Goodbye and good luck

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Mods need to clean this site up.
they tried and are still trying...but apparently in the eyes of some they cleaned up the wrong parts, or the wrong people, cos their efforts continue to be met with derision

...not from me..... :wink: :lol: .....i'm as happy as a pig in sh!t........want gazza back though......i can wait....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
if you feel so STRONGLY about this icon then try and get it removed.....i think it's a classic....
All emoticons (icons?) are great when used in the right context.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Just to clarify.....the whole sentence/paragraph would be deleted in my Mod world, not just the offending words.

As has been shown by my learned colleagues, the 'edit' can be used just as effectively as the swear words!
...and any threads containing references to iSnack 2.0.
I really wish I'd bought a case of that stuff... it'll be worth more than Grange one day!... or at very least would make funny gifts.
i saw both of it (the diff names) next to each other in woolies last week
i can buy ya a slab (no, not beer) and bring it over finals time if ya like lol

:)

markp
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Just to clarify.....the whole sentence/paragraph would be deleted in my Mod world, not just the offending words.

As has been shown by my learned colleagues, the 'edit' can be used just as effectively as the swear words!
...and any threads containing references to iSnack 2.0.
I really wish I'd bought a case of that stuff... it'll be worth more than Grange one day!... or at very least would make funny gifts.
i saw both of it (the diff names) next to each other in woolies last week
i can buy ya a slab (no, not beer) and bring it over finals time if ya like lol

Grange??? :P

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well that joint is 20 mins away too mate
so you hand over the cash first and ill get that too

lurker#134
Club Player

Saint Mik wrote: 3 posts in total, you have no credit to be commenting on this topic :roll:

If only we had a tounge in cheek little facey thing :wink:

This place use to be great, but now all you seem to read is other people rubbishing others just to make them feel more worthy or something (not to sure as he scratches his head)

Love the footy talk but yawn at alot on here now and just shake my head.

And yes I know I may cop it from others for saying something but hey just another yawn fest.

Still doesn't take away from the fact my comments were pretty accurate judging on the majority of posts past after mine. :D

Btw I think :razz: is a good emoticon for tounge in cheek.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Saint Mik wrote:
lurker#134 wrote:Part time reader, 3rd time poster here.

It seems to me from my perspective that the mods/admin should be doing more to clean up this place. Currently mods do not = gods.

The first thing I noticed when I first came here was the disorganised and muddled all the threads were. Threads that were small enough to not
even warrant a new thread and also threads that are just plain stupid but yet I never seen any locks in this place. Then there is this thread which is clearly off-topic but again, nothing will be done.

Also reading the rules I came across:

1a. No posting in a disrespectful, defamatory, harassing, offensive, adversarial, baiting, offensive, sarcastic or otherwise insulting or demeaning manner. Excessive baiting and sarcasm are particularly prohibited.

I have seen example of this plenty of times and as far as I am aware nothing has been done about of this.

The mods really need to start doing something about this place. I think bans and probations are in order.

/2¢

wouldn't it just be ironic if I were banned?

oh yeah, go sainters!
3 posts in total, you have no credit to be commenting on this topic :roll:

If only we had a tounge in cheek little facey thing :wink:

This place use to be great, but now all you seem to read is other people rubbishing others just to make them feel more worthy or something (not to sure as he scratches his head)

Love the footy talk but yawn at alot on here now and just shake my head.

And yes I know I may cop it from others for saying something but hey just another yawn fest.

I don't think it should matter how many posts someone has. It is not a pi$$ing contest.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what is a pissing contest?

is it about height?
distance?
duration?

or a combo of all three and the all round effort???

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:what is a pissing contest?

is it about height?
distance?
duration?

A set of 5 judges mark the performance out of 10
Things they assess to arrive at their mark:-
Power
Height
Flow rate
distance
duration

those 5 marks are averaged and then multiplied by the degree of difficulty (as set out in the rulebook of the IPCA)

The competitor with the highest mark wins the pyssing contest.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
matrix wrote:what is a pissing contest?

is it about height?
distance?
duration?

A set of 5 judges mark the performance out of 10
Things they assess to arrive at their mark:-
Power
Height
Flow rate
distance
duration

those 5 marks are averaged and then multiplied by the degree of difficulty (as set out in the rulebook of the IPCA)

The competitor with the highest mark wins the pyssing contest.
The night-pissing pre-season comp will also award extra points for the visibility of the pissing location.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
lurker#134 wrote: The first thing I noticed when I first came here was the disorganised and muddled all the threads were. Threads that were small enough to not
even warrant a new thread and also threads that are just plain stupid but yet I never seen any locks in this place. Then there is this thread which is clearly off-topic but again, nothing will be done.

