Offical Teams Round 10 - Here!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i agree jeff.
comes out with tough comments during the week
and then makes pansy decisions
:evil:

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Milne was as soft as anyone last week. I can understand why people would be pointing the finger at him.

Unless there's some significant outs in the final team, Ross has refused to backup his "soft" claims.

Fiora is an easy target. Him and Fisher are the scapegoats.

If Ross wants to call the team "soft" (actually he went further than that claiming it was common knowledge), then he's got have the balls to make some tough calls.

So far all I've seen is him taking the easy option. And he wonders why the players have become "soft". :roll:
Good post JD. Think he has to make some tough calls: Schneider, Dempster, Gram, King can't be too far away from being dropped...

The Saints are coming!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Milne was as soft as anyone last week. I can understand why people would be pointing the finger at him.

Unless there's some significant outs in the final team, Ross has refused to backup his "soft" claims.

If Ross wants to call the team "soft" (actually he went further than that claiming it was common knowledge), then he's got have the balls to make some tough calls.

So far all I've seen is him taking the easy option. And he wonders why the players have become "soft". :roll:
Huh? So...you'd challenge your players for being 'soft', then drop them from the team in favour of a handfull of seconds, so the softies can sit the game out and ponder just how soft they've been...IMO, that doesn't make any sense at all? One or two new inclusions, yeah, but replace the whole team with unknowns??? I didn't get that from RL's comments at all.

Fiora and L Fisher may be scapegoats, but they're also the easiest to replace, they're in such poor form, you could send anyone out to do a better job.

JeffDunne

Who said anything about replacing the whole team?

Can we at least stay within the realm of reality?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Who said anything about replacing the whole team?

Can we at least stay within the realm of reality?
I will if you will.

They've made some changes, but you want 'ballsy' changes with...replacing sof players with equally soft or untried players doesn't sound like the answer to me. Who would you ideally like you and who would replace them? Or don'yt you know?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

in a way im glad Ross didnt make wholesale changes gives the "softys" a chance to attone for thier soft performance

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
degruch
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:in a way im glad Ross didnt make wholesale changes gives the "softys" a chance to attone for thier soft performance
That's what I'm trying to say here...thanks Trav. If your kid starts doing badly with their homework, you don't pull them out of school.

Admittedly, there are some players who are so soft they're practically liquid...not much point in giving Fiora another go, me thinks, his final trial was last week and he failed badly.

JeffDunne

How many chances do you give some blokes?

Schneider was as soft as anyone last week. In fact, he was so soft that his performance would have been seen as soft had he been playing touch footy.

If anyone needs a rocket it is him.

Dempster . . . meh. I'd prefer Leigh Fisher.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:How many chances do you give some blokes?

Schneider was as soft as anyone last week. In fact, he was so soft that his performance would have been seen as soft had he been playing touch footy.

If anyone needs a rocket it is him.

Dempster . . . meh. I'd prefer Leigh Fisher.
Agreed, we have other forward options we could try. Who knows, the team isn't finalised yet, so Schnieds and Dumpster might just go yet! I'd rather see Armo back in, with just about everyone else on this forum.

Maybe, as someone pointed out, there's a bit of ol' skool favouritism for the ex-Sydney boys there???

JeffDunne

Every coach has their favourites.

Lyon probably has more confidence in them, which in itself is a worry after 12 months in the job. But I guess he has to prove himself correct too.

I'll reserve my judgement until the final team is announced but I'd be disappointed if Ross didn't pot a harder target than Fiora.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Every coach has their favourites.

Lyon probably has more confidence in them, which in itself is a worry after 12 months in the job. But I guess he has to prove himself correct too.

I'll reserve my judgement until the final team is announced but I'd be disappointed if Ross didn't pot a harder target than Fiora.
Well...Schnieds WAS a gun, so you'd have to place some faith in him after all thats been said. Can't comment on Dumpster...never saw him play with the Swans. If the issue at St Kilda is one of the game plan not being followed, I guess RL would have more faith in ex-Sydney players being capable of following it (as we're not the same as the Swans, but there's big elements of their game involved...much to my disgust too JD), you never know. But it could have been worse...he could have left Fiora in the team!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone heard what the final make up of the side is? !!

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Gram is by far our softest player, and should be in the ressies. How this guy continually gets a game baffles me. He's a joke at the moment.

HarveysDeciple

degruch wrote:

Huh? So...you'd challenge your players for being 'soft', then drop them from the team in favour of a handfull of seconds, so the softies can sit the game out and ponder just how soft they've been...IMO, that doesn't make any sense at all? One or two new inclusions, yeah, but replace the whole team with unknowns??? I didn't get that from RL's comments at all.

Fiora and L Fisher may be scapegoats, but they're also the easiest to replace, they're in such poor form, you could send anyone out to do a better job.
agree 100% with that.

Some boys probably know they are on notice and must perform, set them that challenge in the ones.

