Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

Obviously the guy is guilty until proven innocent.

Let's just follow the "I told you so" crowd and get rid of him.

Then if there's nothing in it, we can welcome him back and blame the media.

That's the SS way, isn't it?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill wait till i hear all the facts from the club or the coppers

hence

but where theres smoke........ :? :?:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I hope we just suspend him for 4 weeks of the H&A season and fine him $20K.

And give him a third and final chance.

I really want a flag.....I just hope this clown hasn't stepped too far this time.
well if charged i hope they sack him!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I hope we just suspend him for 4 weeks of the H&A season and fine him $20K.

I really want a flag.....I just hope this clown hasn't stepped too far this time.
but what happens if he is then found not guilty?

I get the feeling the Club has seen how the Melbourne Storm handled the 'Greg Inglis case' and has used it as a model in this instance.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Is Goddard part of the Leadership Group?

Would have loved to see his face, and hear his reaction after being contacted by the club on the first morning of their holidays in regards to the Lovett situation.

Would make me feel better to say the least.

Seriously how pissed would the others be. Mighty pissed I'd say.

To the top
SS Life Member

There are assumptions by some as to 'the position the player put himself in'.

The Devil's Advocate position must be put because, from what I have read, I am unaware of where this alleged incident occured.

It may be that he was at his home, in a domestic situation or he may have been in a park having met with the woman on the street.

So, unless there is something that I have not seen, statements such as 'the position the player put himself in' would seem premature.

The reputation of Victoria Police is not pristine because they can be seduced by the publicity attaching to a high profile alleged defendant.

They are not always successful in prosecutions, even in high profile matters.

I do not take 'sides' in this and my objection is of those commentating at this very, very early juncture and before any details are known - and even before any Charge/s are considered much less laid.

No matter it be a Carey, an Archer or a Lovett, or you or me, we deserve the right of the presumption of innocence because that is our legal system.

My wife queried me the other night as to how the person accused of driving a vehicle into a dam, which killed his 3 children, can get a fair re- trial given media publicity - and particularly the inference in a nightly commercial television news service which I also watched (but do not normally).

I conceded she had a very valid point and that that point could very well be tested at Court.

Very, very fine lines must be trodden.

At the end of the day, we all trust justice is done and only the guilty are found guilty - as a deterent to others considering similar illegal activities.

And that the guilty are re-habilitated to serve a useful function in our diverse and complicated society.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:

I get the feeling the Club has seen how the Melbourne Storm handled the 'Greg Inglis case' and has used it as a model in this instance.

Quick overview of the process?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Gee this couldnt get worse.

Quoting from Fox Sports News:

Met a girl (a former girl friend of a footballer from another team) at one hotel.....and took her back to a mates apartment.

Alleged "rape" (this word was used twice) happened while the girl was sleeping.

Did this just get a little worse?

I'm afraid he might be gone......

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:

Accusation is made to the police.

The player advises the Club

The Club stands the player down until full investigation is carried out by the relevant authorities.

In Inglis' case the police laid assault charges against Inglis.

The Storm lifted the suspension some 4-5 weeks later on the basis of what Inglis and is lawyers told them where the circumstances from his perspective and the fact that he was intending to plead not guilty.

Inglis resumes playing for Storm, including in the Premiership and then subsequently for Australia

Inglis goes to Court, pleads not guilty, and the case is adjourned to a later date.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:

The Club stands the player down until full investigation is carried out by the relevant authorities.

The Storm lifted the suspension some 4-5 weeks later on the basis of what Inglis and is lawyers told them where the circumstances from his perspective and the fact that he was intending to plead not guilty.

Inglis resumes playing for Storm, including in the Premiership and then subsequently for Australia

Inglis goes to Court, pleads not guilty, and the case is adjourned to a later date.

Cheers.

Its a difficult situation because even if charges are ;aid, he may be found not guilty.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:

Cheers.

