Captaincy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

Sean wrote:
Brisvegas saint wrote:
Sean wrote:Rooey is an absolutely fine captain if not one of the best in the competition. It's not the captain we need to change to win a GF but some of the players (Kosi, Dempster, Eddy, McWalter etc) needing to step up on the big stage.
But Roo quite clearly has failed to step up. And if the captain can't step up, who can? Or do you think his performances in the past three grand finals are satisfactory for a player with his standing in the game?
No but I think Roo was hampered by a few injuries in the Grand Final. This probably effected his performance. BJ was the best for us in GF2.
You can't keep making excuses. This wasn't a one-off. He is a serial grand final failure.

Lennon
Club Player

Brisvegas saint wrote:
Sean wrote:
Brisvegas saint wrote:
Sean wrote:Rooey is an absolutely fine captain if not one of the best in the competition. It's not the captain we need to change to win a GF but some of the players (Kosi, Dempster, Eddy, McWalter etc) needing to step up on the big stage.
But Roo quite clearly has failed to step up. And if the captain can't step up, who can? Or do you think his performances in the past three grand finals are satisfactory for a player with his standing in the game?
No but I think Roo was hampered by a few injuries in the Grand Final. This probably effected his performance. BJ was the best for us in GF2.
You can't keep making excuses. This wasn't a one-off. He is a serial grand final failure.
I seriously doubt you're even a Saints supporter, Brisvegas. Little odd that you signed up after the season was over and are busily potting our captain. But -

Roo contributed as best he was able in last year's GF, with a torn adductor, and after concussing himself in the first half (?).

The first grand final this year, He played what was actually quite a good game. Easily the best forward on the ground.

Struggling to see where you're getting "serial grand final failure" from. Unless you're a troll, which I dare say you are.

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

Lennon wrote: Unless you're a troll, which I dare say you are.
If raising concerns about the mental fragility of some of our own constitutes trolling, well, who's that clip-clopping over my bridge? HOwever not all of us view the world through rose-coloured glasses. And that's where I figure I come in.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Brisvegas saint wrote:If raising concerns about the mental fragility of some of our own constitutes trolling, well, who's that clip-clopping over my bridge? HOwever not all of us view the world through rose-coloured glasses. And that's where I figure I come in.
Seventy post since the GF, none before.

Where were you when we needed your expert opinion?

I suspect a troll of the filth variety.

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Brisvegas saint wrote:If raising concerns about the mental fragility of some of our own constitutes trolling, well, who's that clip-clopping over my bridge? HOwever not all of us view the world through rose-coloured glasses. And that's where I figure I come in.
Seventy post since the GF, none before.

Where were you when we needed your expert opinion?

I suspect a troll of the filth variety.
Well obviously none before. I only registered a week after the GF. Felt the need to vent after another f***ed up year. I'll be more than happy to share my opinion throughout the summer.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Brisvegas saint wrote:Well obviously none before. I only registered a week after the GF. Felt the need to vent after another f***ed up year. I'll be more than happy to share my opinion throughout the summer.
Good, well stop sh*tbagging the club and give us some positive input and suggestions. Otherwise piss off back to Collingwood.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Captaincy

Brisvegas saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The funny thing is if this thread was around a week before the finals 99% of people would pick Rooy.
Is it still a week before the finals?

Some people have had their opinions swayed by what they saw in the finals.

Let us all know if that's OK.
Have your opinion then but that opinion is clearly not correct. So you want a new captain because our current one struggled in one GF and was pretty good in the other. Do we change captains next year if BJ struggles for the first 5 weeks or are the finals the only consideration?
It's more the 3 grand finals, 3 goals from the best forward in the game that bothers me. And two of those games were against an absolute spud.
You're the spud troll. P!ss off tossa! You're not welcome here.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Captaincy

SaintPav wrote:
Brisvegas saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The funny thing is if this thread was around a week before the finals 99% of people would pick Rooy.
Is it still a week before the finals?

Some people have had their opinions swayed by what they saw in the finals.

Let us all know if that's OK.
Have your opinion then but that opinion is clearly not correct. So you want a new captain because our current one struggled in one GF and was pretty good in the other. Do we change captains next year if BJ struggles for the first 5 weeks or are the finals the only consideration?
It's more the 3 grand finals, 3 goals from the best forward in the game that bothers me. And two of those games were against an absolute spud.
You're the spud troll. P!ss off tossa! You're not welcome here.
They do become quite tiresome. Whatever gets your rocks off I guess. If going on an opposition forum pretending to be a saints supporter does it for you well good luck. Obviously even the pies supporters don't want to talk with them :roll: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

While I can perfectly understand someone desperately aspiring to being a Saints supporter....

I could never say 'we' when describing another team, it's just wrong on so many levels!