JeffDunne

How long do you keep them on notice HD?

We had everything to play for last week and still they couldn't pull their finger out.

I reckon it's pretty bloody lame to be saying we have a "few" soft players and then keep them in the team. So what, they play hard this week and all is forgiven? If a player puts in a soft performance IMO they've lost their spot in the 22.

The problem with this team is nobody earns their spot.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

when is the final team anounced?

bergsone
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:How long do you keep them on notice HD?

We had everything to play for last week and still they couldn't pull their finger out.

I reckon it's pretty bloody lame to be saying we have a "few" soft players and then keep them in the team. So what, they play hard this week and all is forgiven? If a player puts in a soft performance IMO they've lost their spot in the 22.

Agree mostly with what your saying,but i reckon that the Hayes,Harvey etc do earn their spot,unfortunately they are grtting tarred with the samebrush,as others whodont appear to earn their spot,

degruch
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:How long do you keep them on notice HD?

Yeah, but that means you'd get rid of Dal Santo, Gram (who we just signed up for 3 years!), Milne...they're tough calls, because they're all proven performers who could win you the game. Would you be happy as a supporter, if we got rid of those guys, replaced 'em with Geary, Howard, Stevens, and we then got smashed to bits?

I don't believe some of these players will get away with one hard week, because we've got to win the next three games especially, to get this season back on track. If we blow it, guys like those I've mentioned above have blown it too, and I doubt they'll be there next year.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Gram is by far our softest player, and should be in the ressies. How this guy continually gets a game baffles me. He's a joke at the moment.
AMEN TO THAT !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:Every coach has their favourites.

Well...Schnieds WAS a gun, so you'd have to place some faith in him after all thats been said. Can't comment on Dumpster...never saw him play with the Swans. If the issue at St Kilda is one of the game plan not being followed, I guess RL would have more faith in ex-Sydney players being capable of following it (as we're not the same as the Swans, but there's big elements of their game involved...much to my disgust too JD), you never know. But it could have been worse...he could have left Fiora in the team!
Sorry you never saw dempster play with sydney but you say schneider was a gun, how could you see him and miss dempster?

at best schneider was player 15-20 at sydney, was and never will be a gun

but boy apparently a big reputation

saintDal
Club Player

Final side

ST KILDA
B: Jason Blake, Max Hudghton, Sean Dempster
HB: Jason Gram, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Nick Dal Santo, Luke Ball, Leigh Montagna
HF: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Clint Jones
F: Shane Birss, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Foll: Steven King, Lenny Hayes, Robert Harvey
Int: Michael Gardiner, Jarryn Geary, Matthew Ferguson, David Armitage
Emg: Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt

In: Ferguson, Armitage
Out: Aaron Fiora, Leigh Fisher

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Final teams

ST KILDA
B: Jason Blake, Max Hudghton, Sean Dempster
HB: Jason Gram, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Nick Dal Santo, Luke Ball, Leigh Montagna
HF: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Clint Jones
F: Shane Birss, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Foll: Steven King, Lenny Hayes, Robert Harvey
Int: Michael Gardiner, Jarryn Geary, Matthew Ferguson, David Armitage
Emg: Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt

In: Ferguson, Armitage
Out: Aaron Fiora, Leigh Fisher

MELBOURNE
B: Matthew Warnock, Colin Garland, Daniel Bell
HB: Colin Sylvia, James Frawley, Cameron Bruce
C: Clint Bartram, Brock McLean, Matthew Bate
HF: Brad Green, Russell Robertson, Brent Moloney
F: Simon Buckley, Brad Miller, Austin Wonaeamirri
Foll: Jeff White, James McDonald, Nathan Jones
Int: Lynden Dunn, Paul Wheatley, Paul Johnson, Adem Yze
Emg: Jace Bode, Chris Johnson, Ben Holland

In: Lynden Dunn, Colin Sylvia, Paul Wheatley, Jeff White, Adem Yze
Out: Aaron Davey (hamstring), Cale Morton (flu), Shane Valenti (omitted), Mark Jamar (omitted), Holland

Yeah nah pleasing positive
hotdish
Club Player

Great to see Fergo get a game - I haven't been a fan of his but am happy to see that he's got his chance to make me eat humble pie.

Holland out for Melbourne - I think this is a sign that Robertson will be a late withdrawal for melborune, as Holland was a key target for them in the forward line and kicked 3 goals from memory. I wouldn't have dropped Holland...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

2 Changes....

Soft, Lyon, soft.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Schneider has don FA.....and does not deserve his spot.....nice to have a relationship with the coach....he has kicked few goals, has been smashed by his opponents the other way, and generates nothing..

McQualter is unlucky as a small fwd....has kicked more than 10 goals at Casey, puts on good tackling pressure, and locks the ball in.....I now see Mini as a neat small fwd, with good pressuring skills...

Clint Jones and Blake's skills will kill us....they are both deplorable decision makers, and woeful by foot....