Raph Clarke supporters thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Well done Raph!!!!! Great game!! You put the doubters to shame!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Liked Raph's game yesterday.

After looking really good at the end of '08, it's been dissapointing to see him hesitant and making the poor one step kicks again - when I watch Raph, I tend to relax after his 2nd step, it's amazing the difference between his 1 foot lobs and his passes once he's got some run going - watching him yesterday, after his first couple of touches, he almost seemed to transform.

By the 3rd quarter, he really appeared to want the ball, he worked hard for it, he backed into contests, he looked to mark when around HB rather than spoil all the time. As well as making the tackle for holding the ball, mid 4th quarter, he ran the length of the ground a couple of times without receiving the ball. If he keeps making those efforts, he'll start converting some of his detractors.

(note: That may be optimistic of course - late in the 4th quarter, with no clangers to his name, and 50 points up there were still people around me calling out in protest every time he received the ball)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
spert
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Raph is a bit like Goddard a few years ago where half of this forum wanted him out of the team, but the potential was still evident. Raph has a big plus in that he put in a good finals effort last year.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Very pleased with Raphs performance! Good to see one of the Clarkys in there up and firing! Love to see X back when he's right to go!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Confidence is the key to Raph Clarke.

Seemed to have his confidence up from the word go yesterday and his decision making was the real winner for it - not just with the ball. On numerous occasions he left his man (or the man in his zone) to preempt the ball movement and crunch Crow players who had no time to do anything with the ball.

Really pleased with that aspect of his game. Was also clean with disposal (helps when he is a loose man in defence for a fair bit of the game - that is to say when the Saints are manning up on players at centre bounces) and many times was organising the backlines zone defence.

Nice to see and I reckon EVERYBODY on here hopes to see that continue.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Raphs confidence yeaterday may have stemmed from Thursday nights team listing!

"No Luke Ball but I am still in the team - I must be doing something right - better keep it up!"

But then again - Maybe not!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!