offense worked the way it has oft been accused of - slowly. Instead it was the dope in Rodney's rope.

The players need to share a lot of blame. They got smashed at the clearances after quarter time... I'm stupified at having watched Luke Ball running in off a wing with Nick Dal Santo at half back with the flow out of the middle strongly against us though. It's good to try different things, but by the time Schneider was on ball in the fourth, you got the feeling Lyon was just gambling rather than creating.

As for the much doubted forward line. I actually like the forward line, and I'm willing to give them time to gel. What I dislike immensely is the number of times Milne and Schneider are the guys gontesting the drop of the ball in a tall forward line. I'm also staggered by the suggestion Kosi is not in his prime, I wonder when his prime is scheduled?

I'm more than happy to credit Eade and the Dogs with a great game Friday night. To come back after quarter time and win nearly every key stat showed character and skill - the Dogs have been vastly underestimated by many, including me. However, with that as a given, the Dogs earned a win from 6 goals down, but it was St. Kilda that made sure it was 40 points worth.

I'm not calling for Lyon's head yet, but I'm moving further and further to the view that he's not up to the job. I hope he proves me wrong...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
I'm self appointed mate. Like you are the self appointed site 'knob jockey' to use vernacular you would understand.

'mr bump gump' is the best you can come up with? :lol:

Knew it wouldn't take long to get a bite from you though. Can't help yourself can you?

I doubt you have received your warning though....hopefully continual bumping of this sort of thing from you will either get some action from Admin or at the very least open your eyes to your actions. I'm 99.9% sure the latter is impossible though.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Warnings given as appropriate..but..once AGAIN..mods cant be here 24/7..so please a little less of the "why havent mods done anything??"

Please keep on topic now thanks

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Hence why the continual bumping, rather than letting the offending thread fall into oblivion.

Can we assume though that the comments in this thread have resulted in an actual warning?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Hence why the continual bumping, rather than letting the offending thread fall into oblivion.

Can we assume though that the comments in this thread have resulted in an actual warning?
Yes

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Thank you.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote: Like you are the self appointed site 'knob jockey'
Mods, can I assume that this comment has actually resulted in a warning?

I sincerely hope that I do not have to keep bumping this thread up, to bring this to the mods attention.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I'm pretty sure that comment is off topic.

But for any persons in doubt, those quotation marks around that comment mean that the words belong to someone else.

In this case, that would be you.

But thanks for highlighting your appallingness once again.

Now, back on topic, I seriously doubt Ross Lyon owns a computer that would visit this site.