Its a difficult situation because even if charges are ;aid, he may be found not guilty.
Correct.
And if he's sacked by the CLub and subsequently found 'not guilty' then I'd imagine he'd have a strong legal case against the Club for loss of wages, earning capacity and who knows what else?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Essendon are laughing their arses off.

I hope Peake can play.

F*** what a useless pathetic trade.

Terrible.

Really, how many chances does this bloke get?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

I'm more concerned about the girl... the rest is academic.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:At this point it is ALLEGATION ONLY so we all need to be careful what we post on this issue.

However, I do have concerns that it has gone beyond this as the club has acted very quickly to "Indefinately" suspend him and inform the media that he is to have NOTHING to do with the club in the short term. This to me suggests that the club is in posession of more information than has been publicly released.

The "Media Conference" at 4.00pm may or may not shed some more light on this subject. In the meantime, TREAD CAREFULLY FOLKS as NO charges have been laid
Eastern you forgot the double exclamatiom marks. You better amend your post!!

Another opportunity awaits!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I'm more concerned about the girl... the rest is academic.
True. Lets not forget the victim in this.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
To the top
SS Life Member

Not really, Spinner.

From the fact that someone is saying that the woman and Lovett went together to a private address it may come down to a matter of consent, or when consent was allegedly withdrawn.

IF (again that word!) this is how this matter plays out it will not be the first such allegation/defence - or the last.

iremember66
Club Player

markp wrote:I'm more concerned about the girl... the rest is academic.
Ah! at last.

Well said markp.

Saintersss
Club Player

Allegedly took place at another Saints apartment, which might be why the reporters where asking if any other Saints players were being investigated and MN was adament that no other saint players were invovled.

Anyways its looking worse and worse and I think Lovett is pretty much gone.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cant believe this farkign guy.

Ross Lyon has a lot to answer for regarding this idiotic pick. :evil: :evil:

Lance or James??

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

If true then what a piece of human trash.

Tie him up at Linton St and let him be made an example of...flog him,then hand him back to the law

Bring back the Lockett era
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:Allegedly took place at another Saints apartment, which might be why the reporters where asking if any other Saints players were being investigated and MN was adament that no other saint players were invovled.

Anyways its looking worse and worse and I think Lovett is pretty much gone.

Yes, I was sure that the Fox report said another Saints players apartment.

But posted it as 'mate' to be safe.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Things are looking bloody great :roll:

Nothing for Ball and #16 for this jerkoff

Lance or James??

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Things are looking bloody great :roll:

Nothing for Ball and #16 for this jerkoff

I remember a rumor of Pick 16 and Ball for Bourgoyne.

Heartbeat in hindsight.

StSteven
Club Player

My senses tell me this is going to get very very ugly......

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Cant compare this to the M&M incident, or Greg Inglis for that matter

Lovett has form, and worse has form agasint women. He came to the Club no doubt having had the riot act read to him by the coaching staff and leadership group. I bet the words "zero tolerance" were thrown around. SO now, after one slight transgression that we were prepared to write off as happening before he knew any of his teamates, here we are with some VERY serious allegations being made against him. Allegations not a million miles away from the sort of thing that caused Essendon to lose patience with him. He did NOT come to us as a cleanskin remember

I'm sorry, but these kind of accusations bring out a red mist in me. Bugger presumption of innocence, given his history and what he should be trying to prove, Andrew Lovett should have been tucked up in bed at home, or serving Xmas dinners to the homeless, not out at a pub getting messy. Bit hard to be accused of anything if your home watching the late movie

A minder? Pfft hes not a rookie. RL has stated we arent a babysitting service and nor should we be. We owe him nothing. If anything formal comes of these investigations then he's lost my respect as a human being and I DONT want him in a St Kilda jumper. Zero tolerance, boot the stupid buggers sorry ass out the door. Had your chance and you screwed up deluxe

Sorry, Im not normally prone to fits of Neil Mitchell-esque ranting, but as I said above, this alleged kind of behaviour towards women sickens me

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor