Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:Do you even follow the Saints?

Same question I asked you a few weeks ago old boy ... ?
Just show me one post where i havent supported the Saints. Went to WA last week and it wasnt for a holiday, it was to see the Saints. Why would you suggest I dont follow the Saints. Is it that I dont whinge about the umpires, the media, the commentators, the other clubs or the AFL. Is that what a true Saints supporter does in your opinion.

Do you follow the Saints or just my posts?
You only whinge about what everybody else likes to talk about , why not add to the topic instead of pulling people down ?
Pot Kettle etc

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'm not normally the first to want to jump in and defend plugger66 (I reckon he can look after himself anyway0

BUT

Come on, guiys, the story hasn't even been aired yet and we're devising conspiracy theories involving Malthouse and McGuire (and what's his exact role at Channel 9 these days, anyway? Some sort of "head of special projects" was my take on it).

What would be in it for Collingwood to bring the M&M incident up now? Sure, Malthouse had a go at Milne about it when Milne was yapping in his face. Lots of people probably would. So we're supposed to believe that two months later they have tracked down the women involved to get back at Milne? Doesn't seem likely to me. Or somehow to protect Beams? Protect him from what exacly?

If someone involved in the 2004 incident - which, up to now, has been hidden behind a veil of silence - is prepared to speak now to a media outlet, then that is always going to be a good story it is going to get lots of profile. And it would be the same if it was about Collingwood players or Socceroos or any prominent sportspeople.

Try to keep it real, guys.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Middo
Club Player

GoTheTorp wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Just show me one post where i havent supported the Saints. Went to WA last week and it wasnt for a holiday, it was to see the Saints. Why would you suggest I dont follow the Saints. Is it that I dont whinge about the umpires, the media, the commentators, the other clubs or the AFL. Is that what a true Saints supporter does in your opinion.

You only whinge about what everybody else likes to talk about , why not add to the topic instead of pulling people down ?
Pot Kettle etc

Just him.... :D

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

See that is the thing I am not whinging. The people complaining about everything are the ones whinging. Surely if you arent complaing about an issue say umpiring you arent whinging. I just try to add a bit of logic to the us against the world arguement.

Did you find any posts to suggest I wasnt a Saints supporter?

Anyway go Saints.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

See that is the thing I am not whinging. The people complaining about everything are the ones whinging. Surely if you arent complaing about an issue say umpiring you arent whinging. I just try to add a bit of logic to the us against the world arguement.

Anyway go Saints.
Yep Go Saints ...bring on Friday !!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
manoffewwords
Club Player

Can someone please post the upshot of the story when it is aired.
I am stuck at work and will miss it.

Thanks

Say something once why say it again?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Anyway go Saints.
plugger66 is clearly a Saints supporter - but he doesn't support Saints supporters.

This is considered an act of treachery by lots of Saints supporters.

The hypocrisy is that plugger66 seems to consider Saints fans that don't support the AFL machine to be guilty of some loose form of treachery too.

That diagnosis is free too.

That is all.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Anyway go Saints.
plugger66 is clearly a Saints supporter - but he doesn't support Saints supporters.

This is considered an act of treachery by lots of Saints supporters.

The hypocrisy is that plugger66 seems to consider Saints fans that don't support the AFL machine to be guilty of some loose form of treachery too.

That diagnosis is free too.

That is all.
No show without punch

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yeah they mentioned new claims in the Milne and Montagna case

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Kate
Club Player

Last edited by Kate on Mon 21 Jun 2010 7:29pm, edited 3 times in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Yeah they mentioned new claims in the Milne and Montagna case
was it on news?
anything further?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Claims by the investigating detective that senior police officers told him to drop the case. Files, tapes, statements missing.

Inundated with calls and visits from other police officers telling him to let it go.

No wrong doing by the club.
Last edited by fingers on Mon 21 Jun 2010 7:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Interview with the police informant involved.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh and stay tuned 'more explosive revelations in tomorrow nights news'

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Here is my brief summary of the report:

A former Brighton detective who was involved in the Milne/Montagna investigation basically accused police colleagues of putting enormous pressure to not proceed with the case. I don't want to misquote but I'm pretty certain there was no mention of any St Kilda officials or players being involved in the scandal.