......was HOW disorganised.........

......never SAW any locks in this ...........

....ffs....learn the queen's english before you lecture us...or the mods.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Try starting a sentence with a capital letter and ending it with one full stop before you lecture others on their grammar.

I would have thought both 'Queen' and 'English' were deserving of capital letters.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
She does like the limelight...... :roll:
bobmurray wrote:I dont need to explain it to you ,i dont care if you're on your high horse,i dont care how defensive you get...my comment was correct..especially this week.... :idea: :roll:
No you don't need to explain it to me or anyone just why you suggested that saintbrat likes the limelight, at least I am on some "high horse"..

FACT is saintbrat does heaps for OUR Club and believe me, I am not riding some called "high horse"...

To suggest that this poster "likes the limelight" and yet is endorsed by our Club, and then to hint that I am "riding some sort of high horse" is laughable IMO..

If you do not have the dignity to digress from your rolling eyes about saintbrat and label me on some "high horse" well go for it IMO.....

saintbrat is not into any of this crapola, and I just wanted to defend her on her non stop ST Kilda campaign, that she is so devoted to and spends most of her time after work on anything to do with the St Kilda Football Club.

Hey why don't you ring the Club and find out????

And flower your "whatever" remark...

You insulted a poster that has never insulted anyone and just reports anything that's available. Your post that she loves the limelight with rolling eyes is an insult not just to her personally, but to many on this site...

May I suggest you take this so called "high horse" and ride off somewhere :roll: :roll:
you can suggest whatever you like.....i suggest you google the phrase..

"blow out of proportion"...

oh..try and keep up with what goes on around here..we shouldn't have to spell it out to you just because "YOU" dont get it.... :idea:

if you feel so STRONGLY about this icon :roll: then try and get it removed.....i think it's a classic.... :lol:
Yep, I do believe you suggested I was in some way "riding on my high horse"...
when I defended a poster on here that has links to our "Club"...

again, the poster that you stated "loves the limelight" is mentioned in the St Kilda Membership Brochure ....

LOL how good do you look in suggesting that saintbrat "loves the limelight" and try to turn it around
"blow out of proportion".
It is not about blowing out of proportion, its about suggesting that one of our posters "loves the limelight"...

and you do not have the decency to apologise for your post and continue to have a dig ...

Yep, gee you are really good and are no doubt proud of this .........
bobmurray wrote:
Hint...

Move the flower on, because you are an embarrassment in this thread
:idea:
:roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

It would be good to hear from the OP, Perfectionist because every other post on the thread is from other people including me. Over 80 posts, infact. I hope this one gets sorted because Saintbrat is a critical part of the forum and I don't think she would ever try to offend anyone on the forum. No emoticons.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray.....

You may think it is somewhat cool to bag or insult a poster on here and It's quite ironic that you have chosen this thread to do so...

The poster you have chosen has never said a bad word to anyone and you must feel like some sort of faceless hero to say this...
bobmurray wrote:
markp wrote:Actually DSG, I think it has to do with the sticky about travelling to interstate games.... and maybe he's upset with... Saintbrat :o :?
Yep, you must be proud of yourself.....

If you want to feel better show your partner and or kids just how heroic you are and let them see what you have typed.

You are just classless

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:bobmurray.....

You may think it is somewhat cool to bag or insult a poster on here and It's quite ironic that you have chosen this thread to do so...

The poster you have chosen has never said a bad word to anyone and you must feel like some sort of faceless hero to say this...
bobmurray wrote:
markp wrote:Actually DSG, I think it has to do with the sticky about travelling to interstate games.... and maybe he's upset with... Saintbrat :o :?

If you want to feel better show your partner and or kids just how heroic you are and let them see what you have typed.

You are just classless
you are getting quite weird,i was always in 2 minds but now it's crystal clear,sad really...

i'm not taking anymore space with this worthless conversation,it's not dealing with perfectionists issue.....all i did was back him up....

i stand by my comment....still

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:bobmurray.....

bobmurray wrote:

You are just classless
You must be kidding St Fid.
All bobmurray did was state a fact, that Saintbrat accepted.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Another woe is me ragequit thread...

Awesome.