Robbo will be interviewing Rossy today- the Lovett question

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just read the whole interview

Thought RL was brilliant....played a totally straight bat to a tabloid journo whose only concern was a big headline to sell his paper and pump up his own tyres

"Saints fans want to know whats going on"...umm only the gossip-obsessed ones who think your paper is great journalism Mark :roll:
Umm brilliant? please explain what was brilliant about it. RL is under strict instructions from legal advisers - do not discuss anything to do with lovett until after police proceedings have finished. its pretty f*cking simple. its a no brainer.

not sure how u deem it "brilliant".

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:thinline....i love this line...

"but for mine don't kid yourself, the bulk of the paper hacks covering the game are gossiping, nepotistic drunks, plain and simple."

....pure gold....and spot on the money.....

..ps.....a couple of them are butt ugly as well..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hear hear! i also enjoyed that line :-)

caro and tim lane just harp on and on about the same non issues. tim lane really has to be the worlds most boring man. he is just obsessed with really mundane administrative matters of the afl. thats it. he is in the wrong job.

Milton66
SS Life Member

That interview was nothing but fodder for the fans.

Robbo did his best Hutchie impersonation by fishing for a headline.. but got nothing from Lyon.

You can see by the questions he asked. What a waste.

As if RL was going to discuss Lovett, or bag players in public, or discuss our gameplan. Looks like Robbo gets on here and then types up his questions.

A waste of paper IMO.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
goodie
Club Player

'I said I can't comment' Image

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I would like to know what other questions people thought could of been asked to make for a better interview?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I would like to know what other questions people thought could of been asked to make for a better interview?
I see it as a case of two people coming from opposing directions with opposing agendas. To that point, both did exactly what was expected of them. I reckon I'd enjoy a beer and a chat with either/both of them !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:I would like to know what other questions people thought could of been asked to make for a better interview?
The point I was making is that he'd have to be a total nuffie to believe that he'd get answers to certain questions. For example, why carry on about Lovett for so long?

Did he think he'd break Ross... or was he trying to look as if he was asking the "hard" questions?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
I see it as a case of two people coming from opposing directions with opposing agendas. To that point, both did exactly what was expected of them. I reckon I'd enjoy a beer and a chat with either/both of them !!
well....one of them anyway.....you don't want to be seen drinking with a journo...imhfo.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:
well....one of them anyway.....you don't want to be seen drinking with a journo...imhfo.... :wink: :lol:
What if he's paying :?: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:
What if he's paying :?: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: !!

what....?....you can be brought...???.....want more than a few beers mate...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
The point I was making is that he'd have to be a total nuffie to believe that he'd get answers to certain questions. For example, why carry on about Lovett for so long?

Did he think he'd break Ross... or was he trying to look as if he was asking the "hard" questions?
I agree, so what else could he have talked about?

Armo, and how to oppose the pull from the GC?
How did he repair the relationship with Dal after he was dropped, and how was that different?

Must of been something else to talk about some more...

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

I agree, so what else could he have talked about?

Armo, and how to oppose the pull from the GC?
How did he repair the relationship with Dal after he was dropped, and how was that different?

Must of been something else to talk about some more...
To be honest, the only comments of merit is that it cleared up the Ball issue for me. 3 year deal over $1m on the table... LB chose to walk out.

Could talk about changes at the club.. more positive things.

Where do they see the improvement this year?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:

exactly
nuffie personified.

nuffie knows the drill...so maybe ask once (even then its not called for)
but twice, three times maybe??

trying to look like a hard hitting journo that isnt afraid to ask the tough questions??

after the second time i would of just got up and walked off...interview over nuffie

could of asked about preseason and has peoples PBs improved in drills etc.
is mcevoy ready to step up?
will the youth get a decent run in the opening round of the NAB?
hows walsh coming along, has he adapted well...what does he have to improve?
mat maguire?...the club thought he wasnt going to be back to his best footy??

plenty of Qs could of been asked

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:iew over nuffie

yep...

...but impressd with ross all the same....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

exactly
nuffie personified.

trying to look like a hard hitting journo that isnt afraid to ask the tough questions??

after the second time i would of just got up and walked off...interview over nuffie

Don't think Rupert Murdoch will be beating your door down any time soon.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

correct nuffie

he doesnt know where i live
:roll:

nice try baiter boy
find another one

degruch
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Don't think Rupert Murdoch will be beating your door down any time soon.
Correct...it might make for interesting reading...Rupert wouldn't want that.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
matrix wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

exactly
nuffie personified.

Don't think Rupert Murdoch will be beating your door down any time soon.
I'm surprised that he didn't ask why after such a successful year... RL reverted to the kick-it-to-Roo gameplan which ultimately cost us a grand final... or that he didn't even ask about those huge mistakes that RL has made.

Hmmm...

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Ah the off season. Main thing displayed by that article is there's so little footy news to go around that they'll print an interview that is 60% made up of non-replies. That wasn't indicative of Robbo being a good/bad journalist, that was evidence that sometimes being a reporter is just a job. His only options were to write another feelgood PR story, or to ask questions which were incredibly unlikely to be answered.

The only other thing I think might be worth taking note of is the difference in responsibilities where reporting for a newspaper vs anyone with a direct connection to Lovett.

The papers say something, they just need a source, end of responsibility. Anyone who might actually know something (including that source) says something, they'll immediately need a lawyer. No news isn't good news for Lovett, but before reading anything more than that into it, unless you've heard something direct from a quality source you trust 100% to have the goods, BIG grain of salt needed - the only thing going for the bigfooty version is that it's the only story in town.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
I'm surprised that he didn't ask why after such a successful year... RL reverted to the kick-it-to-Roo gameplan which ultimately cost us a grand final... or that he didn't even ask about those huge mistakes that RL has made.

Hmmm...
He did.

Ross answered along the lines "Geelong tweaked afew things, we tweaked a few things". When pushed by Robbo, Ross told him that he would not answer specifics because "thats our intellectual property" !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Just caught the tail end of Robbo on SEN with Daniel Harford. From the bit I heard it sounded like Robbo was suggesting that Luke Ball was being well & truly overpaid in 2009. This would have come about from the interview with Ross. Did anyone hear the whole thing? !!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am sure everyone on here would agree that Luke was overpaid last year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

One thing in the interview I liked is how Ross just decides to answer questions when he wants to.....take the GF recovery.....Ross goes off and starts talking about it....Robbo says..."yeah I'll get to that"......Ross ignores him and keeps talking......Robbo says..."ok.....lets deal with that now...."

Shove it up em.

“Yeah….nah””
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Whilst I thought Luke Ball gave everything he had for us - I personally think if he was on 500K - he was way overpaid for performance. 350K - like we seemed to have offered was on the money.
But we will need to see what he does for Coll to see one way or another I guess. So sad to see a good player leave just for mercenary reasons - so he can just f*ck off and dream about being in a GF team!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Shove it up em.
Why is it a good idea to 'shove it up' the people who report on the game?