He said it was Saints supporting police colleagues who allegedly threatened the detective's future in the force. He mentioned that he was told that the girl was a (expletive deleted) who just wanted a (expletive deleted).

He said that he had to take files home every night because evidence and files allegedly diappeared for the Brighton Police Station and he was concerned more would go missing.

He did clearly say that Stephen Milne is innocent until proven guilty but alleged that it never got there because the natural course of justice wasn't followed. There was no mention of Leigh Montagna by the police officer.

One other thing he alleged was that a senior officer allegedly said that if he let this go, he would allegedly be a Saints forever.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Mon 21 Jun 2010 7:26pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kate
Club Player

Very unfair report. These two blokes have no way of defending their own names.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - anyone get the advertisers on channel 9?

Someone list the advertisers and we should all write a complaint that we are going to boycott their products.

What a bunch of BS beat up by a disgruntled copper :roll:

Basically trying to accuse M&M of being guilty (despite what he says).

Channel 9 is a disgrace.

Make that list - make it a sticky and we should all boycott products advertised on channel NEIN news.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry but this is mudracking at it's highest.

One persons testimoney. Curious if Channel 9 paid him for the interview? Why did he not go to the head of the police or even further up. No chance for the police, government, AFL or club to give their views on it....

Just feel sick to be honest....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Solar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:lol - anyone get the advertisers on channel 9?

Someone list the advertisers and we should all write a complaint that we are going to boycott their products.

What a bunch of BS beat up by a disgruntled copper :roll:

Basically trying to accuse M&M of being guilty (despite what he says).

Channel 9 is a disgrace.

Make that list - make it a sticky and we should all boycott products advertised on channel NEIN news.
agreed, pathetic reporting.. this is why I ignore any news from channel 9.

FQF
In richo I trust

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:I'm sorry but this is mudracking at it's highest.

One persons testimoney. Curious if Channel 9 paid him for the interview? Why did he not go to the head of the police or even further up. No chance for the police, government, AFL or club to give their views on it....

Just feel sick to be honest....
BOYCOTT CHANNEL NEIN ADVERTISERS.

See if they engage in this muckracking garbage once their advertisers get hundreds of complaints.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Kate wrote:Claims the club sabbotaged the investigation. :roll:
Incorrect. One of the first lines in the story was that NO pressure or bribery came from the club or anyone involved with the club. He claims there was internal pressure within the police force to drop it (which is very common for a range of cases, not just this one). At no point (and it was emphasised) did he say they were guilty and even though the evidence went missing then reappeared. The whole task force was aware of the evidence available and STILL no charges were laid. Complete beat up. The media is a circus here in Melbourne, especially when it comes to AFL football.

This is blatant sensationalism by Channel 9. It is unfortunate that our club is involved. We will weather this storm as we have others. This will have blown over by the end of the week.

By the way, if for one moment I thought these 2 boys were guilty I would be calling for them to get the chop like Lovett did.
Last edited by saint75 on Mon 21 Jun 2010 7:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I think the actual story is big news. Obviously it's just one dudes word against others - but the story of 'police corruption' is a big story.

The problem with it, is that they've clearly burnt Milne, Montagna in the process.

Apart from the 'Channel 9 aren't suggesting Milne and Montagna are guilty' line, it deadset fried them both.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

By phone:
Channel Nine Sydney (02) 9906-9999
Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9420-3111
Channel Nine Brisbane (07) 3214-9999
Channel Nine Adelaide (08) 8267 0111
Channel Nine Perth (08) 9449 9999

am calling now, gutter tactics by this broadcaster

FQF
In richo I trust

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:Claims the club sabbotaged the investigation. :roll:
[/quote]

No that's not what they said. They actually said that the club had nothing to do with it.

CH 9 is crap.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hearsay from someone with an axe to grind.

Weak.